Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So the Danes made first trip through the Northwest Passage. Any guess on the cargo?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So the Danes made first trip through the Northwest Passage. Any guess on the carg

The 95% line is misleading though GB. Yes the earth is getting warmer, yes humans affect the climate but a 98% failure in anthropogenic models shows that outside of those generlizations they don't understand much and we shouldn't allow people to politicize these issues and fundamentally change energy policy.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you think continuing to burn fossil fuels is not problematic ?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So the Danes made first trip through the Northwest Passage. Any guess on the carg

We are going to success ourselves right out of business. Or to be more blunt watch ourselves go into extinction.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    So you think 250 years of fossil fuel use is fundamentally changing what has always been a fluid climate over the last 10 billion years? If it were that simple then AGW proponents models would be able to provide more accurate predictive analysis. I think we should strive to reduce pollution and conserve energy. I think we should dedicate money to continue both renewable energy and climate studies but I don't think we should wreck economies on a theory whose premise is shaky.

El Kabong Guest

Just take a moment to weigh out the pros and cons of USING the internal combustion engine and NOT UNSING it, there's no feasible/viable alternative that has been suggested by the brainiacs crying about Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    We are going to success ourselves right out of business. Or to be more blunt watch ourselves go into extinction.
    More people will die in a more horrible fashion if we go the "Green" route than if we go the industrial route. How does medicine get to 3rd world countries? Do they make it there? Do the Greenies carry it over on foot? No PLANES, TRAINS, & AUTOMOBILES are used to deliver goods...but hey the more people that die the less pollution right, I mean we exhale that evil CO2 that's "destroying our climate" so we should just starve people out like Mao or Stalin did and then the Earth will be happy, or better yet how about mass sacrifices to Magna Mater (Mother Earth).....perhaps we can throw some virgins into volcanoes to appease our Earth Mother?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is just fucking dumb, aid workers are not the problem, fat lazy cunts and the actual concept of a 'drive in' anything are the problem. If you really believe there is no alternative to a petrol or gas driven combustion engine then you are deluded by your own myopic desire to defend your position in the face of all reason. You are beyond rationality.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Just take a moment to weigh out the pros and cons of USING the internal combustion engine and NOT UNSING it, there's no feasible/viable alternative that has been suggested by the brainiacs crying about Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    More people will die in a more horrible fashion if we go the "Green" route than if we go the industrial route. How does medicine get to 3rd world countries? Do they make it there? Do the Greenies carry it over on foot? No PLANES, TRAINS, & AUTOMOBILES are used to deliver goods...but hey the more people that die the less pollution right, I mean we exhale that evil CO2 that's "destroying our climate" so we should just starve people out like Mao or Stalin did and then the Earth will be happy, or better yet how about mass sacrifices to Magna Mater (Mother Earth).....perhaps we can throw some virgins into volcanoes to appease our Earth Mother?
    I have no idea why you choose to run the topic off into ane imaginary dead end away from any validity?

Of course there are alternatives that are workable in the modern world, to bring up horse and cart mentality or go back on foot and try to corner greens that way is cheap sots nearly political like.

#1 Hydrogen engines. (the original one from the 60's from out here in Australia got bought out by BP and shelved). Its was so much of a threat one brother who wouldnt be bought out just went missing the other got a service station.

You can get them these days: But only on a grass roots level they wont be manufacturing cars on mass though and its for none of your reasons stated, its because of petroleum and the world financial games governments and the money markets all have invested there.

You can get change overs though like here.. Hydrogen hybrid Conversion installed in the SF Bay Area for $1600 for most cars and small trucks. These are HOD (hydrogen on demand) nothing is stored. Gas or Diesel on hybrid or not. Plus you get a tax credit for installing hybrid hydrogen upgrades. 35%-60% gains. Talk to @HYBRIDwatercar on twitter or tinyurl.com/waterpowered.

People are lazy though and dont care so long as they are getting along and ends are being met people go with the crowd,me too guilty as charged.

I think the answer always was and forever will be found in Solar Electromagnetic energy and water.

Solar, hydrogen to helium is the answer that is right in front of us and free, but money and petroleum rules mankind for now as does electric light force energy all for sale and all used for control and all are fought over as well.

Its not hard to work out the real why.

It has nothing to do with going back on horse back or sailing from country to country those insinuations are demeaning to the conversation and turn it into an argument instead.

Of course some Chemicals and medicines are for the greater good, as are many modern things but there are limits to how far we can stretch our game before it bites us back.

We lose 30 thousand people per year in Australia just through the wrong drug being prescribed and that is just one area where we have pushed our game to far to fast at our own expense. Same with antibiotics they saved millions now they are over prescribed and are are the cause to why super bugs are now killing us.

The long term answers are never out on the extremes,or found in politics and to argue those sides for the sake of being onside is stupid the answer is balance.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is just fucking dumb, aid workers are not the problem, fat lazy cunts and the actual concept of a 'drive in' anything are the problem. If you really believe there is no alternative to a petrol or gas driven combustion engine then you are deluded by your own myopic desire to defend your position in the face of all reason. You are beyond rationality.
    Is this directed at me?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Empiricide is not a real word. But I'm sure you catch my drift.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Is this directed at me?
    No, it is directed at Lyles post that has now been thoroughly dismantled by Andre. :-)

El Kabong Guest

OK Hydrogen engines.... they would be safe Also water vapor is a "greenhouse gas" and I don't believe extra humidity would be welcomed in the Southeastern United States

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh my God!!!! Extra humidity and water vapour! We are all doomed. At least we won't get asthma.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Noxious gases.

Im not certain which ones can be managed best to be honest. But water driven vehicles I would think would be somewhat easier than LPG, petrol or diesel.

Anyway there are plenty of alternatives we could invest into aside from going back to walking or rowing medicine to 3rd world countries was my point.

Electro magnetic machinery is another that may come into its own, solar power combinations of both that and magnetic was once used.

We could even end up with a new band called DC/AC, instead of AC/DC

Probably was the better way to go for energy storage.

Turning air to helium is an ancient one that may arise again for our betterment, if we dont fuck everything up first and end up in a dust bowl.

Another trouble is investment, if all super funds and the like are invested into alternates instead of fossil fuels they will no longer support the all the other sub businesses that mining and the likes create and the economical structures that exist will suffer thats the main reason so many politicians on your side of the argument stand up for the way we are heading and they'll pay scientists to find in their favour just as the other side pays scientists to find in theirs.

On another note yesterday Nasa stated they were about to release info that would change world perspective. I woke up looked at their site this morning and its been taken down due to lack of governments funds. WTF? I dont believe that, it isnt a new rocket program its just a fucking web site its not even April the first wtf?

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh my God!!!! Extra humidity and water vapour! We are all doomed. At least we won't get asthma.
    We do love our water sports. < Always wondered when we could use that smiley.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Humankind’s legacy will turn out to be a blimp on the map in the history of life although the earth could collapse by us taking its guts to fuel our cars. Any creature as successful as we are is long extinct. That plug in on the wall does not change that fact. The only difference here is our extinction wipes out almost every resource on the planet leaving it a wasteland. No species has exploited this place like we have. Shark fin soup ffs. Shame we die when the earth is dead.

Thread Information