Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Alvarez has always had great respect for Mosley. He took it easy on him. He could of stopped him if he wanted. But out of respect for him he never went for it
    Lol

This situation can happen in many fights but it did not happen in this one.

End.
    This thread actually made me look at the fight again. There was a couple of instances where Canelo had Mosley in trouble and didn't go for it. Only Canelo knows if he pulled back on purpose or not. But it kind of looks like he did. I know this goes against what you been saying, so Im not expecting you to agree with it. It's just my 2 cents
    No probs scotty,

Its all good fun.

We all cant agree on things or the world would be very boring.

No one really knows but canelo if he felt he could have got the KO but didnt.

I just cant see mosely getting KO by canelo when he couldnt finish matthew hatton at a catchweight he was overweight for.

My opinion like many others is that canelo (regardless of how big he is) could not KO mosely because the risk was too great not because of respect.
    The Hatton fight is really not a good example. The way Hatton fought that night, I don't think Pacquiao or Mayweather or any top fighter around that weight would of stopped Hatton. Hatton wasn't fighting to win. He was fighting to survive. Every time he was hurt and whenever Canelo got to close Hatton would latch on for dear life. He wouldn't let go till the ref broke them up. It's very hard to stop an opponent who's only trying to survive and is holding more than he's punching.
    Stop making sense. He can't comprehend it. And it's a waste of time. Cuz he's never seen the fight. If he had he would of never used it as an example. It's pretty easy to tell the fools who live off boxing rec. It's there friend. But it exposes them as well
    I was surprised to see the Hatton fight used as an example. But I understand now that I know he hasn't seen it.
    Your right scotty,

To evade getting knocked out all you need to do is grab and hold like matthew hatton did.

And your right, floyd or manny wouldnt know how to deal with matthew hatton punchbag defensive skills and would have been there all night.

Well done petal.

Hatton is a bit bigger than floyd and manny so would have more power like VD mentioned earlier and might have held back knocking out both of these £4£ champs out of respect.

Loool

I look forward to both of you starting a thread after the floyd/canelo fight and you telling me in detail how canelo size difference in power beats floyd on points and the post match press conference discussing why canelo never went for the KO...
    "it was out of respect"

Get a room.
    Don't speak to me that way. I been on this forum for awhile. I don't get to post as much as I would like, but when I do I believe in being respectful. I shown you nothing but respect. I don't take sides in any of these forum wars. I just agree with some points over others. Don't be disrespectful towards me by speaking to me in that sarcastic manner and tell me to get a room just because I don't agree with some of your points. It's childish and immature. Im just going to log off. So you have yourself a good day.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez has always had great respect for Mosley. He took it easy on him. He could of stopped him if he wanted. But out of respect for him he never went for it
    Lol

This situation can happen in many fights but it did not happen in this one.

End.
    This thread actually made me look at the fight again. There was a couple of instances where Canelo had Mosley in trouble and didn't go for it. Only Canelo knows if he pulled back on purpose or not. But it kind of looks like he did. I know this goes against what you been saying, so Im not expecting you to agree with it. It's just my 2 cents
    No probs scotty,

Its all good fun.

We all cant agree on things or the world would be very boring.

No one really knows but canelo if he felt he could have got the KO but didnt.

I just cant see mosely getting KO by canelo when he couldnt finish matthew hatton at a catchweight he was overweight for.

My opinion like many others is that canelo (regardless of how big he is) could not KO mosely because the risk was too great not because of respect.
    The Hatton fight is really not a good example. The way Hatton fought that night, I don't think Pacquiao or Mayweather or any top fighter around that weight would of stopped Hatton. Hatton wasn't fighting to win. He was fighting to survive. Every time he was hurt and whenever Canelo got to close Hatton would latch on for dear life. He wouldn't let go till the ref broke them up. It's very hard to stop an opponent who's only trying to survive and is holding more than he's punching.
    Stop making sense. He can't comprehend it. And it's a waste of time. Cuz he's never seen the fight. If he had he would of never used it as an example. It's pretty easy to tell the fools who live off boxing rec. It's there friend. But it exposes them as well
    I was surprised to see the Hatton fight used as an example. But I understand now that I know he hasn't seen it.
    Your right scotty,

To evade getting knocked out all you need to do is grab and hold like matthew hatton did.

And your right, floyd or manny wouldnt know how to deal with matthew hatton punchbag defensive skills and would have been there all night.

Well done petal.

Hatton is a bit bigger than floyd and manny so would have more power like VD mentioned earlier and might have held back knocking out both of these £4£ champs out of respect.

Loool

I look forward to both of you starting a thread after the floyd/canelo fight and you telling me in detail how canelo size difference in power beats floyd on points and the post match press conference discussing why canelo never went for the KO...
    "it was out of respect"

Get a room.
    Don't speak to me that way. I been on this forum for awhile. I don't get to post as much as I would like, but when I do I believe in being respectful. I shown you nothing but respect. I don't take sides in any of these forum wars. I just agree with some points over others. Don't be disrespectful towards me by speaking to me in that sarcastic manner and tell me to get a room just because I don't agree with some of your points. It's childish and immature. Im just going to log off. So you have yourself a good day.
    If you believe in being respectful, dont accuse me first of NOT seeing fights that I have seen.

I only bite if provoked.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mosley says PBF and Canelo have about the same punching power

I'm the one who expose you not seeing the fight. Not him stupid.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You silly pup.

Look at the posts..you both did.

Come on VD, do your homework.

All that anger and aggression, what shortcomings are trying to hide?!

Lol.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You silly pup.

Stop making it so obvious you haven't seen the fight. Seriously some of the things you say or don't acknowledge only lead to that conclusion.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You silly pup.

Stop making it so obvious you haven't seen the fight. Seriously some of the things you say or don't acknowledge only lead to that conclusion.
    So yet again your going to dance around my questions.

You bring up mayweather and sosa,
    I can bring up matthew hatton.

You have your opinion. I have mine.

I believe as talented as canelo is he did NOT ko mosely because he COULD NOT ko mosely.

He never went for it because he did not want to risk it against a ko artist like mosely even at this stage.

YOUR opinion is that canelo is BIGGER than mosely and his BIGGEST opponent and has more POWER than all of the world champions that mosely has ever faced PLUS the fact that he choose not to ko mosely out of RESPECT.

Theres nothing hard to understand or get rattled about.

You are just upset because you like to be right all the time but start crying when someone stands up to you..

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was silly when people were saying "ohhh Mosley stopped fighting." No, Floyd made him stop fighting with his precision countering and POWER. Floyd's no Matthysse but he can keep guys honest for sure.
    his speed and accuracy will add to the perception of power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=ross;1183194][QUOTE=jehoshaphat;1183183]Yeah, I saw an interview of Mosley saying that too. I always figured Floyd hit harder than the public opinion but he just doesn't sit on his punches a lot throughout a fight because of his movement. Against Mosley he sat down a lot more on his punches than usual so Mosley got a good gauge of those punches. I think they do hit close to the same but
    Canelo throws more of his harder
    punches a lot more often
    and
    this gives the impression of being a
    harder puncher. Its a percentage
    game. Floyd can hit you with 4 or 5
    of his 70 percenters and only take 1
    or your 90 percenters. (Most hit and
    not be hit shots probably teeter
    around 70 percent of your power)[/
    QUOTE]

I watched Matthew Hatton in a weight too high walk through Alvarez punches. I also watched a very boring fight vs Mosely.

Alvarez looks to me another Abraham thats strong in the weight hes boiling down to but will be
    nothing at all in the weight above.[/
    QUOTE]

Not hating on Canelo, but above light middle which i think where he should be fighting. His punching power will be average.
    Still rooting for him though, please knock Mayweather out!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You silly pup.

So yet again your going to dance around my questions.

You bring up mayweather and sosa,
    I can bring up matthew hatton.

You have your opinion. I have mine.

I believe as talented as canelo is he did NOT ko mosely because he COULD NOT ko mosely.

He never went for it because he did not want to risk it against a ko artist like mosely even at this stage.

YOUR opinion is that canelo is BIGGER than mosely and his BIGGEST opponent and has more POWER than all of the world champions that mosely has ever faced PLUS the fact that he choose not to ko mosely out of RESPECT.

Theres nothing hard to understand or get rattled about.

You are just upset because you like to be right all the time but start crying when someone stands up to you..
    You know why you're wrong? Cuz of that part right there. And these are the type of comments that make me wonder if you even watch the fights. You keep saying Mosley was a threat. I wanna know what made him such a threat? The one year lay off he was coming off? Maybe it's the way he slurs his words and can no longer pull the trigger like he use to? He wasn't a threat against Pacquiao. Wasn't even competitive. He was scared to throw a punch and wanted to quit. If he wasn't a threat to a naturally smaller fighter like Pacquiao how was he a threat to a naturally bigger fighter like Alvarez? Prove you're right and give me good answer to that question.

Educating doesn't upset me. You should be grateful you get this privilege for free.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

VD, im tired of having to school you through this.

We are all aware of mosely decline in his recent fights but that does not mean that he does not have knockout power or the fact he is still dangerous.

For the last time, canelo regardless of how big he is did not imho hold back from ko mosely because of respect.

Mayweather couldnt.
    Pacman didnt.
    And even at this stage canelo didnt.

Canelo could have tried..but he didnt because he wasnt confident enough and didnt want to run the risk of getting ko himself.

Lets leave it at that because everything has been said already and you have been exposed yet again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets just leave it with your statement earlier.

I dont agree with it but its your opinion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

VD can go on for pages with the same point, check the JML thread.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

No one ever said educating the ignorant was easy. But they will learn. Rather they like it or not. They will fucking learn

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one ever said educating the ignorant was easy. But they will learn. Rather they like it or not. They will fucking learn
    From the whole of saddo boxing I want to personally say thank you VD.

After this lengthy discussion I have learnt from you that bigger opponents always mean bigger power and canelo could have have ko mosely at any time but didnt due to respect.

Thanks again, and I really look forward to learning something from you this saturday in "The One" where we can both break down the fight in a special thread i will make on EVERY round (after canelo wins) why he didnt knock money may out...it was all respect.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From the whole of saddo boxing I want to personally say thank you VD.
    Just be thankful I didn't charge your ass

Thread Information