Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    He should fight Chisroa because he's a lunatic who will realise it's a wrestling match after one round and start closelining him and throwing him out the ring and stuff.
    Ain't he the one who ran his mouth non-stop? Threatening and acting tough. Starting fights with everybody. Even said he was gonna kill David Haye for real. Than couldn't even make it out the 5th against him. Come on now. He wouldn't make it out the 2nd against Wlad
    He's the one who went 12 rounds with Vitali, showed no fear, won rounds against him and gave him his toughes fight in years.
    Wlad hits much harder than Vitali. It would end badly for Chisora.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1123
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    He should fight Chisroa because he's a lunatic who will realise it's a wrestling match after one round and start closelining him and throwing him out the ring and stuff.
    Ain't he the one who ran his mouth non-stop? Threatening and acting tough. Starting fights with everybody. Even said he was gonna kill David Haye for real. Than couldn't even make it out the 5th against him. Come on now. He wouldn't make it out the 2nd against Wlad
    He's the one who went 12 rounds with Vitali, showed no fear, won rounds against him and gave him his toughes fight in years.
    Wlad hits much harder than Vitali. It would end badly for Chisora.
    How do you figure he hits so much harder?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    He should fight Chisroa because he's a lunatic who will realise it's a wrestling match after one round and start closelining him and throwing him out the ring and stuff.
    Ain't he the one who ran his mouth non-stop? Threatening and acting tough. Starting fights with everybody. Even said he was gonna kill David Haye for real. Than couldn't even make it out the 5th against him. Come on now. He wouldn't make it out the 2nd against Wlad
    He's the one who went 12 rounds with Vitali, showed no fear, won rounds against him and gave him his toughes fight in years.
    Wlad hits much harder than Vitali. It would end badly for Chisora.
    How do you figure he hits so much harder?
    By watching them fight. Shit is only obvious. Wlad relies on power to get his stoppages. Vitali on volume and accumulation.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,027
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    wladimir also put povetkin down with a jab :S...... hats off to teh fellow... his cautiosness hold him back so much though... if he wasn't so insanely cautious he would be a potential legend I think... very skilled, strong and athletic fellow but he has been so cautious for so long I think he missed the boat and realising his true potential.. shame... still a very good boxer though..

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,151
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    510
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Chisora.

    GRUDGE MATCH!

    Least it'll be mildly exciting...
    I agree.

    I'd much sooner see Wladimir face Chisora next than Boytsov or Pulev.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,027
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    638
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    I would not :S what a waste of a fight,,, chisora lost to an injured vitali quite clearly... he made it interesting.... then he got cleaned out by haye.. he had a nice result v malik scott :S but this fellow is not close to be deserving of another title shot... Haye for example is far closer....

    I would like to see wladimir take on stiverne next.. seeing as vitali is busying doing whatever he can to not fight stiverne wladimir might as well give him what he deserves... maybe have another stay busy fight v anyone, solis maybe, whilst haye, fury, wilder and arreola all fight between themselves so a clear deserving challenger can emerge... Chisora would be a totally undserving candidate... give a guy a title fight because his antics are mildly amusing :S ....... he already got crushed by the guy that wladimir shut out fairly recently...

    aha pulev is mandatory.. I say take on stiverne then pulev then in my fantasy world the other contedors will have fought each other and wlad takes on the best of those guys.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,151
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    510
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    1. Alexander Povetkin (already beaten)
    2. David Haye (already beaten)
    3. Kubrat Pulev
    4. Tomasz Adamek (scheduled to fight Glazkov in Nov)
    5. Bermane Stiverne (WBC mandatory)
    6. Tyson Fury (scheduled to fight Haye in Feb)
    7. Robert Helenius (injured)
    8. Chris Arreola
    9. Odlanier Solis
    10. Tony Thompson (already beaten twice)

    So from the top ten Pulev, Arreola and Solis would be available.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,318
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    657
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    wlads next fight should abide by the rules of boxing

    thats my only wish
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,318
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    657
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    id be happy with another provetkin fight sticking to the rules tho this time
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,151
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    510
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    id be happy with another provetkin fight sticking to the rules tho this time
    The holding was excessive, nobody can deny it.

    But less than I've seen in some of Hopkins and Ward's fights. Ward held Green for nearly the whole fight.

    And Ward used deliberate head butts, hitting off the break, as well as holding in his fight with Kessler.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1123
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    He should fight Chisroa because he's a lunatic who will realise it's a wrestling match after one round and start closelining him and throwing him out the ring and stuff.
    Ain't he the one who ran his mouth non-stop? Threatening and acting tough. Starting fights with everybody. Even said he was gonna kill David Haye for real. Than couldn't even make it out the 5th against him. Come on now. He wouldn't make it out the 2nd against Wlad
    He's the one who went 12 rounds with Vitali, showed no fear, won rounds against him and gave him his toughes fight in years.
    Wlad hits much harder than Vitali. It would end badly for Chisora.
    How do you figure he hits so much harder?
    By watching them fight. Shit is only obvious. Wlad relies on power to get his stoppages. Vitali on volume and accumulation.
    Yes you're right Wlad has really been blasting them right out of there as of late....

    They both wear guys down to get late stoppages outside of total gimmes like the Ray Austin and Mormeck fights.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,318
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    657
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    id be happy with another provetkin fight sticking to the rules tho this time
    The holding was excessive, nobody can deny it.

    But less than I've seen in some of Hopkins and Ward's fights. Ward held Green for nearly the whole fight.

    And Ward used deliberate head butts, hitting off the break, as well as holding in his fight with Kessler.




    i cant watch the videos im at work but im in total agreement, ward should also be stopped from doing it, it is against the rules and he doesnt deserve the praise he gets because of his tactics

    i think he beat kessler with the head

    same with devon alexander, i dont believe he'd have beaten maidana if he was made to fight

    one difference with klit and the others tho is that the leaning does damage, saps a lot of energy, so not only is it a defence its a weapon

    i truely believe wlad would have lost his titles long ago if he had have been made to fight within the rules, or at the very least had some very close calls and spent a bit more time on the canvas
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1122
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    He should fight Chisroa because he's a lunatic who will realise it's a wrestling match after one round and start closelining him and throwing him out the ring and stuff.
    Ain't he the one who ran his mouth non-stop? Threatening and acting tough. Starting fights with everybody. Even said he was gonna kill David Haye for real. Than couldn't even make it out the 5th against him. Come on now. He wouldn't make it out the 2nd against Wlad
    He's the one who went 12 rounds with Vitali, showed no fear, won rounds against him and gave him his toughes fight in years.
    Wlad hits much harder than Vitali. It would end badly for Chisora.
    How do you figure he hits so much harder?
    By watching them fight. Shit is only obvious. Wlad relies on power to get his stoppages. Vitali on volume and accumulation.
    Yes you're right Wlad has really been blasting them right out of there as of late....

    They both wear guys down to get late stoppages outside of total gimmes like the Ray Austin and Mormeck fights.
    I agree with @Violent Demise here. Wlad hits harder. If you watch, Vitali's punches don't seem to have a massive effect for over the course of the fight he wears fighters down. When Wlad lands flush, he visably hurts his opponent, plus he scores alot of knockdowns with one punch shots, where as Vitali doesn't.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,604
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2986
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    wlads next fight should abide by the rules of boxing

    thats my only wish
    Never did I ever read that from you when Lennox Lewis was champion and never have I ever read that from you ABOUT Lennox Lewis nor about Ricky Hatton. Had I then I wouldn't call you out for such blatant nationalistic bias.



    Wlad should fight Fury next and steal Haye's opponent. #1 Wlad should fight taller opponents because those are the better fights, and #2 Fury is an idiot and I wish to see him KO'd several times over. Pulev would be an alright fight I guess if Fury decides to fight Haye.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1122
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    wlads next fight should abide by the rules of boxing

    thats my only wish
    Never did I ever read that from you when Lennox Lewis was champion and never have I ever read that from you ABOUT Lennox Lewis nor about Ricky Hatton. Had I then I wouldn't call you out for such blatant nationalistic bias.



    Wlad should fight Fury next and steal Haye's opponent. #1 Wlad should fight taller opponents because those are the better fights, and #2 Fury is an idiot and I wish to see him KO'd several times over. Pulev would be an alright fight I guess if Fury decides to fight Haye.
    See @El Kabong, I wouldn't criticize him for fighting Pulev, but I don't think he has any huge attribute in his favour over Wlad and I'd see it as being a repeat of the Chagaev fight. I agree that to make it interesting Wlad needs to fight tall opponents or the other option is a big puncher. This is why right now I favour an Arreola fight. Because Cris is a wild swinger and has a cracking chin, he could certainly make it interesting for at least the first half of the fight. Deontay Wilder is another good fight because of his size and punch power but I'd say he's at least 2 decent fights away from being ready. Stiverne is likely to fight Vitali but if he wasn't, he'd be a viable option and a Chisora fight would be entertaining too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. David Haye to fight Wladimir Klitschko
    By hitmann in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 01:06 AM
  2. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 06:41 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 06:54 PM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 06:48 AM
  5. Wladimir Klitschko saturday fight!!
    By zaf in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 10:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing