Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rumor has it that Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin is facing Gabriel Rosado

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rumor has it that Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin is facing Gabriel Rosado

Now personally I think Rosado is underrated. He beat J'Leon Love, even before the ped bust in my opinion and was in the fight close with Quillin. However, with that said, GGG destroyed Rosado. The comparison needs to be made. Part of me says that if GGG destroys Stevens, there won't be too much clamoring for a Quillin-Golovkin fight because the perceived talent gap will be considered wide.

Do you think Quillin's advantages at 160 are really his size and strength? Like Kelly Pavlik had in his earlier years?
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 10-28-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rumor has it that Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin is facing Gabriel Rosado

I think Quillin did a better job at adjusting and boxing than hes being giving credit for. I didn't see Rosado out boxing him so much as just on the attack. Likewise Rosado fought Golovkin fresh off 154 and was obviously carrying the weight better and had time to live with it Saturday. Golovkin played forward seek and destroy, Quillin did not, the larger result of cuts and tko save for Quillin dropping him but Golovkin ending it sooner was the same.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think Quillin did a better job at adjusting and boxing than hes being giving credit for. I didn't see Rosado out boxing him so much as just on the attack. Likewise Rosado fought Golovkin fresh off 154 and was obviously carrying the weight better and had time to live with it Saturday. Golovkin played forward seek and destroy, Quillin did not, the larger result of cuts and tko save for Quillin dropping him but Golovkin ending it sooner was the same.
    I agree with the adjustment idea, which is consistent with the idea that Rosado is underrated. Not me necessarily, but many people expected Quillin to blow through Rosado. We didn't see that.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I agree with the adjustment idea, which is consistent with the idea that Rosado is underrated. Not me necessarily, but many people expected Quillin to blow through Rosado. We didn't see that.
    Truth be told, I thought Quillin wouldn't meet that stern of a test. I've seen him hurt and dazzed much worse from guys who don't come close to Golovkin or Quillin. Credit to Rosado, he kept his game plan and came to lay it all out there. Was a good fight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was actually impressed by what I saw in Gabriel Rosado's loss to GGG, he didn't seem to have much power and obviously is a bleeder but he moved very well and was starting to land some very smart punches. I haven't seen the Quillin fight but it sounds like Rosado used an entirely different tactic??
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information