Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Future of boxing.

Who do you think will be the biggest stars in boxing when Wlad, Vitali, Floyd, Manny, JMM, and (maybe) Hopkins retire? Who will define this next generation? I think the future looks bright, with fighters like Usyk, Lomachenko, Golovkin, Ward, Kovalev, Wilder, and Ruiz Jr.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Future of boxing.

I really like Kovalev and sadly I have a feeling he's going to be avoided like the flesh eating disease. If Roman Gonzalez was in a different division he'd be a household name already even with the casual fans. I had high hopes for Russell Jr. and I understand the careful handling of fighters in this risk and reward world but his coddling seems a little out of the ordinary for a guy with his kind of talent. Alvarez will be a massive star even if Floyd beats him like a drum. I still have high hopes for Jose Benavidez and Carlos Velasquez. I think Mikey Garcia is going to be a bigger star. Adonis Stevenson could really break through unless he gets reckless. If Groves beats Froch that would be huge.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish Ward had more star power.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I really like Kovalev and sadly I have a feeling he's going to be avoided like the flesh eating disease. If Roman Gonzalez was in a different division he'd be a household name already even with the casual fans. I had high hopes for Russell Jr. and I understand the careful handling of fighters in this risk and reward world but his coddling seems a little out of the ordinary for a guy with his kind of talent. Alvarez will be a massive star even if Floyd beats him like a drum. I still have high hopes for Jose Benavidez and Carlos Velasquez. I think Mikey Garcia is going to be a bigger star. Adonis Stevenson could really break through unless he gets reckless. If Groves beats Froch that would be huge.
    I'm not sure adonis is the future as they'd say he's already on the wrong side of 30. Mikey garcia tho should become huge, hell probably need a rival or two though along the way as he doesn't really have that brash personality that attracts the media, very cerebral fighter. Erol spence if he can develop well and keep the kos coming should attain a good following, but still way early.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I'm not sure adonis is the future as they'd say he's already on the wrong side of 30. Mikey garcia tho should become huge, hell probably need a rival or two though along the way as he doesn't really have that brash personality that attracts the media, very cerebral fighter. Erol spence if he can develop well and keep the kos coming should attain a good following, but still way early.
    Indeed. Stevenson has a pretty short window to cash in on. He could be big but briefly.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward, Mikey Garcia, Saul and Golovkin.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I nominate Terence Crawford as one of those guys. He has a lot of tools. He can fight effectively from both stances, has good power, good speed, can fight well slick, or in the pocket. And the dude has what it takes on the inside to be that guy. Its funny to me because I didn't think he had nearly this kind of promise at all in the amateurs.
    Last edited by jehoshaphat; 09-03-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ward, Mikey Garcia, Saul and Golovkin.
    I definitely think Mikey Garcia. That dude is pure. And I just don't see how anyone from 60 on down beats Golovkin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats peoples opinions of Ruiz JR? Do you think he can become a force at HW?
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bo-Bo24 View Post
    Whats peoples opinions of Ruiz JR? Do you think he can become a force at HW?
    he isn't beating a top 10 guy ever unless he gets in shape. I see him as a younger version of a smaller and chubbier Arreola

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frankie Gavin
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information