Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kirkland signs with 50 cents.. He would beat the crap out of Cotto at 154

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kirkland signs with 50 cents.. He would beat the crap out of Cotto at 154

Yep, he signed with SMS.. HOw many of you feel that he'd beat the dogshit outa cotto?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kirkland signs with 50 cents.. He would beat the crap out of Cotto at 154

Just must my opinion, but Kirkland would make even a worn Cotto Look like a surgeon. Wolfe is gone and kirklands taken to beating up family members at BBQs. His heads not straight. Even when it was, he didnt look good against guys that didn't lead with their face, like Angulo.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kirkland signs with 50 cents.. He would beat the crap out of Cotto at 154

Kirkland would body bag Cotto.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you fucking serious?

Kirkland has a glass jaw.

Ishida EXPOSED him.

Cotto will leave him horizontal.

Plus he hasn't fought in 18 months.
    Last edited by Vendettos; 09-21-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Are you fucking serious?

Ishida EXPOSED him.

The big question is , should he have signed with 50 cent? 50 cent will throw him under the train if he doesn't produce, in my opinion.
    I think Kirkland is an exciting fighter so I'm hoping he gets back to his winning ways, the thing is he needs someone (like Wolfe) holding his hand ever minute otherwise he's like a bumper car going from one crash to the next.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Given his layoff and criminal history, I wasn't sure this thread had anything to do with a rapper at first.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Are you fucking serious?

Ishida EXPOSED him.

The big question is , should he have signed with 50 cent? 50 cent will throw him under the train if he doesn't produce, in my opinion.
    I think Kirkland is an exciting fighter so I'm hoping he gets back to his winning ways, the thing is he needs someone (like Wolfe) holding his hand ever minute otherwise he's like a bumper car going from one crash to the next.
    He's the perfect fighter for 50 cent. A promoter who can't get his fighters fights is a perfect match for guys like Kirkland and Dirrell who don't want to fight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only way 50 cent is going to improve his career is if he plans on being a rapper instead of a boxer. Other than that, it will make no difference to anything at all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fitty reminds me of that small unknown car dealership still airing loud badly edited and blurry VHS commercials with rusty clunkers, forgotten trade ins and a Ford Pinto (Billy Dib) sitting in the back ground. Cotto even faded and pieced back together is too deep for a spastic trainwreck in Kirkland.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's basically been blocked out by Golden Boy and Top Rank and last I heard was doing small New York shows with Lou Di Bella. Gamboa is apparently off to fight in Mexico, nobody knows if Dirrell is going to fight again and I don't think Dib has anything planned either. Maybe this contract is one where Kirkland is guaranteed he doesn't have to take fights and 50 cent has a guarantee that he doesn't have to find him opponents. That would work perfectly for both of them.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you fucking serious?

Ishida EXPOSED him.

Kirkland does not have a glass chin, dude. A fighter getting TKO'd isn't always an indication of his durablity. With Ishida, he just got caught off guard and it was an element of surprise more than anything else. He wasn't hurt and kept getting up except the referee pulled the plug..

Ishida didn't expose anything.. It was a lightning in a bottle type of situation.

Kirkland went to war with Angulo and ate countless punches. That's not what you call a glass chin.

Cotto simply isn't big enough to deal with Kirkland's onlaught for 12 rounds. This fight would sort of resemble the first Margarito fight except it would be more brutal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Are you fucking serious?

Ishida EXPOSED him.

Kirkland does not have a glass chin, dude. A fighter getting TKO'd isn't always an indication of his durablity. With Ishida, he just got caught off guard and it was an element of surprise more than anything else. He wasn't hurt and kept getting up except the referee pulled the plug..

Ishida didn't expose anything.. It was a lightning in a bottle type of situation.

Kirkland went to war with Angulo and ate countless punches. That's not what you call a glass chin.

Cotto simply isn't big enough to deal with Kirkland's onlaught for 12 rounds. This fight would sort of resemble the first Margarito fight except it would be more brutal.
    I don't know bro. I think you're overrating Kirkland or underestimating Cotto. Kirkland's chin isn't glass but it is closer to that than iron like Margarito's. Margarito took a lot of punishment to finally wear down and stop Cotto late and there is no way Kirkland's chin holds up to even half of that. Between Ishida and Angulo, Kirkland was dropped 4 times and then clearly outboxed by Molina. Cotto is stronger, more experienced, and much more skilled than all three of those guys. Kirkland would be up against it with a guy who knows how to box and has power. But this is all a moot thread because 50's fighters never fight anyway. He is wasting these guys' primes.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Add on Kirkland's inactivity and Cotto gives him a boxing lesson.

Thread Information