Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

Sir, stop and think for a minute, she had the Canelo vs Floyd fight a draw. That's not a "bad day" or a "bad night" at work. The lady does not know how to judge a fight, she should not be judging fights big or small.
    She does know how to judge a fight, she has a career to back that up.

She was listening to the crowd instead of watching the fight, it's that or she is corrupt. I do not believe in justifying a judge's poor performance, they should be held to the highest standard possible.
    She had a "bad day" is a terrible, terrible, terrible excuse!

Judges should rightly be pointed out when they make very bad decisions. I also agree it is important in such big fights the best available judges should be used. Looking back I did not see either camp complaining about her, in a fight that I think most figured would go the distance. As I do not think and have no evidence to suggest she is corrupt, I conclude to be constructive I need to look at the mind set of how a very competent judge got it wrong. I assume its comes down to the abstract aspects of judging, the stuff that is judging but cannot be written down. Ross got that very wrong, and it needs to be rectified, and I hope it is.
    Last edited by Britkid; 09-15-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

The fact she scored it a draw shows she does not know what a scoring punch is. Alvarez didnt land anything let alone enough to win 6 rounds.
    I had Mayweather winning comfortable, but are you really saying Alvarez did not land a punch?

George Foreman

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For christs sake Britkid, we aren't talking about a brain surgeon here. Why do you doubt that she is corrupt; is it really more outlandish to suggest that than it is to argue the merit of scoring that fight even? There is absolutely no excuse for that scorecard and to justify it by citing her experience is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CJ Ross digs deep....

Boxing News | C.J. Ross: I stand behind my decision

someone check her and her family's bank accounts!!!

i'm pretty sure if you cross reference the cost of Oscar's rehab with amount CJ Ross' bank balance just jumped they'll be awfully similar.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    For christs sake Britkid, we aren't talking about a brain surgeon here. Why do you doubt that she is corrupt; is it really more outlandish to suggest that than it is to argue the merit of scoring that fight even? There is absolutely no excuse for that scorecard and to justify it by citing her experience is ridiculous.
    I doubt anyone here has not done something absolutely ridiculous in their job/life. And it was not because they are corrupt, it is just they are human...

If judging boxing was as simple as getting a computer to count punches, we would have had that by now. Amateur boxing tried it to a degree, and I think most agree it added not took away from the problem. Part of the beauty of boxing is that it is far from perfect. So the woman had a poor day at the office. Well no one died, and still the right person won.

I know I am guilty as most, by why all the negativity? We have just watched the finest fighter of the 21st Century put on a master class. At his age and with his style, it maybe the last time we see such brilliance from him, so lets make the most of that, rather than letting a poor bit of judgement overshadow things.

George Foreman

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    I doubt anyone here has not done something absolutely ridiculous in their job/life. And it was not because they are corrupt, it is just they are human...

If judging boxing was as simple as getting a computer to count punches, we would have had that by now. Amateur boxing tried it to a degree, and I think most agree it added not took away from the problem. Part of the beauty of boxing is that it is far from perfect. So the woman had a poor day at the office. Well no one died, and still the right person won.

I know I am guilty as most, by why all the negativity? We have just watched the finest fighter of the 21st Century put on a master class. At his age and with his style, it maybe the last time we see such brilliance from him, so lets make the most of that, rather than letting a poor bit of judgement overshadow things.
    People like you is whats wrong with boxing. You accept this bullshit and corruption like so many others which allows it to continue.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You would have to go back to ancient Greece and find a card scored by a series of grunts to equal this horse shit Ross card.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This broad should be banned if this sport and it's athletic commisions had any integrity, but I'm sure we'll see here blowing fighting and fucking over fighters for many years to come.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

People like you is whats wrong with boxing. You accept this bullshit and corruption like so many others which allows it to continue.
    I am all ears my friend, give me a realistic plan that is going to sort out a sport that has been corrupt for thousands years in its different forms...

I do not accept corruption, I recognize it and realize there is little that can be done. It is the only way you can be a long term 'hardcore' boxing fan, otherwise you just go round in circles in almost comical mock horror at every wrong.

I suspect the older members of this forum remember me getting on my high horse about Riddick Bowe's comeback almost a decade ago. I was never having anything to do with the sport again if he came back! Well he did, and I am still here. Bowe's comeback faded to nothing, and I realized what a dick I was being. And thinking about it in this era I do not believe there is anything in the sport that would get me that 'excited' again. It is far from perfect, but I can live with that. This morning Mayweather put on a masterclass and won the fight, that is all there is to know. No one cares that Hearns domination of Benitez went down as a majority decision, in a few weeks no one will care Lil Floyd's victory was too a majority win...

George Foreman

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nearly all of us here are whats right with the sport and have done our time so to speak. No need to knee cap anyone becuase we differ. There does have to be a zero tolerance level for skewed or shady judging. All the debate here has not been that a strong case can be shown as to support the judge but that she made a mistake. If I make a mistake at the highest level in my job performance, I like many others are called to the mat suspended, demoted and or fired.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly! If you are a professional anything at a high level then expectations should be high and mistakes scrutinized, the fact that boxing is subjective should not be an end all to this, it's within reason. The right guy won in spite of this awful judge, it's not exactly a footnote and were there two of her we would have had a dominant performance in the highest profile fight in years become a farce. Anyone who doesn't think this stuff hurts the sport is high if you ask me.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Justify a draw? Show me the rounds? Show me a round that Alvarez clearly won?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terrible score and it stunned me last night. I would chalk it up to extreme stupidity on her part. I have a hard time believing she would risk corruption in such spotlight. That could be naive of me but it was so blatantly bad it just seems she would basically be announcing her corruption with a loudspeaker.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post

Because I'm a negative cunt, but thats besides the point. Just as is the fact that Mayweather got the win, when we are talking about this specific judge who didn't give it to him. If people are extremely successful and achieve notoriety in their field, then absolute screw ups shouldn't be tolerated. That's like saying every ships Captain should be given a pass for running aground or hitting a fucking iceberg now and then, only human right. A bad day at the office could be giving Canelo 3 or 4 rounds instead of 1 or 2, but not 6. This lady is either corrupt or woefully inept, I don't see how you can spin it otherwise.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck me of course she's corrupt 100%.

She definitely shouldn't be involved in big fights ever again and definitely should be investigated then forensics should swab her for Oscar jizz .

Thing is boxing is organised crime/corrupt firstly and Sport second.... always has been and always will be.

Yes she should be held accountable but The right man got the result here and I've seen far worse scoring many times in high profile fights.... Lennox mugged against Holyfield was probably the worst I've seen.

Judges are toying with fighters lives when they are paid off/leant on ... look at what happened to Michael Watson in the 2nd Eubank fight after he won the 1st by a mile ;-).

Thread Information