Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FOX SPORTS/BOXNATION -THE ONE -MAYWEATHER v ALVAREZ- SAT NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default FOX SPORTS/BOXNATION -THE ONE -MAYWEATHER v ALVAREZ- SAT NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FOX SPORTS/BOXNATION -THE ONE -MAYWEATHER v ALVAREZ- SAT NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Television lineup for the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Canelo Alvarez card on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena:

• Junior middleweights: Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26 KOs) vs. Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30 KOs), title unification, 12 rounds

• Junior welterweights: Danny Garcia (26-0, 16 KOs) vs. Lucas Matthysse (34-2, 32 KOs), for Garcia's unified titles, 12 rounds

• Junior middleweights: Ishe Smith (25-5, 11 KOs) vs. Carlos Molina (21-5-2, 6 KOs), for Smith's title, 12 rounds

• Welterweights: Ashley Theophane (33-5-1, 10 KOs) vs. Pablo Cesar Cano (26-3-1, 20 KOs), 10 rounds
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FOX SPORTS/BOXNATION -THE ONE -MAYWEATHER v ALVAREZ- SAT NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a Mega night of boxing , getting fuck all press in the UK really and Sky should have snapped this up ages ago however there are ways of watching it without signing up to Boxnation in just as good quality ;-).
    The nearer this gets I just get a gut feeling the Ginger 'One' might pull this off, and by stoppage late very late on ;-).
    My brain tells me Floyd will run rings round him and take him on points and make it pretty boring.

Cracking undercard though... I think Garcia is gonna be foty.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Live stream of the weigh in should be here

Already an hour late though I think ? Any significance or just a technical hitch ?

UPDATE

There are rumours it wont start for about an hour which will be about 11pm UK Time
    Last edited by Beanz; 09-13-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    This is a Mega night of boxing , getting fuck all press in the UK really and Sky should have snapped this up ages ago however there are ways of watching it without signing up to Boxnation in just as good quality ;-).
    The nearer this gets I just get a gut feeling the Ginger 'One' might pull this off, and by stoppage late very late on ;-).
    My brain tells me Floyd will run rings round him and take him on points and make it pretty boring.

You are right it has been largely overlooked by the press and considering the drivel that makes up Press and TV coverage here you would have thought it would have featured higher. It gets me how sports with nowhere near as much fans still take up valuable column inches while boxing is often ignored.

Canelo is a canny operator and knows when to be cautious and when to let his hands go, he has shown he can adapt his game plan (after getting cut) and has a great understanding of the fundamentals of fight mechanics. He can throw every punch in the book well and while everyone is focusing on his left hook his uppercuts are pretty tasty too. If Floyd tries to hold after getting caught whilst underestimating Alvarez speed the cinnamon kid has the instinct, strength and ability to get Floyd out of there, chin or no chin. That said Floyd is a master at circling his pray and protecting his lead through a calculated war of attrition so he still has to be with a vastly superior resume of experience the favourite. I think Brock may have a point though and will probably wager a bob or too on a surprise win for Canelo.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is yesterdays undercard press conference as we await the weigh in

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The likely outcome here in my opinion, is Canelo wins a few early rounds, and then the middle rounds are more even but we see Floyd beginning to pull away, which he does by the championship rounds.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While we are still awaiting the weigh in give yourself a treat and head on over to

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...at-thread.html

to see how us Brits do it. Quality PA, local announcer and a ginger kid too
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    While we are still awaiting the weigh in give yourself a treat and head on over to

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...at-thread.html

to see how us Brits do it. Quality PA, local announcer and a ginger kid too
    how you brits do it huh?
    i doubt anyone will be playing with their nutsack on the scale in vegas...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for all the videos greenbeanz.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

You are right it has been largely overlooked by the press and considering the drivel that makes up Press and TV coverage here you would have thought it would have featured higher. It gets me how sports with nowhere near as much fans still take up valuable column inches while boxing is often ignored.

Canelo is a canny operator and knows when to be cautious and when to let his hands go, he has shown he can adapt his game plan (after getting cut) and has a great understanding of the fundamentals of fight mechanics. He can throw every punch in the book well and while everyone is focusing on his left hook his uppercuts are pretty tasty too. If Floyd tries to hold after getting caught whilst underestimating Alvarez speed the cinnamon kid has the instinct, strength and ability to get Floyd out of there, chin or no chin. That said Floyd is a master at circling his pray and protecting his lead through a calculated war of attrition so he still has to be with a vastly superior resume of experience the favourite. I think Brock may have a point though and will probably wager a bob or too on a surprise win for Canelo.

Just seen Hatton (looking awful) on ITV news so its just gone National . Ironically the only way to beat Floyd imo is to go the Hatton route but land and connect hard early and jump all over him. With his youth I think we gonna see this , Floyd can be hurt early these days no question , Mosley did it ;-) I think Mayweather is in for his toughest test here :-)

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weigh in NOW live
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez - 152 POUNDS

Mayweather -150 1/2 POUNDS
    Hidden Content

Thread Information