Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mosley says PBF and Canelo have about the same punching power

Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    Mosley is a universally liked fighter. He was also a former owner of Golden Boy. Which means he most likely knew Canelo for awhile. Im not saying he did, but I can see where maybe Canelo decided he was going 12 rounds instead of going for the KO.

Even though Canelo was always in control there really isn't a round In which he really opens up trying to get a stoppage. Just my 2 cents
    Everyone loves a cheater

He didn't open up because he's not as good as he's made out to be.

Haye didn't win a round against Wlad because he's not as good as he thought he was.

Its like you cant believe that someone as good as Canelo couldn't stop a completely faded Mosely, especially seeing how big Alvarez is compared to Shane

You are in for a rude awakening when Mayweather is pot shotting him and Canelo goes in to his shell (out of respect of course).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Mosley is a universally liked fighter. He was also a former owner of Golden Boy. Which means he most likely knew Canelo for awhile. Im not saying he did, but I can see where maybe Canelo decided he was going 12 rounds instead of going for the KO.

Even though Canelo was always in control there really isn't a round In which he really opens up trying to get a stoppage. Just my 2 cents
    Everyone loves a cheater

He didn't open up because he's not as good as he's made out to be.

Haye didn't win a round against Wlad because he's not as good as he thought he was.

Its like you cant believe that someone as good as Canelo couldn't stop a completely faded Mosely, especially seeing how big Alvarez is compared to Shane

You are in for a rude awakening when Mayweather is pot shotting him and Canelo goes in to his shell (out of respect of course).
    No no no,

Ross, you need to understand that canelo is alot bigger than mayweather so he will have more power.

Also, after canelo wins i will be asking you what round he went for the KO.

I dont think canelo will go for the knockout because he respects floyd too much and his £4£ status.

Canelo has a great career ahead of him as long as he is bigger than all his opponents and respects them enough..

Lol

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Canelo choose not to knockout mosely out of respect and also canelo has the power to knockout mosely because he is the biggest opponent mosely ever faced

VD, that is what you have been saying in your posts.

Do you now realise how stupid that sounds?

Any fighter that doesnt look as though he is going for the KO in your eyes is holding back and showing respect.

How about the option that he was reluctant to open up on mosely because of the fact that mosely fights back and has a crazy KO ratio!!

Wonder whether floyd and pac held back as well?..or oscar?
    Floyd, Pac and Oscar went for the knock out and couldn't get it. Alvarez never went for it. The fight was in the bag after the first round. He had nothing to worry about. But he decided not to go for it. Shit is not that hard to understand.

Let me put it in terms you understand. A week ago I was watching an old Floyd Mayweather fight. It was against Victoriano Sosa. He had a little bit of difficulty earlier on. But by the late rounds he was toying with him. To the point where I think he could of stopped him if he would of let his hands go more. But he doesn't. For whatever his reasons were he elected to go the full 12 instead of going for the stoppage. Are you trying to tell me Floyd Mayweather can't stopped Victoriano Sosa if he really wanted to? Or does Sosa going 12 mean Mayweather is not capable of stopping him?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Violent, you're missing the point.

Let me put it to you like this: if I don't buy a lottery ticket, does that mean that I don't want 50 million dollars?

The millions of people who don't buy lottery tickets obviously don't want money... is that a fair conclusion to draw?

Just because a guy doesn't go for something, doesn't mean he doesn't want it. He may think that the prize is very unlikely, or carries too much risk.

You've heard the old boxing adage "don't go looking for a knockout, let it come naturally". Well, Mosley is one of the riskiest guys to go for a knockout against.

1) He's super durable, so the chances of you blowing energy and gassing out without finishing him are pretty high.

2) Mosley has big power and fast hands, which means that if you get overly aggressive, you take the risk of getting countered and KO'd yourself.

Canelo wasn't doing Mosley any favors out there. Mosley took a beating, but was never in danger of getting put away. He had the fight in the bag and elected not to go for the KO because it would have been too risky.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Canelo choose not to knockout mosely out of respect and also canelo has the power to knockout mosely because he is the biggest opponent mosely ever faced

Any fighter that doesnt look as though he is going for the KO in your eyes is holding back and showing respect.

How about the option that he was reluctant to open up on mosely because of the fact that mosely fights back and has a crazy KO ratio!!

Floyd, Pac and Oscar went for the knock out and couldn't get it. Alvarez never went for it. The fight was in the bag after the first round. He had nothing to worry about. But he decided not to go for it. Shit is not that hard to understand.

Let me put it in terms you understand. A week ago I was watching an old Floyd Mayweather fight. It was against Victoriano Sosa. He had a little bit of difficulty earlier on. But by the late rounds he was toying with him. To the point where I think he could of stopped him if he would of let his hands go more. But he doesn't. For whatever his reasons were he elected to go the full 12 instead of going for the stoppage. Are you trying to tell me Floyd Mayweather can't stopped Victoriano Sosa if he really wanted to? Or does Sosa going 12 mean Mayweather is not capable of stopping him?
    Sosa is not mosely.

What on earth has this got to do with it?!

You also said that canelo is the biggest opponent that mosely faced and had more power?!

Come here VD...give me a hug.

You need one.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me put it in terms YOU understand.
    When the whole world says "white"..... and you're the only one that says "black"..... you're WRONG.

Simple enough for you?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Violent, you're missing the point.

Mosley is one of the riskiest guys to go for a knockout against.

1) He's super durable, so the chances of you blowing energy and gassing out without finishing him are pretty high.

2) Mosley has big power and fast hands, which means that if you get overly aggressive, you take the risk of getting countered and KO'd yourself.

Canelo wasn't doing Mosley any favors out there. Mosley took a beating, but was never in danger of getting put away. He had the fight in the bag and elected not to go for the KO because it would have been too risky.
    Actually you missed the point. You're talking about Mosley from the year 2000. I'll even give you the Mosley from 2009. What you said applies to them Mosley's. I'm not talking about that Mosley. That Mosley no longer exists. I'm talking about the Mosley from 2012. The slurring his words Mosley who hadn't fought in over a year following a loss. A loss that wasn't even competitive. He actually lost by 13 points on one of the judges scorecards. And keep in mind he was credited with a knock down in the fight. That's how one-sided the loss was. He even wanted to quit like if he was a Puerto Rican. None of the things you said applied to that Mosley. Alvarez could of stopped him if he wanted to. Manny Pacquiao could of stopped him if he wanted to. He admitted himself he stepped off the gas. Out of respect.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Finally someone gets it. He never opened up cuz he wasn't looking for a stoppage. It's that simple

Yeah... that's it. Canelo was aiming NOT to knock out Mosley.
    Violet... your moronic, one-sided love of everything Mexican never ceases to get a laugh out of those of us in the forum who actually have a brain inside our skulls.

But you just keep up the good work.

As silly as this sounds Canelo was not looking for the KO . At the time of the fight Canelo did not have any big fight experience to risk an orchestrated GBP fight path. Once it was apparent Mosely had little chance of winning it became a business transaction for GBP with Mosely being the sacrificial lamb with little damage to absorb and a marketing plus for Canelo. It is a all about the money that is why Mayweather always partners with Oscar to make money and laugh all the way to the bank. In this upcoming fight I am certain Mayweather is certain he will win as the "0" means almost as much as money to him. I personally believe we are going to see 1 of 2 or three fights. Logic not heart tells me the decision has already been determined. The fight only has to be entertaining or controversial for Money & Oscar to rake in more money. So VD is kinda right but it was business not respect that kept him from pummeling Mosely.
    Last edited by Addicted to_boxing; 09-07-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sosa is not mosely.

What on earth has this got to do with it?!

You also said that canelo is the biggest opponent that mosely faced and had more power?!

Come here VD...give me a hug.

You need one.
    Don't even worry about it. The post went completely over your head. I keep forgetting you don't possess the knowledge to comprehend what is asked of you

Let me put it in terms YOU understand.
    When the whole world says "white"..... and you're the only one that says "black"..... you're WRONG.

Simple enough for you?
    I'm not some weak, mindless sheep like you who is to much of a bitch to think for himself. I don't give a fuck if my opinion isn't the same one others have. I'm right. They're wrong. I'm not gonna change my opinion just to have the same one somebody else has. Only pussies like you do that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post

Finally someone gets it. He never opened up cuz he wasn't looking for a stoppage. It's that simple

Violet... your moronic, one-sided love of everything Mexican never ceases to get a laugh out of those of us in the forum who actually have a brain inside our skulls.

As silly as this sounds Canelo was not looking for the KO . At the time of the fight Canelo did not have any big fight experience to risk an orchestrated GBP fight path. Once it was apparent Mosely had little chance of winning it became a business transaction for GBP with Mosely being the sacrificial lamb with little damage to absorb and a marketing plus for Canelo. It is a all about the money that is why Mayweather always partners with Oscar to make money and laugh all the way to the bank. In this upcoming fight I am certain Mayweather is certain he will win as the "0" means almost as much as money to him. I personally believe we are going to see 1 of 2 or three fights. Logic not heart tells me the decision has already been determined. The fight only has to be entertaining or controversial for Money & Oscar to rake in more money. So VD is kinda right but it was business not respect that kept him from pummeling Mosely.
    So Canelo refusing to KO Mosley was a business decision? LMFAO you really believe in that shit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did canelo choose to not KO trout as well?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leave VD alone, this is getting embarrassing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did canelo choose to not KO trout as well?
    What kind of stupid question is that? Trout was a live opponent. He wasn't shot. Alvarez was in a fight trying to win. Trout was a threat the whole fight. Stupid comparison

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

(VD) (The civilized, knowledgeable boxing world)

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post

So Canelo refusing to KO Mosley was a business decision? LMFAO you really believe in that shit.
    Yeah and last count Canelo is in Big Bear training for the Money fight in Mosleys cabin not yours ..... You can LMFAO UNTIL YOU SHIT YOUR PANTS. It is a given fact ODLH, Mayweather, Hopkins and Mosely are all about making money. As former and current boxers they focus on putting money into the fighters pockets. They are a money generating frat friends. If you had any business savvy this all would resonate in that brain of yours. The best business form of advertising is word of mouth why have your fighter KTFO out of Mosley? Now Mosley lives to fight again and cash more checks plus he just might funnel a prospect by GBP. Notice a common denominator? They are Black and Latino. They are not giving the money to asian and white UNAPPRECIATIVE promotors of today
    Last edited by Addicted to_boxing; 09-08-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Thread Information