Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny v Floyd

I used to log in to boxing forums and most threads were on the subject of manny v floyd

I think most think that if the two met now that it would be comfortable for Floyd?

but 4 or 5 years ago when many was knocking out Oscar and Cotto and hatton after clearing up in the lower weights do you think he could have won it?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny v Floyd

I'm not sure whether or not Manny would have won but I believe he could have. That Manny looked sensational and I have no doubt whatsoever that, apart from the drugs accusations, Floyd was also worried about Pac blowing apart guys that gave him "tough" fights.

I also think they should both be tied up and forced to endure multiple liver shots from GGG for not making it happen.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny has the tools to beat Floyd for sure. Anyone with that kind of power, speed, accuracy, ect is going to be trouble for anyone at a comparable weight class.

But do I think he would have beaten Floyd? No. I think Floyd would have countered the hell out of him, kept him off balance and outboxed him.

To me, I always felt that Manny had the "puncher's chance" in that fight. I never had any inkling that Manny could outbox Floyd and win a decision.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't get the Mayweather camp's logic- Manny is still the BIGGEST draw for him out there. He claims no one wants to see the fight anymore (which is a lie) so he doesn't feel he needs to make that fight.

The best thing to happen for Mayweather was for Manny to get a ko loss. He can use that to duck- even though Manny is still an elite fighter and would be the biggest draw for him out there, even bigger than the DLH fight. But, Mayweather will use that KO loss to essentially say (quite disrespectfully so, I may add) that "Manny ain't shit!" Which we all know Mayweather has lost his effin' mind if he thinks that we think that about Manny.

Mayweather will fight all around Manny's previous opponents, but would never set foot in the ring vs. Manny.

Mayweather will retire, but the blemish for not fighting Manny will be on the list of things he did wrong. That and, to a small degree, not fighting Cotto when Cotto was Cotto and not just a mere shade of the older brother Cotto.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mayweather is all about the money, as he claims he is, and he feels he can dust Manny easily- then take an easy big money fight and get it over with!!

The Mayweather logic is nutty, at best. Everyone in that camp has to be punch-drunk or think that we're punch-drunk or stupid or both!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can't put the blame for the fight not happening on one guy, it was both fighters and their camps being prima donnas.

When the fight was supposed to happen, it was two guys who were fighting for the #1 p4p spot and legacy points. I honestly believe there would have been argument for the winner to be the #1 of all time. But they both blew it.

There's no way this will happen now because Manny doesn't have leverage anymore and will for sure take the small end of the stick in any purse negotations, and will have to jump through whatever hoops Mayweather wants him to (including drug testing on PBF's terms).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    You can't put the blame for the fight not happening on one guy, it was both fighters and their camps being prima donnas.

When the fight was supposed to happen, it was two guys who were fighting for the #1 p4p spot and legacy points. I honestly believe there would have been argument for the winner to be the #1 of all time. But they both blew it.

There's no way this will happen now because Manny doesn't have leverage anymore and will for sure take the small end of the stick in any purse negotations, and will have to jump through whatever hoops Mayweather wants him to (including drug testing on PBF's terms).
    I think it was Arum on the Manny side, and Mayweather's sissy-ness on the Mayweather camp's side.

Arum simply was being an arse. And Mayweather was being a chicken-spit.

I think this fight, IF it is to be made, Manny would have to put the money aside and fight just for fighting's sake. Throw the ball in Mayweather's chicken-spit court.

Manny would, perhaps, have to take this fight for sheer pride alone. A 70-30 split for Mayweather in all points would or SHOULD be enough to entice Mayweather. I feel Manny is that kinda guy and not greedy.

It's obvious Manny has a planned and structured life, more so than Mayweather. He isn't all about the money- Manny has a country to run when he retires and a large family that TRULY loves him.

Mayweather on the other hand, all he has is his money for folks to want to be around him and trust him to do anything.

Manny has always been a little more classy, prideful and loved the sport more than Mayweather does.

Manny should take this fight on virtually any terms Mayweather wants- cut out Arum too, if the case may be. Just take the fight for pride's sake- Manny will do that. Mayweather won't!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Manny has nothing to lose at this point, technically he has lost twice in a row (including a brutal KO loss), and seems to be hinting that retirement is on the horizon, so why not take a shot at being the guy to beat Floyd?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cringe at the lack of invention in people who start threads with this title.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares anymore.

Canelo is the big risk right now.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    I cringe at the lack of invention in people who start threads with this title.
    youre so mint
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

who gives a shit about manny vs floyd-- have seen the money michael buffer makes

Michael Buffer Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

this can't be real!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mann fuck a floyd-manny. It gets old beating on a dead horse.

Floyd would have dominated him.. Floyd might have been extra cautious for the first few rounds, being well aware of Pac's reputation, but he would have figured him out easily and it would have been a wipeout.

Im glad this fight never happened cuz it wouldnt have lived up to its expectations anyways.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd would have won too but Manny would have made him work a lot harder than if he fought JMM, Ortiz, Shane and other inferior fighters he was fed at that point. Manny will not be the same fighter he once was when he beat ODH, Cotto and Margarito. Big shame as the fight would have been a classic.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information