Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mosley says PBF and Canelo have about the same punching power

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    Mosley is a universally liked fighter. He was also a former owner of Golden Boy. Which means he most likely knew Canelo for awhile. Im not saying he did, but I can see where maybe Canelo decided he was going 12 rounds instead of going for the KO.

Even though Canelo was always in control there really isn't a round In which he really opens up trying to get a stoppage. Just my 2 cents
    Finally someone gets it. He never opened up cuz he wasn't looking for a stoppage. It's that simple

Yeah... that's it. Canelo was aiming NOT to knock out Mosley.
    Violet... your moronic, one-sided love of everything Mexican never ceases to get a laugh out of those of us in the forum who actually have a brain inside our skulls.

But you just keep up the good work.

As silly as this sounds Canelo was not looking for the KO . At the time of the fight Canelo did not have any big fight experience to risk an orchestrated GBP fight path. Once it was apparent Mosely had little chance of winning it became a business transaction for GBP with Mosely being the sacrificial lamb with little damage to absorb and a marketing plus for Canelo. It is a all about the money that is why Mayweather always partners with Oscar to make money and laugh all the way to the bank. In this upcoming fight I am certain Mayweather is certain he will win as the "0" means almost as much as money to him. I personally believe we are going to see 1 of 2 or three fights. Logic not heart tells me the decision has already been determined. The fight only has to be entertaining or controversial for Money & Oscar to rake in more money. So VD is kinda right but it was business not respect that kept him from pummeling Mosely.
    So Canelo refusing to KO Mosley was a business decision? LMFAO you really believe in that shit.
    Yeah and last count Canelo is in Big Bear training for the Money fight in Mosleys cabin not yours .....
    Why dont you just tell us that you believe in tooth fairies and leprechauns too.

You dont know shit about Boxing, son. Go suck some more mommy titties.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Mosley is a universally liked fighter. He was also a former owner of Golden Boy. Which means he most likely knew Canelo for awhile. Im not saying he did, but I can see where maybe Canelo decided he was going 12 rounds instead of going for the KO.

Even though Canelo was always in control there really isn't a round In which he really opens up trying to get a stoppage. Just my 2 cents
    Finally someone gets it. He never opened up cuz he wasn't looking for a stoppage. It's that simple

Yeah... that's it. Canelo was aiming NOT to knock out Mosley.
    Violet... your moronic, one-sided love of everything Mexican never ceases to get a laugh out of those of us in the forum who actually have a brain inside our skulls.

But you just keep up the good work.

As silly as this sounds Canelo was not looking for the KO . At the time of the fight Canelo did not have any big fight experience to risk an orchestrated GBP fight path. Once it was apparent Mosely had little chance of winning it became a business transaction for GBP with Mosely being the sacrificial lamb with little damage to absorb and a marketing plus for Canelo. It is a all about the money that is why Mayweather always partners with Oscar to make money and laugh all the way to the bank. In this upcoming fight I am certain Mayweather is certain he will win as the "0" means almost as much as money to him. I personally believe we are going to see 1 of 2 or three fights. Logic not heart tells me the decision has already been determined. The fight only has to be entertaining or controversial for Money & Oscar to rake in more money. So VD is kinda right but it was business not respect that kept him from pummeling Mosely.
    So Canelo refusing to KO Mosley was a business decision? LMFAO you really believe in that shit.
    Yeah and last count Canelo is in Big Bear training for the Money fight in Mosleys cabin not yours .....
    Why dont you just tell us that you believe in tooth fairies and leprechauns too.

You dont know shit about Boxing, son. Go suck some more mommy titties.
    Tooth fairies and Leprechauns ? These descriptive words belong in your profile. And you need call your mommy because she is pissed that I got off her titties. Dude you are Korean, this is not an Electronics blog site. Where are great buys on Black Friday this year is what you should be commenting on. Where is your Korean champion?
    Last edited by Addicted to_boxing; 09-08-2013 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Canelo hurt Mosley with a couple bodyshots Canelo did, for whatever reason, not follow through. I thought maybe he was holding back but then I remembered Canelo only fights for half a round..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Did canelo choose to not KO trout as well?
    What kind of stupid question is that? Trout was a live opponent. He wasn't shot. Alvarez was in a fight trying to win. Trout was a threat the whole fight. Stupid comparison
    sarcasm is the highest form of criticism

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez has always had great respect for Mosley. He took it easy on him. He could of stopped him if he wanted. But out of respect for him he never went for it
    Lol

This situation can happen in many fights but it did not happen in this one.

End.
    Last edited by imp; 09-08-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did canelo choose to not KO trout as well?
    What kind of stupid question is that? Trout was a live opponent. He wasn't shot. Alvarez was in a fight trying to win. Trout was a threat the whole fight. Stupid comparison
    sarcasm is the highest form of criticism

"Sarcasm" has more than one syllable. You're wasting your time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez has always had great respect for Mosley. He took it easy on him. He could of stopped him if he wanted. But out of respect for him he never went for it
    Lol

End.
    This thread actually made me look at the fight again. There was a couple of instances where Canelo had Mosley in trouble and didn't go for it. Only Canelo knows if he pulled back on purpose or not. But it kind of looks like he did. I know this goes against what you been saying, so Im not expecting you to agree with it. It's just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

End.
    This thread actually made me look at the fight again. There was a couple of instances where Canelo had Mosley in trouble and didn't go for it. Only Canelo knows if he pulled back on purpose or not. But it kind of looks like he did. I know this goes against what you been saying, so Im not expecting you to agree with it. It's just my 2 cents
    No probs scotty,

Its all good fun.

We all cant agree on things or the world would be very boring.

No one really knows but canelo if he felt he could have got the KO but didnt.

I just cant see mosely getting KO by canelo when he couldnt finish matthew hatton at a catchweight he was overweight for.

My opinion like many others is that canelo (regardless of how big he is) could not KO mosely because the risk was too great not because of respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

End.
    No probs scotty,

Its all good fun.

I just cant see mosely getting KO by canelo when he couldnt finish matthew hatton at a catchweight he was overweight for.

My opinion like many others is that canelo (regardless of how big he is) could not KO mosely because the risk was too great not because of respect.
    The Hatton fight is really not a good example. The way Hatton fought that night, I don't think Pacquiao or Mayweather or any top fighter around that weight would of stopped Hatton. Hatton wasn't fighting to win. He was fighting to survive. Every time he was hurt and whenever Canelo got to close Hatton would latch on for dear life. He wouldn't let go till the ref broke them up. It's very hard to stop an opponent who's only trying to survive and is holding more than he's punching.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

End.
    No probs scotty,

Its all good fun.

The Hatton fight is really not a good example. The way Hatton fought that night, I don't think Pacquiao or Mayweather or any top fighter around that weight would of stopped Hatton. Hatton wasn't fighting to win. He was fighting to survive. Every time he was hurt and whenever Canelo got to close Hatton would latch on for dear life. He wouldn't let go till the ref broke them up. It's very hard to stop an opponent who's only trying to survive and is holding more than he's punching.
    Stop making sense. He can't comprehend it. And it's a waste of time. Cuz he's never seen the fight. If he had he would of never used it as an example. It's pretty easy to tell the fools who live off boxing rec. It's there friend. But it exposes them as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

End.
    No probs scotty,

Its all good fun.

Stop making sense. He can't comprehend it. And it's a waste of time. Cuz he's never seen the fight. If he had he would of never used it as an example. It's pretty easy to tell the fools who live off boxing rec. It's there friend. But it exposes them as well
    I was surprised to see the Hatton fight used as an example. But I understand now that I know he hasn't seen it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

End.
    No probs scotty,

Its all good fun.

Stop trying to change the subject.

You mentioned that canelo was mosely BIGGEST opponent so would have more power AND you said that canelo did not knockout mosely out of respect.

Am i to believe that all tysons bigger opponents had more power than him?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

End.
    No probs scotty,

Its all good fun.

I was surprised to see the Hatton fight used as an example. But I understand now that I know he hasn't seen it.
    Your right scotty,

To evade getting knocked out all you need to do is grab and hold like matthew hatton did.

And your right, floyd or manny wouldnt know how to deal with matthew hatton punchbag defensive skills and would have been there all night.

Well done petal.

Hatton is a bit bigger than floyd and manny so would have more power like VD mentioned earlier and might have held back knocking out both of these £4£ champs out of respect.

Loool

I look forward to both of you starting a thread after the floyd/canelo fight and you telling me in detail how canelo size difference in power beats floyd on points and the post match press conference discussing why canelo never went for the KO...
    "it was out of respect"

Get a room.
    Last edited by imp; 09-08-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol

End.
    No probs scotty,

Its all good fun.

Stop trying to change the subject.

You mentioned that canelo was mosely BIGGEST opponent so would have more power AND you said that canelo did not knockout mosely out of respect.

Am i to believe that all tysons bigger opponents had more power than him?
    Tyson was a natural heavyweight and build like a tank. No one had more power than him, Mosley was not a natural Junior Middleweight. He's a natural Lightweight. Which is 2 weight classes below. So yes Alvarez was the biggest opponent he faced. And the one with the most power.

I'm a tell you a little secret you don't know. Fighters don't hate each other. They respect each other. Unbelievable. I know. Alvarez respects Mosley a lot. Not only that, and this going to shock you to the point where you might hyperventilate. You ready? Alvarez respects Mayweather too. Yes, you read that correctly. I know it boggles that little brain of yours. But it's true.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course boxers respect each other?!

And i mentioned before that there have been fights were fighters has carried fighters out of respect etc

Just because a fighter is in a higher weight class does not always mean they have more power?!! This is 7lbs not 30lbs!

Plus, look at mosely KO ratio compared to canelo and the world champions that mosely has faced..how could you say that canelo could have KO mosely at any point?

Answer the question instead of hiding behind bad language and immature behaviour like you always do.

Ps:- There was a thread on here awhile back about hands of stone lightweight duran...are we to believe he never took his power up with him?
    Last edited by imp; 09-08-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Thread Information