49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Alvarez has always had great respect for Mosley. He took it easy on him. He could of stopped him if he wanted. But out of respect for him he never went for it
    Lol.

What a stupid statement.

I heard canelo took it easy on trout as well. He likes to pretend hes tired in the later rounds.

Bloody hell..whats next!?
    You haven't even seen the fight. So why comment on it? If you have seen it than tell me in which round Alvarez tried to stop him in? After the 1st round the fight was already his. Yet he never went for the stoppage. Why? Out of respect for him. Learn to read between the fucking lines. It's really not that hard
    Rubbish.

I saw the fight like many others and mosely is no matthew hatton or ryan rhodes.

Canelo is a good fighter that always has the advantage of picking on guys that are smaller than him rather than fight guys at his own weightclass.

Canelo never carried mosely.

Wake up and open your eyes once in awhile and try eatin ginger nuts of the biscuit type in future as their quite nice with tea.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mosley says PBF and Canelo have about the same punching power

Quote Originally Posted by jehoshaphat View Post
    Yeah, I saw an interview of Mosley saying that too. I always figured Floyd hit harder than the public opinion but he just doesn't sit on his punches a lot throughout a fight because of his movement. Against Mosley he sat down a lot more on his punches than usual so Mosley got a good gauge of those punches. I think they do hit close to the same but Canelo throws more of his harder punches a lot more often and this gives the impression of being a harder puncher. Its a percentage game. Floyd can hit you with 4 or 5 of his 70 percenters and only take 1 or your 90 percenters. (Most hit and not be hit shots probably teeter around 70 percent of your power)
    And nearly got knocked out in round 2.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez has always had great respect for Mosley. He took it easy on him. He could of stopped him if he wanted. But out of respect for him he never went for it
    Lol.

What a stupid statement.

I heard canelo took it easy on trout as well. He likes to pretend hes tired in the later rounds.

You haven't even seen the fight. So why comment on it? If you have seen it than tell me in which round Alvarez tried to stop him in? After the 1st round the fight was already his. Yet he never went for the stoppage. Why? Out of respect for him. Learn to read between the fucking lines. It's really not that hard
    Rubbish.

I saw the fight like many others and mosely is no matthew hatton or ryan rhodes.

Canelo is a good fighter that always has the advantage of picking on guys that are smaller than him rather than fight guys at his own weightclass.

Wake up and open your eyes once in awhile and try eatin ginger nuts of the biscuit type in future as their quite nice with tea.
    Answer the question gay boy. When did he go for the knock out? What round?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol.

What a stupid statement.

Rubbish.

He didnt be cause he doesnt have it in him. Did he also respect Matthew Hatton for all the great things he had done at light middle also?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jehoshaphat View Post
    Against Mosley he sat down a lot more on his punches
    And nearly got knocked out in round 2.

That is not a 1+1=2 equation.

It's not like he got hit while trading. He just got hit. Then Floyd made damn sure he never hit him with the same shot again
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Lol.

What a stupid statement.

Rubbish.

He didnt be cause he doesnt have it in him. Did he also respect Matthew Hatton for all the great things he had done at light middle also?
    Dont waste your time Ross.

He is so blinded its untrue.

Roy jones carried fighters. Thats what carrying looks like.

In your world canelo can do anything he wants to anyone.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane Mosley has had nearly 60 fights and has never been stopped, and he's fought many a world champion along the way. Pacquaio, Margarito, Mayorga, Cotto, Vargas 2x, DLH 2x, Forrest 2x, ect ect, and never been stopped.

What would possibly make you think that stopping Mosley would be easy for some 23 year old kid who really has only had a handful of real fights in his career?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sure if Alvarez could have knocked out Shane he would have done.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Shane Mosley has had nearly 60 fights and has never been stopped, and he's fought many a world champion along the way. Pacquaio, Margarito, Mayorga, Cotto, Vargas 2x, DLH 2x, Forrest 2x, ect ect, and never been stopped.

What would possibly make you think that stopping Mosley would be easy for some 23 year old kid who really has only had a handful of real fights in his career?
    Shane is a welter weight. He was on his last legs in the Mayweather fight and had the last good bit of success he will ever have hurting the best fighter in the world but that same fighter came back the very same round and took over massively and Shane could do nothing about it. Then after that fight he was another safe softened up name for Pacquiao to tenderise even more. Then Shane moves up a weight where Alvarez enters the ring as a light heavy, probably heavier than Froch when hes boxing and Alvarez "fights" cautious.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Spot on masterclass

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont worry violent demise, we all say stupid things sometimes.

Its all part of the learning process.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha. It's a bit insulting to the legend Mosley to say "oh yeah this young kid could have gotten him out of there anytime." Mosley isn't going to just roll over and die.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol.

What a stupid statement.

Rubbish.

Lol.

What a stupid statement.

Rubbish.

I count 4 muthafukkas saying the same thing. Yet neither can provide me a round in which Alvarez went for the knock out. It's true Mosley has never been stopped before. But Alvarez was the biggest opponent he had been in with. He had the power to stop Mosley. But he never tried.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol.

What a stupid statement.

Rubbish.

Lol.

What a stupid statement.

Rubbish.

I count 4 muthafukkas saying the same thing. Yet neither can provide me a round in which Alvarez went for the knock out. It's true Mosley has never been stopped before. But Alvarez was the biggest opponent he had been in with. He had the power to stop Mosley. But he never tried.
    Thats because he could not!

Jeeez, your hard work.

Manny pac is small but look at the power he generates from those tree trunk legs!

Just because canelo is bigger than mosely does not mean he has the power to knock him out!

Canelo fades like judah and punches no harder than lil floyd.

A veteren like mosely was in no danger against canelo even at that stage of his career!

Dont get too hyped up over canelos 40+ wins..look at the history of the opponents and and do your homework before you say something.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So if Alvarez did manage to have hurt Shane would he have pulled back his punches as not hurt him or would he have done the decent thing and knocked him out and put him out of his misery?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information