Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why Boxing has to be respected

The 98-92 scorecard was ridiculous. Actually so was the 97-93 card. 96-94 was fine. If you prefer a lot of jabs and patty cake punches than Vera won. If you prefer harder, cleaner punches than how can anybody make a case for Vera winning? Either way, I wish they would of gave Vera the win. Not necessarily cuz he earned it. But for respecting boxing. He kept himself in shape. Didn't complain. And went out there and just fought. Chavez needed a reality check. He thought he could get by on talent alone and didn't bother training. He disrespected boxing. Boxing doesn't take disrespect from any fighter. No matter what name he carries. Chavez should of blown Vera away. He didn't. It's an embarrassment that Vera can even make a case for winning. Boxing showed Chavez it will humble him if it has to. Chavez will be in shape for his next fight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    The 98-92 scorecard was ridiculous. Actually so was the 97-93 card. 96-94 was fine. If you prefer a lot of jabs and patty cake punches than Vera won. If you prefer harder, cleaner punches than how can anybody make a case for Vera winning? Either way, I wish they would of gave Vera the win. Not necessarily cuz he earned it. But for respecting boxing. He kept himself in shape. Didn't complain. And went out there and just fought. Chavez needed a reality check. He thought he could get by on talent alone and didn't bother training. He disrespected boxing. Boxing doesn't take disrespect from any fighter. No matter what name he carries. Chavez should of blown Vera away. He didn't. It's an embarrassment that Vera can even make a case for winning. Boxing showed Chavez it will humble him if it has to. Chavez will be in shape for his next fight.
    Get real here vera didn't make a case for winning, he clearly won, you and the three judges might be the only ones that disagree, as for pitter patter punches chavez face sure didn't look like it was hit by pitter patter punches, and why complain to the ref over and over if ya gettin hit by air, don't be a pactard on this one.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Boxing has to be respected

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Get real here vera didn't make a case for winning, he clearly won, you and the three judges might be the only ones that disagree, as for pitter patter punches chavez face sure didn't look like it was hit by pitter patter punches, and why complain to the ref over and over if ya gettin hit by air, don't be a pactard on this one.
    Because shit wasn't going his way and was looking for help. Shit was pretty fucking obvious. It's what happens when you disrespect boxing

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Because shit wasn't going his way and was looking for help. Shit was pretty fucking obvious. It's what happens when you disrespect boxing
    but clearly he was getting hit by patty cake punches man so they shouldn't have had any effect, or is it that perhaps vera's shots weren't patty cake

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree the scores were ridiculous. I had Vera winning the fight not because of patty cake jabs but because he simply outlanded him and also landed more power shots than Chavez. Watched the fight with some Jr fans and they all agreed that Vera won.

Like you said Chavez should have blown vera away and that makes it even more shameful that he lost. After coming in that heavy against a natural middleweight.

He look slower than usual I don't know if he was weight drained (lol) or what but he looked bad and he lost that fight IMO. I think Chavez is done.
    Last edited by outspoken; 09-29-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread may as well read "why you can't be respected". Chavez jr only landed a handful of punches per round even in his best few, and Vera was not throwing patty cake anything. He was very undersized and didn't have the power to hurt Jr, but aside from being off balance he was never hugely affected by anything he took either. Since when is a consistent jab not a big factor in scoring a fight like that? If Jr was Puerto Rican you would be more outraged than anyone. And for the record, I think you know a lot about the sport. You are just such a blind twit when there is a nationalistic angle or a chance to wind up others that it goes right out the window.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    This thread may as well read "why you can't be respected". Chavez jr only landed a handful of punches per round even in his best few, and Vera was not throwing patty cake anything. He was very undersized and didn't have the power to hurt Jr, but aside from being off balance he was never hugely affected by anything he took either. Since when is a consistent jab not a big factor in scoring a fight like that? If Jr was Puerto Rican you would be more outraged than anyone. And for the record, I think you know a lot about the sport. You are just such a blind twit when there is a nationalistic angle or a chance to wind up others that it goes right out the window.
    Because Vera is Japanese right? He's fucking Mexican as well. Don't agree with what I say. That's fine. But lets not get stupid.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because Vera is Japanese right? He's fucking Mexican as well. Don't agree with what I say. That's fine. But lets not get stupid.
    I did say OR a chance to wind up other posters Obviously you've invested a fair bit in your support of Jr as well over the last couple of years. But hey, only respond to that one half a sentence, that's fine to.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did say OR a chance to wind up other posters Obviously you've invested a fair bit in your support of Jr as well over the last couple of years. But hey, only respond to that one half a sentence, that's fine to.
    I don't mind a difference of opinion. Especially from one who has good knowledge of the sport. Which I think you do. I read the good parts. Compare the points with mine. And respond when I feel there's a need to respond. Which could be at that moment or a couple of posts later. Stupidity I'm just gonna point out right away

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well alright. There's a reason I prefaced the nationalist point with saying if JR was Puerto Rican you would be singing a different tune, thought that was pretty obvious and it's telling that you don't try to address that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen the fight but I've heard the opinion of people who I respect and usually agree with saying they thought Vera beat him convincingly.

It's just a sad fact in boxing that there is no consistency when it comes to the scoring of a fight, and unless you stop a guy there's no telling who is going to win when the scorecards are handed out.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you are trying to soften the result somewhat. Almost nobody sees the fight as a particularly close one and Chavez just didn't throw anything in the majority of the rounds. I think it was the 7th when Chavez finally landed something in the last 3 seconds, but you cannot say 'Ooh, that was a hard shot, so I will ignore the 20 landed shots by the other guy who worked for almost the full 3 minutes'. Chavez landed meaningful punches very, very sporadically, maybe 2 a round on average, meanwhile Vera was working and getting his punches through.

Also, we can talk about Chavez being out of condition, but he has called out a FNF fighter two weight classes out of his normal weight. Chavez might have had to lose some weight, but it wasn't as though he drained himself like Toney against Jones Jr, it isn't as though he was forcing himself to fight at 160. Chavez was much bigger than Vera, who is the one that should be commended for going outside his comfort zone. Chavez has had everything set up on his plate and still he fucked up. He is a disgrace yet again after his previous PPV ripoffs, cheating, dodgy drug tests etc. And here he is on HBO getting a pass in an absolute robbery.

They won't put him in with anyone good, but if there is justice he will be fighting Froch next. Chavez isn't a top boxer and it needs to be hammered home in a brutal manner.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch would bring him to big a payday for it to be considered justice. Ideally he would fight some unknown light heavyweight prospect with KO power and fuck right off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are correct. Boxing must be respected.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This thread is disrespecting boxing. Quit being a sore loser and grasping for straws VD. Your fighter lost. It happens.

Thread Information