Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wlad Klitschko is a disgrace....and so is that Ref.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wlad Klitschko is a disgrace....and so is that Ref.

worst fight i've ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why did Wlad have to hold every 5 seconds? Why??
    It was totally unnecessary and ruined what could have been an entertaining fight.

El Kabong Guest

Win #61.....$17m+ in the bank......oooh rough night for you guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Win #61.....$17m+ in the bank......oooh rough night for you guys
    That's all well and good Lyle, but perhaps you can help me by explaining to me why Wlad had to resort to all that holding? Povetkin isn't even a hard puncher. What's the deal?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why klitschko would want to make himself look desperate and scared pussy is beyond me. maybe he knows he's lost his edge and will just drape himself over every live opponent he faces until he retires.

El Kabong Guest

It's 100% footwork. Povetkin did pour on pressure, he did make a small target of himself, and also Wlad was light. When Wlad is heavier he's going to get a KO just look at his record. Povetkin may not have huge power but you guys all say Wlad has a China chin...why ever question what he's going to protect? Also the leaning is just what happens when a tall fighter fights a short fighter. To combat it Povetkin needed to dropstep turn and create angles

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation Re: Wlad Klitschko is a disgrace....and so is that Ref.

I like how Povetkin didn't complain about the holding. Simply said Wlad was the better man.

He had no excuses about a sore toe either.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Brother you make it sound like fans should only read the stat sheet and end result and ignore the actual fight as it unfolds? The day fans stop complaining. having opinion or being vocal is when I'll worry.
    Yawn....if a foul isn't called then it isn't a foul. You guys act like Wlad has never been on the receiving end of no calls.
    Thats bullshit dude. I see wins that are awarded every week also but we all know better than to believe everything we read like sheep, or fan boys.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did Povetkin actually complain, his corner blow up and nut on the ref What I saw was a guy being man handled firstly and all the while there to be outclassed legit. Wlad blew it to shine and turned partial Judo-Sumo wrastler. Though Povetkin the entire time he didn't turn puss and took a loss

I don't blanket Wlad with a broad brush...he has boxed his ass off at times and though not all love it, he was superior in class...other times he has just stunk it out or had a pose off with Ibragimov. But ya gotta keep it reall...good is good, and shit is shit. I have not seen him look this raggedy in a very long time and worse yet HE chose it.
    The fight obviously wasn't much in terms of excitement. And while Wlad deserves most of the blame for that it's hard to hold it against him. The fight was in Povetkin backyard. The reason that happened was cuz some obscure Russian business man no one had ever heard of decided to show off his back account by massively overpaying for the fight. Not only that but there was a lot of late money coming in on Povetkin. I don't blame Wlad if he thought the seeds for a robbery were being planted. In order to prevent something like that Wlad had 2 options. Go right at Povetkin and knock him the fuck out was one option. It also would of been the most universally liked option. Problem with that is Wlad doesn't have the best of chins. Going at Povetkin would of put him in a position where he was gonna get hit. Povetkin isn't Mike Tyson power wise. But he can do damage with his punches. So while this option provided the most pros for Wlad, the one con (getting knocked out) was just to big. So Wlad went with option 2. Jab. Clinch. Lean on opponent. Occasionally open up. In other words score points with his jab. And blunt Povetkin's offense by clinching any chance he got. And making sure he leaned on him before they were broken up. In the process tiring and frustrating Povetkin. If done correctly this option would allow Wlad to pile up so many points it would of been damn near impossible to rob him. Wlad did what he had to do and went with option 2

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Did Povetkin actually complain, his corner blow up and nut on the ref What I saw was a guy being man handled firstly and all the while there to be outclassed legit. Wlad blew it to shine and turned partial Judo-Sumo wrastler. Though Povetkin the entire time he didn't turn puss and took a loss

I don't blanket Wlad with a broad brush...he has boxed his ass off at times and though not all love it, he was superior in class...other times he has just stunk it out or had a pose off with Ibragimov. But ya gotta keep it reall...good is good, and shit is shit. I have not seen him look this raggedy in a very long time and worse yet HE chose it.
    The fight obviously wasn't much in terms of excitement. And while Wlad deserves most of the blame for that it's hard to hold it against him. The fight was in Povetkin backyard. The reason that happened was cuz some obscure Russian business man no one had ever heard of decided to show off his back account by massively overpaying for the fight. Not only that but there was a lot of late money coming in on Povetkin. I don't blame Wlad if he thought the seeds for a robbery were being planted. In order to prevent something like that Wlad had 2 options. Go right at Povetkin and knock him the fuck out was one option. It also would of been the most universally liked option. Problem with that is Wlad doesn't have the best of chins. Going at Povetkin would of put him in a position where he was gonna get hit. Povetkin isn't Mike Tyson power wise. But he can do damage with his punches. So while this option provided the most pros for Wlad, the one con (getting knocked out) was just to big. So Wlad went with option 2. Jab. Clinch. Lean on opponent. Occasionally open up. In other words score points with his jab. And blunt Povetkin's offense by clinching any chance he got. And making sure he leaned on him before they were broken up. In the process tiring and frustrating Povetkin. If done correctly this option would allow Wlad to pile up so many points it would of been damn near impossible to rob him. Wlad did what he had to do and went with option 2
    No points off for effort there, actually makes some sense but I've seen Wlad fight a striclty jab and chin concious fight and it looked nothing like that hideous ragdoll hug fest. He looked like a guy trying not to sap his stamina and not in top shape. If hes coming in with gameplans like that now as you suggest he needs to GTFO and let the division get on its way. Someone needs to verse the ref in the whole locale against him plot also.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No points off for effort there, actually makes some sense but I've seen Wlad fight a striclty jab and chin concious fight and it looked nothing like that hideous ragdoll hug fest. He looked like a guy trying not to sap his stamina and not in top shape. If hes coming in with gameplans like that now as you suggest he needs to GTFO and let the division get on its way. Someone needs to verse the ref in the whole locale against him plot also.
    Exactly. This isn't wasn't how he normally goes about it. He's never gone to these extreme measures to blunt someones offense. I think being rob was on his mind. If this fight would of took place in Germany it would of been a completely different fight

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly. This isn't wasn't how he normally goes about it. He's never gone to these extreme measures to blunt someones offense. I think being rob was on his mind. If this fight would of took place in Germany it would of been a completely different fight
    I think thats a stretch dude, and just not buying it. Best way to do away with a concern is to take it out of the judges hands and not to flirt with point deductions or dq, which he should have had more of. He resorted to a shit fight regardless of his Boogey men and phobias and stank it out.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think thats a stretch dude, and just not buying it. Best way to do away with a concern is to take it out of the judges hands and not to flirt with point deductions or dq, which he should have had more of. He resorted to a shit fight regardless of his Boogey men and phobias and stank it out.
    He did. But he left Russia still being the champion. Mission accomplished.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a fan of the Klitschko's, but that was a complete shit show, even moreso than normal.

Unfortunately for Wlad, he seems to stink out the joint in his biggest fights. There was huge press and hype on the Sultan Ibragimov showdown at the Garden and they bored everyone to tears. Same with the big David Haye megafight and now this. He looked stiffed and even bored in a lot of parts, and looked amateurish as he was looking for the big one-punch left hook KO. The right hand seemed to be off point as well.

But to be fair to Wlad, and I said this in another thread, people are going to say he's shit because of the grabbing, but they forget that Ali "jab and grabbed" his way to more than a few victories, they weren't all Thrillas in Manillas or Rumbles in the Jungles.

They need to get a ref in there who will take charge and remove the excessive holding from these fights.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wlad made himself look like a chickenshit cheat. i guess that's okay if that's how he wants to be remembered.

Thread Information