Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Nhl thread

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Nhl thread

Played a game last night, my team had a goalie and 5 skaters, we played iron man hockey 1 long ass 60 minute shift. The opposing team had about 8 players and we dogged them all night! 9-6 we win, I got to play center (my favorite) and I scored 2 goals + 1 helper as well for a 3 point night. The team we played were no slouches either, very good skaters we just played the better game.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Youch, no shifts, that's rough. That's going to make for a lame game!

I guess they were good by American south standards. You punks would get smashed by any Canadian rec team, let's be honest.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Youch, no shifts, that's rough. That's going to make for a lame game!

I guess they were good by American south standards. You punks would get smashed by any Canadian rec team, let's be honest.
    It was a fun game albeit my team DID make strategic use of icing.

When I say good skaters I mean good for the league I am in they weren't world beaters by any stretch, just athletic and had good stamina. I'm not thinking we're a great team or anything I just play because I love the game and it's a lot of fun. I wish I had half the ice time you hosers are afforded....then I WOULD have been a really good player.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maaan if they were taking shifts and playing against 5 guys on the ice for 60 minutes, and they lost, they had to be the drizzling shits. Or maybe the yanks just don't play with the same intensity, I only play pick up games with some boys from work but after a hard 1:30 shift I'm heading over to the bench to grab some air.

It's the French Canadians you have to watch out for. I never met a frog who couldn't play his ass off.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Maaan if they were taking shifts and playing against 5 guys on the ice for 60 minutes, and they lost, they had to be the drizzling shits. Or maybe the yanks just don't play with the same intensity, I only play pick up games with some boys from work but after a hard 1:30 shift I'm heading over to the bench to grab some air.

It's the French Canadians you have to watch out for. I never met a frog who couldn't play his ass off.
    They didn't have much help from their goalie and to be honest we parked the bus on them. We packed the center and pushed all their attacks wide to help out our goalie. We slowed the pace at times but also our transition passing was really solid.

The league I play in isn't the cream of the crop of talent down here, we actually do have some pretty good players.
    Youth Tier-II 16U 1A: Greensboro completes Cinderella season, wins national championship

...I mean that's a pretty fucking big deal for a hockey team from North Carolina

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's cool, it's such a great sport and fun sport to play. I hear now even the Chinese are starting to get into it.

El Kabong Guest

Canes Acquire Versteeg, Nordstrom from Hawks - Carolina Hurricanes - News

A little wheelin' and dealin' done by the Canes....I think Versteeg will be a big help!

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the UK strategic use of icing means this

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Season starts TONIGHT! Any predictions for the season Awards? Cup winners?

El Kabong Guest

So there's that much excitement so far?

Well the Canes have finally started winning! They play the Kings tonight and should get beat, but I'm hoping everything has clicked for the boys and they can have a run of success to get up the standings.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Dirty dangle

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kuznetsov seems to be doing pretty good this season for washington, I quite like him so this is good news for me, Ovechkin is also having a good goal scoring season too.

As for the canucks, the season isnt going so well and some people here are wanting the coach out :S At lelast daniel sedin is looking like he's going to set the all time goal scoring record for the canucks, I think he needs 6 more and the record is his. That's something to look forward to ! :S

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Kuznetsov seems to be doing pretty good this season for washington, I quite like him so this is good news for me, Ovechkin is also having a good goal scoring season too.

As for the canucks, the season isnt going so well and some people here are wanting the coach out :S At lelast daniel sedin is looking like he's going to set the all time goal scoring record for the canucks, I think he needs 6 more and the record is his. That's something to look forward to ! :S
    I like Tarasenko out of all the Ruskies....Ovechkin really is the best, though I think in his day Sergei Federov would have out played him. I also think Pavel Bure would have had better numbers had he not gotten injured so much.

The World Cup of Hockey in September and October of2016 should be amazing! Canada, United States, Russia, Sweden, Finland, and Czech Republic will be playing....and honestly out of that group anyone can win, though most will expect Canada to dominate.

El Kabong Guest

Canes beat the Hawks the other night....if only they could string together a bunch of wins to be playoff contenders!

Thread Information