Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Danes made first trip through the Northwest Passage. Any guess on the cargo?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: So the Danes made first trip through the Northwest Passage. Any guess on the carg

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I still have no idea who you are, and I don't know anything about wagons. Your posting proves that you exist, yet I shall deny 100% of any evidence handed to me. I can treat issues the Lyle way. It's the opposite of believing in God where, 0.00000000001% percent possibility of existence is neccessary.
    That settles that then....read that everyone? I guess we don't need to worry about our threads being taken over by a drunken antisemite and his inane ass kissing allegiance to Noam Chomsky, anymore.....iI think that should brighten up the place quite a bit.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So the Danes made first trip through the Northwest Passage. Any guess on the carg

I dispute the character assassination with the assertion that I am actually a fairy unicorn thing and that is all there is to say on that.

El Kabong Guest

I dispute the character assassination with the assertion that I am actually a fairy unicorn thing and that is all there is to say on that.
    ....and you are?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Typical polls suggest between 40-50% of the populace. I would suggest perhaps that you are the one who lives in ignorance of your own country as there are plenty of articles mostly suggesting that your country is home to tens of millions of science denying, fundamentalist, oddballs. Now at the same time, half the nation appears to be more rational on the issue. Vast swathes was obviously flippant, but appears to be somewhat true.
    If you had ever been to the US or even interacted with more than a handful of American's you'd realize how ignorant you are about this country. Your pompous arrogance about a place you have never been to is truly astonishing. Your attempts to pigeon hole the US population is akin to me making a generalization about the 400+ million in Western Europe except that I have actually traveled in most of those countries. Asking someone if they are a creationist, take a literal interpretation of the Bible and asking someone if the world is between 6-10k years old is not the same thing. I know some pretty devout Christians and I can't name one that is a Young Earth Creationist.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Typical polls suggest between 40-50% of the populace. I would suggest perhaps that you are the one who lives in ignorance of your own country as there are plenty of articles mostly suggesting that your country is home to tens of millions of science denying, fundamentalist, oddballs. Now at the same time, half the nation appears to be more rational on the issue. Vast swathes was obviously flippant, but appears to be somewhat true.
    If you had ever been to the US or even interacted with more than a handful of American's you'd realize how ignorant you are about this country. Your pompous arrogance about a place you have never been to is truly astonishing. Your attempts to pigeon hole the US population is akin to me making a generalization about the 400+ million in Western Europe except that I have actually traveled in most of those countries. Asking someone if they are a creationist, take a literal interpretation of the Bible and asking someone if the world is between 6-10k years old is not the same thing. I know some pretty devout Christians and I can't name one that is a Young Earth Creationist.

Miles is the typical lefty..."I'm not getting my way in this argument....ummmm then it must be because you/your views EMOTIONAL STATEMENT"....You libs argue like women.....when will you start trying to play the victim and then finally crying because we call you a cunt?

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Miles is the typical lefty..."I'm not getting my way in this argument....ummmm then it must be because you/your views EMOTIONAL STATEMENT"....You libs argue like women.....when will you start trying to play the victim and then finally crying because we call you a cunt?
    As soon as you said "Typical Lefty" you became a caricature. And you said that long before this post.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Ozone depletion would be a more truthful name to umbrella most of our troubles under.

Ozone Hole Shrinks to Record Low | LiveScience

And miles either you were on the wagon (read your last post in the alcohol thread) or you're a lying bastard....either way you should be ashamed of yourself
    Lyle it isnt Earth in a cycle, we did something about cfc emissions, specially banning the use in all aerosol cans, We are shrinking what we once enlarged through action.

The effects of the original growth of the two holes are still here though,reef deaths through sun bleaching,now reefs are taken over by star fish depleting them further,water temp changes that cause elnino and other current reversals have effects on weather crops etc. Cancers are still here from no ozone protection and the melting/shrinking of the ice caps is the last worry still occurring, but that may reverse.

The European Space Agency claims that the Antarctic ozone layer hole has shrunk to a historic low due to CFC reductions.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ozone Hole Science Revisited - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Current science puts the whole CFC/Ozone depletion theory on its ear. We simply don't understand these things nearly as well as we think we do.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can any rational human being beyond the thought process of an amoeba deny the footprint which is ongoing of this species? Its truly unbelievable. Actually its not. Fucking now generation. I quoted Albert once and will do it again.
    Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    We celebrate the opening of the North west passage thanks to global warming and then rush in to drill. I hate the fact that we will take everything out with us.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it is just change, in the way the world was meant to change, and our greed and general 'fuckedupedness' is the instrument of that change?

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ozone Hole Science Revisited - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Current science puts the whole CFC/Ozone depletion theory on its ear. We simply don't understand these things nearly as well as we think we do.
    Interesting read thanks.

I think from what I've read; beef farts and open air dumps that are not capped off and burned or collected - methane emissions are also a factor as well as jet engines, aside from industry and car fume.

Most of those are poison gas and rarley occur naturally from volcanoes and the like, so really you have to conclude the majority is probably fucking over the natural balance somewhat; dont you recon?

Also logic sort of points to that we've dropped immisions and the hole has shrunk some.

Its not 'on its ear' either when you read the last few paragraphs of both the scientist -Rex and the authors note.

Nothing currently suggests that the role of CFCs must be called into question, Rex stresses. "Overwhelming evidence still suggests that anthropogenic emissions of CFCs and halons are the reason for the ozone loss. But we would be on much firmer ground if we could write down the correct chemical reactions."
    Of course, it may be that Rex's research has gone wrong somehow or that another chemical mechanism involving CFCs will turn out to be chiefly responsible for ozone depletion. Nevertheless, it is good to keep in mind that all scientific results are provisional and may change in the light of new evidence.

By the way, for anyone who cares about my own take on the ozone hole/CFC issue, in chapter 8 of my 1993 book, Eco-Scam: The False Prophets of Ecological Apocalypse, I concluded:
    Despite a great deal of continuing scientific uncertainty, it appears that CFCs do contribute to the creation of the Antarctic ozone hole and perhaps to a tiny amount of global ozone depletion. If CFCs were allowed to build up in the atmosphere during the next century, ozone depletion might eventually entail significant costs. More ultraviolet light reaching the surface would require adaptation—switching to new crop varieties, for example—and it might boost the incidence of nonfatal skin cancer. In light of these costs, it makes sense to phase out the use of CFCs.
    Last edited by Andre; 10-04-2013 at 09:12 AM.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Maybe it is just change, in the way the world was meant to change, and our greed and general 'fuckedupedness' is the instrument of that change?
    fuckedupedness I hope thats eventually put into that new modern dictionary.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your right, "on its ear" was an overstatement but my point that what we once believed to be definitive truth and fact based on science is no longer certain stands. We don't currently have a good understanding of how/why our climate changes or how much effect human behavior is having on it.
    @IamInuit you got build a bigger quote database. You work that one into just about every topic on this board.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not the job of the rational majority to provide quotes to back up what the scientific community agree has a 95% likelihood of being influenced by mankind. The fact that their is a 5% wiggle room for debate just proves the validity of the process.

El Kabong Guest

The climate hasn't warmed in 15 years and yet none of the Global Warming Alarmists have said "See what we're doing is working" you know WHY they don't do that? Hint, it's the very same reason Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson won't recognize any progress made in race relations....if it looks solvable then there's an END to the crisis and if there's an END then eventually these people will have to find another scam to run on people so they can keep their wealth.

Al Gore is a scam artist in the very same way Al Sharpton is, they shake people and companies down for their wealth because they hype up problems which they in all honesty don't care one little bit about actually solving.

Anthropogenic Global Warming is a SCAM, it's bullshit, complete garbage.

How do I know this? Because the solutions these morons offer are nonexistent. They don't like "fossil fuels" ....what do they propose we use instead? They propose NOTHING. They don't like coal because it's "dirty" but then they don't like nuclear energy either which is the cleanest most efficient energy there is known to man. They want to break society down, they want a return to pre-industrial revolution life and I'm sorry I find that regressive, idiotic, and very self centered considering Al Gore still flies around in a private jet, owns the company he buys "carbon offsets" from, and lives in a huge fucking mansion that uses gobs of power......so yeah the Global warming crowd is either dopes who buy into the bullshit idiots like Gore spew or their people like Gore who benefit financially from the suffering of other humans.

Thread Information