Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will be champ after the Klits retire?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who will be champ after the Klits retire?

After Wlad and Vitali retire, who will become the new Heavyweight champion? What fights do you think will happen to determine the new champion?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    After Wlad and Vitali retire, who will become the new Heavyweight champion? What fights do you think will happen to determine the new champion?
    Haye

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who will be champ after the Klits retire?

Deontay Wilder

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone not as good. I don't think anyone will be until they retire either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Rice View Post
    Haye
    I think its his best chance of getting the belts, no one wants to see Haye - Klitschko 2 so he's not going to get them by beating Wlad
    Excuse my spelling Hidden Content

jon09 Guest

I believe the correct phrase will be. Who will become champs when the Klits retire? They will be splintered like when Botha, Bruno and Seldon had them. It might be a couple of young bucks and 1 other in their twilight years when they call it quits. Maybe Huck will come back to the heavies and fight for a belt. Wilder and Ruiz Jr might be there also.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    I believe the correct phrase will be. Who will become champs when the Klits retire? They will be splintered like when Botha, Bruno and Seldon had them. It might be a couple of young bucks and 1 other in their twilight years when they call it quits. Maybe Huck will come back to the heavies and fight for a belt. Wilder and Ruiz Jr might be there also.
    Agreed. Mediocre guys will pick up the piece of the titles but nobody will be dominant.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When the Klits do retire, it will be good for boxing! Every promoter with a heavy wants the Klits out of there, they're like a pack of wolves surrounding the Klits waiting, waiting and waiting. I think they will be waiting for awhile longer. Vitali will go first, which will open things up a little.
    Nobody knows when Wlad might step down, probably not until the whole thing starts to bore him, there is no one to challenge him anytime soon, in my opinion.
    I don't think there is a way to predict who might be the next champion, not until Wlad announces his retirement, which could be a few years from now. It's going to be a real interesting time when that happens.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Klits have done good for boxing by tidying it up and getting rid of the crap. Wlad has been consistent enough to be considered a nearly great heavyweight.

They will be missed like Lennox after they retire and be better appreciated when we see sub standard fighters become champions claiming to be the best there ever was.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The titles will be split up for a while. Deontay Wilder would have two of the major four, would most likely be the linear champ. Povetkin would also have a belt. The others would probably be a Euro-scrap between Pulev, Helenius, Boystov and/or Wach in a four way title eliminator.

For certain Wilder and Povetkin will be champs. Certain of it. But it would be interesting to see how it ends up like it.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The Klits have done good for boxing by tidying it up and getting rid of the crap. Wlad has been consistent enough to be considered a nearly great heavyweight.

They will be missed like Lennox after they retire and be better appreciated when we see sub standard fighters become champions claiming to be the best there ever was.
    No matter who comes along after the Klits, they will be considered "substandard", just like the Klits were when they started dominating.
    I like to see the heavyweights fight, I want to see more, a lot more and that's not going to happen with the Klits in control. Four champions means more championship fights.
    There will probably never be another pair like the Klits, who have dominated the heavyweight division for years, but that does not mean their fights are not predictable which means boring.
    I am, like most fight fans, greedy for more fights so the sooner the Klits go the better. I want more heavyweight fights, even if they are "substandard", being unpredictable is a good thing in boxing, in my opinion.
    A rambling post, sorry about that.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali needs to retire so 2 others can fight for his title. Then they can challenge Wlad and then we have an undisputed champion. As it is the Klitschkos have made a mockery of the division by not fighting each other. Until one get beat and fucks off so we can have a single regarded world champ neither is dominant.

Vitali retires, Wlad might become undisputed but then he has to face the top contenders and not pass the dangerous ones off to his brother.

The klitschkos have made the division a joke. Its down to them that division os thought of as a complete joke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think they'll retire sooner than most think. I'd be suprised to see Vitali fight again in all honesty and after Wlad takes care of Povetkin, where else is he gonna go? He'd of taken care of a major challenger in his own backyard and most of his old rivals are doing the rounds again. I think Wlad will fight Pulev then maybe a few prospects like Wilder and Fury then call it a day.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wald wants to fight until the Olympics in Brazil and then fight for a medal. So we have until 2016.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wald wants to fight until the Olympics in Brazil and then fight for a medal. So we have until 2016.
    Have they changed the rules for pro's to fight in the Olympics? I heard ages ago they were considering it

Thread Information