93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nhl thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    sequin was apparently a bt of a wild man in boston though.... if it wasnt working there then boston made the right choice for everyone.... seguin seems to be going great after this! good trade all round i think.. although if there is a winner then it is dallas and sequin
    For sure he seemed like a meathead, but when you have a guy who's probably going to be an Art Ross candidate for the next 10-15 years, you have to have a bit more patience. He was a 20 year old kid suddenly making millions of bucks, he just needed some time to mature I think.
    I agree when I heard about the trade I thought it was great for dallas but then I read about sequins character and so on.... I think it's really impossible to say, sometimes it takes a big kick up the arse for a player to realize what is going on and what their potential is.. I think sequin needed a big kick and would never have made it if he stayed in boston and a trade is what he needed, so the trade was great for everyone involved... Although it is really hard to say .. it is definently possible the bruins could have eventually got him on track..

montreal -boston on tv now... i really hate boston

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

17 goals in 22 games for Seguin so far. Looks like he might break the coveted 50 goal mark. He's on pace for over 60.

Loui Erikson is a bust and coming no where near the numbers he put up in Dallas, Smith had a great season last year but is struggling this year. Looking more and more like a brutal trade.
    Last edited by Beanflicker; 11-26-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seguin is top class, I had him on my fantasy team last year, he is going to be great if he keeps on track !

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's alright!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw something on reply the other day, did like a shoot from the mid section and scored! seen it?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it happens every so often, sometimes the goalie is caught not paying attention, sometimes the puck takes a weird bounce or tip, either way it's always hilarious.

My favourite ever was Vesa Toskala letting in one from 200ft back. I was watching the game with a bunch of leafs fans at the time and their reaction was priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eipJqVmz3X8

El Kabong Guest

I had an atrocious game last night...should have had a hat trick but couldn't find the back of the net to save my life....my rebounded shots went off the goalie, my one timers were amazingly stopped or missed. I had a one timer in the crease and skied it over the goal....couldn't have hit water if I fell out of a boat last night.

Oh well, now for consolation games and preparing for next season

El Kabong Guest

Well finally ended my goal scoring drought last night. I wish I could have said it was in a win, but we lost 9-5. The only real reason we lost was we had a wet behind the ears goalie and only 6 skaters against a team with a full bench (at least 12 skaters) and a good goalie so a 4 goal deficit isn't too bad at all.

My goal was pretty, a nice little one timer right through the 5 hole....boom!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong Guest

Had my last game of the season last night/this morning (finished up around 12:00 AM). I scored another goal, I won a lot of good faceoffs, but the one thing that really pissed me off was the game went to a shootout, I had the goalie dead to rights with a deke and to his credit he stretched out and got a strong paddle on my backhanded shot.....hell of a save really and on such a beautiful move.

The team I played against last night will be the team I am playing on in January so I think that bodes well. They have a great goalie, good solid defense, and hopefully I can keep making progress in my game....I shook a few fellas out there with some nifty dekes and dangles.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys know what time of year it is..... WORLD JUNIORS!!!
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a beast Voracek is, I've been watching the Flyers and him and Giroux are just money together, it's pretty much a 2 man team now with Wayne Simmonds showing up periodically.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    You guys know what time of year it is..... WORLD JUNIORS!!!
    See the goal the US player had against Germany? Yowza!!!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is the spengler cup? I see they are playing hc davos stadium and it has jokerit from the khl playing canada just now :S Who are these canadian fellows on the team ? Doesn't look good for the khl when these canucks are beating them.

Also I hear ovechkin is off to the khl at the end of the year, good move for everyone i think, big long contract and not really being a huge superstar to justify it.. Ovechkin doesnt seem so happy in the nhl anymore and the crapitals could use the cap space.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    What is the spengler cup? I see they are playing hc davos stadium and it has jokerit from the khl playing canada just now :S Who are these canadian fellows on the team ? Doesn't look good for the khl when these canucks are beating them.

Also I hear ovechkin is off to the khl at the end of the year, good move for everyone i think, big long contract and not really being a huge superstar to justify it.. Ovechkin doesnt seem so happy in the nhl anymore and the crapitals could use the cap space.
    Spengler Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Ruskies don't make players like they used to. Ovechkin is a decent player as was Kovalchuk but they aren't the players Russia USED to produce Federov, Bure, Molgilny, Larionov, Makarov, etc. Those dudes were bad as hell. Pavel Bure was one of my favorite players when I was growing up.

Thread Information