Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chavez Jr brands Vera" A dangerous fight"

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chavez Jr brands Vera" A dangerous fight"

Commenting on his work habits, Chavez Jr. stated, “We’ve trained hard and strong for this fight. I’m not training late at night like last time. I know I was criticized. I have maintained good discipline.
    Considering Chavez can't even get himself down to 168 for this fight I'm calling bullshit on that.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's add this up:

+ Brian Vera is a bonafide middleweight, and has agreed to fight JCC Jr. at 173.
    Translation: He must be really desperate and owes someone a lot of money.

+ JCC Jr. is a lightheavy, who has masqueraded as a middleweight, but comes into the ring 20-30 pounds over his weigh-in weight. So 173 is closer to his wheelhouse, and further from Vera's.

+ Brian Vera has two split decision wins over future Hall of Famer Sergio Mora.

....... and Junior is hyping this as a "dangerous fight"?!?!?

I want some of whatever he's smoking.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HBO ran a greatest hits vid on El Gordo jr. It was hysterical, and quite short. I really don't know why this undisciplined spoon fed toad gets such a pass. The whole lead up to this one is the straw that broke the camels back for me. Fuck you fatty, and Arum too.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

173 catchweight? You have to give him some credit, he'll be close to taking Guzman's title as the greatest pisstaker in boxing, soon
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    HBO ran a greatest hits vid on El Gordo jr. It was hysterical, and quite short. I really don't know why this undisciplined spoon fed toad gets such a pass. The whole lead up to this one is the straw that broke the camels back for me. Fuck you fatty, and Arum too.
    you answered your own question, Silverspoon Jr gets the recognition he does because of the man who started the spoon feeding, his own father, if his last name was Gonzalez nobody would give a fuck about this kid and he'd have be working part time at a McDonalds somewhere just to pay the bills, but since people are hoping that some day he'll magically become the second coming of his father well they're dumb enough to pay to see him, the Martinez fight sums up his entire career, even with a big age advantage, size and huge weight advantage, he couldn't do shit (sound familiar?!) hell he was able to hurt a tired, one legged one handed 38 year old fighter who he outweighed by about 20 lbs and still couldn't get the job done, that should sum it up right there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez will never be his father. I think that was established a long time ago. But he makes exciting fights and I think he's fun to watch. The 12th round of the Martinez fight was one of the most exciting rounds I ever seen.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    Chavez will never be his father. I think that was established a long time ago. But he makes exciting fights and I think he's fun to watch. The 12th round of the Martinez fight was one of the most exciting rounds I ever seen.
    yet he's spoken of as if he was, if Marvis Frazier was given as much special treatment as Chavez Jr he would have had as big of a buzz as well, but well Marvis decided to take on real opposition in Holmes and Tyson and decide not to be coddled fighting smaller guys

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

173, ffs that's actually for real? The fight was signed at middleweight originally, correct? Sucks for Vera but he's an ageing journeyman who can't have much choice in the matter. I would laugh my ass off if he won, but of course he won't as one thing Chavez does have is a chin.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On Monday Chavez Senior says the new weight for the fight is 173. Vera's promoter/manager heard about it from reporters who called them after speaking to Senior. Then Arum says there's going to be a weigh in on Wednesday to decide what weight the fight is going to be at. Vera's promoter/manager tell him to fuck off and they'll see him at the weigh-in on Friday. JCC Junior will weigh in on Friday well over and pay whatever sum to Vera so that the fight happens.

We should have a sweepstake on how much the fat fucker will weigh.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is priceless.. An impromptu weigh in to see what this clown might be able to make Never heard of anything like that. Can you imagine Jr actually having to fight a decent opponent who'd be comfortable at 173?

** Didn't fully read that, good on Veras people telling them to fuck off and I hope Chavez has to hand over a good chunk of his purse to the guy. Any idea what kind of penalty Jr will face, per pound over etc? There should really be a set % per pound for all fighters who pull that kind of crap.
    Last edited by p4pking; 09-25-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    That is priceless.. An impromptu weigh in to see what this clown might be able to make Never heard of anything like that. Can you imagine Jr actually having to fight a decent opponent who'd be comfortable at 173?

** Didn't fully read that, good on Veras people telling them to fuck off and I hope Chavez has to hand over a good chunk of his purse to the guy. Any idea what kind of penalty Jr will face, per pound over etc? There should really be a set % per pound for all fighters who pull that kind of crap.
    Would love to see his young immature ass get whooped and handed to him by B-Hop, would be a humbling experience that's for damn sure

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Then Arum says there's going to be a weigh in on Wednesday to decide what weight the fight is going to be at.

LMAO!!
    Could be a new wrinkle in the sport of boxing.
    Have "The Coddled One" weigh in at whatever weight he wants, and that will be the weight of the fight.
    Of course, this deserves it's own name. It could simply be called a "Chavez Weigh-In".

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    JCC Junior will weigh in on Friday well over and pay whatever sum to Vera so that the fight happens.

Of course! His purse will surely outweigh (pun fully intended) whatever "slap-on-the-wrist" fine or compensation he would have to pay so they would let his fat ass fight. So why not?

One more piece of evidence to show that Chavez Jr., backed by his daddy, Sulaiman, and the WBC, can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Its pretty damn ludicrous, Arum is literally flipping this as "a historical event" and calls its a REVEAL ffs?! Like we should all be standing in a circus tent waiting for the flap to be pulled back so we can see the bearded woman with 3 eyeballs or some shit. HBO is being played for suckers as are the fans. He's basically saying...we'll weigh in when we want and what we want and throw money at a middleweight. Please come and watch our sanctioned mismatch...and bring cake for lil Jr. Its a farce!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    That was an exciting round and had 100% of my attention. With some real discipline, Chavez Jr could be twice the fighter he is, in my opinion.

Thread Information