Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "How to beat Floyd Mayweather" thread...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink The "How to beat Floyd Mayweather" thread...

Well, it seems as if we have to lend a voice on how to beat Floyd Mayweather as no one out there can.

What I feel Floyd is succeptible to is straight left hand and short left hooks... if you hit him with it, as Castilllo and Cotto did, you can open up some offense for you and make a fight for yourself.

If you watch the Cotto and Castillo fights, you can clearly see the shot Floyd gets hit with and the shot that causes him to switch up.

Even with the Mosely fight, if you watched the 1st round closely and then how Mosely had Floyd already timid of his left hook, that's how Floyd got hit with those two right hands. Mosely was setting him up for the left and delivered the right- if Mosely had crunched in with his trademark left hook, he would have ended the night for Floyd.

Mayweather seems to be afraid of a straight right hand and a short left hook. Whoever fights him has to hit him with powerful short lefts... hooks, and if a Southpaw, with crisp and hard left hands straight down the middle.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The "How to beat Floyd Mayweather" thread...

Just get CJ Ross and her sisters to judge and that 0 is no more

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Just get CJ Ross and her sisters to judge and that 0 is no more
    hahahahhahhaahhaa.....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tuck a Glock in your trunks and at the bell shoot at the motherfucker until the trigger goes click.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly think the only way to beat him is with speed. If you look at his opponents there's no speedsters. Judah was one of his tougher fights and he has avoided fast guys since. I honestly believe a guy like Khan has the best chance of beating him, but a khan with a better chin. Mallignaggi would also be an interesting opponent.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I honestly think the only way to beat him is with speed. If you look at his opponents there's no speedsters. Judah was one of his tougher fights and he has avoided fast guys since. I honestly believe a guy like Khan has the best chance of beating him, but a khan with a better chin. Mallignaggi would also be an interesting opponent.
    I've always thought that with Khan its more the when he gets plugged then having a below par chin. The only other guy in the weight area that I have seen step straight back like he does is his countrymen Kell Brook. Not only does Khan pull straight back but he does it like a post standing completely upright, lead hand down with his chin in the air testing the wind speed. Both Zab and Corley did pretty good but their reasons for doing ok when they did was 3 fold. They were fast, had a good jab and both executed from the other side. The Mayweathers and especially senior do not like southpaws. Oscar had a nice jab but I'm not sure I buy the "but he gassed out" excuse. I think Floyds right hand eliminated its effective use. If Khan could keep the fight at range and not be enticed into a fight which oddly enough may be what Floyd attempts to get him to do he could do ok with Floyd with his speed and even box with him in spells. Its weird because although I dont see Khan making it to the final bell I also think he looks better in this fight then he ever has before.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have loved to have seen Floyd v The Motor City Cobra , would have been nice to see how Floyd deals with a bigger more powerful master boxer.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The De La Hoya jab for 12 straight rounds.
    Last edited by DavilaJones; 09-18-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Typo

El Kabong Guest

With Canelo done in by Floyd, I really don't see anyone else really testing Floyd.

I doubt Pacquiao ever fights Floyd and hell he's not certain to beat Rios, I think Manny's magic is gone.
    Tim Bradley just doesn't have what a fighter needs to beat Floyd
    I don't think Broner is anything but a guy who wants to copy Floyd and he's certainly not as good as the original.

The ONLY guys who could plausibly beat Floyd are at 160...maybe Martinez, maybe GGG but they'd have to make 154 or lower just to land the fight which GGG says he can do...at his advanced age I'm not sure Martinez can do it.

Like VD said, at this point you'll need 3 crooked judges to beat Floyd.

Yes I put Floyd in the same group as Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Armstrong, Robinson, Pep.....he's pretty unbelievable in his skills as a fighter. He doesn't have the big power a guy like RJJ had but the subtleties of his skill, the attention to detail, he's an impeccable boxer.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will take a smart guy to beat him. Mayweather hasn't fought to many guys that are ring smart- the obvious exception being Marquez and the size differential there was huge. He fights a lot of guys that are good at throwing punches, but not so good at figuring out how to hit a guy that doesn't want to get hit, and knows how to avoid it. Another thing, smart fighters don't get hit with a lot of right hands (because you can see them coming forever) but dummies eat them like popcorn; James Toney had a real good run exploiting this same tactic, even as a weeble of a blown up MW.
    "Knowing how to fight" is not a prerequisite of becoming a professional fighter; in fact, it is very very rare in this era of boxing. Mayweather controls the distance every time he fights and a guy that knows how to fight would contest that with him. It may not lead to an exciting fight, but that it the beginning of the way to beat him.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    It will take a smart guy to beat him. Mayweather hasn't fought to many guys that are ring smart- the obvious exception being Marquez and the size differential there was huge. He fights a lot of guys that are good at throwing punches, but not so good at figuring out how to hit a guy that doesn't want to get hit, and knows how to avoid it. Another thing, smart fighters don't get hit with a lot of right hands (because you can see them coming forever) but dummies eat them like popcorn; James Toney had a real good run exploiting this same tactic, even as a weeble of a blown up MW.
    "Knowing how to fight" is not a prerequisite of becoming a professional fighter; in fact, it is very very rare in this era of boxing. Mayweather controls the distance every time he fights and a guy that knows how to fight would contest that with him. It may not lead to an exciting fight, but that it the beginning of the way to beat him.
    Floyd is brilliant in the ring but not only that he's brilliant at implementing his game plan. He can adjust and change his game during a fight like nobody else. Either someone will have to get lucky or just simply outmuscle him and over power him and again I don't see him losing to anyone. Even if there was a prime pressure fighter it would be very difficult for such a fighter to beat Floyd. Floyd is too crafty to be outboxed and too quick and too in shape to wilt under the pressure from another fighter. Floyd could fight 30 rounds if he had too, amazing talent.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Floyd is brilliant in the ring but not only that he's brilliant at implementing his game plan. He can adjust and change his game during a fight like nobody else. Either someone will have to get lucky or just simply outmuscle him and over power him and again I don't see him losing to anyone. Even if there was a prime pressure fighter it would be very difficult for such a fighter to beat Floyd. Floyd is too crafty to be outboxed and too quick and too in shape to wilt under the pressure from another fighter. Floyd could fight 30 rounds if he had too, amazing talent.
    I agree with that. But I don't know that he is too crafty to be outboxed, as I have never seen him fight another crafty fighter that tried to out box him. I don't know of anybody currently fighting that fits that bill, either, not near his weight class.
    The biggest part of Mayweather- or, really, any smart fighter- being able to implement his game plan is his ability to control distance. To keep it at range when he chooses, or to make the other guy come to him to get pot-shotted with right hands, or to make the other guy stand there and wait on Mayweather to steal the right hand. The guy that can beat Mayweather is the guy that can force him to close distance when he doesn't want to, or make him fight when he doesn't want to.
    It can be done, no fighter is unbeatable, but I don't think that there is anybody around to do it because it requires a skill set that is very rarely taught any more.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marco Antonia Barrera "type Rambo attack" like against Eric Morales where you punch for every second of every round to knock him off his stride.

Hearns with height, reach, jab and brutal power.

Sugar Ray Leonard/Robinson with speed, accuracy and power.

Pernell Whitaker with speed and unorthodox guile.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A good jab is where you start. It keeps him occupied rather than thinking 3 steps ahead.
    (While it's exaggerated how "close" Oscar was to beating him it was clear the jab troubled him. You'll also notice when the Mayweathers describe why someone can't beat Floyd they almost always say he has no jab. They know what can trouble Floyd)

Feignt. He'll transfer his weight to an easier position to exploit.
    (See RJJ vs James Toney)

Change rhythms. Floyds game is built off knowing what you will do and when. Don't comply.
    (See Augustus vs Floyd. Augustus wasn't good enough but he was tricky and awkward)

Change patterns. Floyd will give away portions of the fight to make sure he knows what you are doing.

Now that you've kept Floyd busy with your jab, kept him off balance with feignts, kept him guessing by changing rhythms and patterns. GET BUSY! Being the best is Floyds entire identity he's going to fight for it. Now you MUST fight at a pace you couldn't possibly have maintained all fight but you've bought time. Now you have to suck it up and go earn it.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Marco Antonia Barrera "type Rambo attack" like against Eric Morales where you punch for every second of every round to knock him off his stride.

Hearns with height, reach, jab and brutal power.

Sugar Ray Leonard/Robinson with speed, accuracy and power.

Pernell Whitaker with speed and unorthodox guile.
    Well yeah but those guys are all-time greats...nobody is going to beat Floyd unless Floyd has a gigantic brain fart or fights injured or gets cheated.

Thread Information