Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should Wladimir Klitschko fight next?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    He should fight Chisroa because he's a lunatic who will realise it's a wrestling match after one round and start closelining him and throwing him out the ring and stuff.
    Ain't he the one who ran his mouth non-stop? Threatening and acting tough. Starting fights with everybody. Even said he was gonna kill David Haye for real. Than couldn't even make it out the 5th against him. Come on now. He wouldn't make it out the 2nd against Wlad
    He's the one who went 12 rounds with Vitali, showed no fear, won rounds against him and gave him his toughes fight in years.
    Wlad hits much harder than Vitali. It would end badly for Chisora.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should fight Chisroa because he's a lunatic who will realise it's a wrestling match after one round and start closelining him and throwing him out the ring and stuff.
    Ain't he the one who ran his mouth non-stop? Threatening and acting tough. Starting fights with everybody. Even said he was gonna kill David Haye for real. Than couldn't even make it out the 5th against him. Come on now. He wouldn't make it out the 2nd against Wlad
    He's the one who went 12 rounds with Vitali, showed no fear, won rounds against him and gave him his toughes fight in years.
    How do you figure he hits so much harder?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By watching them fight. Shit is only obvious. Wlad relies on power to get his stoppages. Vitali on volume and accumulation.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wladimir also put povetkin down with a jab :S...... hats off to teh fellow... his cautiosness hold him back so much though... if he wasn't so insanely cautious he would be a potential legend I think... very skilled, strong and athletic fellow but he has been so cautious for so long I think he missed the boat and realising his true potential.. shame... still a very good boxer though..

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisora.

GRUDGE MATCH!

Least it'll be mildly exciting...
    I agree.

I'd much sooner see Wladimir face Chisora next than Boytsov or Pulev.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would not :S what a waste of a fight,,, chisora lost to an injured vitali quite clearly... he made it interesting.... then he got cleaned out by haye.. he had a nice result v malik scott :S but this fellow is not close to be deserving of another title shot... Haye for example is far closer....

I would like to see wladimir take on stiverne next.. seeing as vitali is busying doing whatever he can to not fight stiverne wladimir might as well give him what he deserves... maybe have another stay busy fight v anyone, solis maybe, whilst haye, fury, wilder and arreola all fight between themselves so a clear deserving challenger can emerge... Chisora would be a totally undserving candidate... give a guy a title fight because his antics are mildly amusing :S ....... he already got crushed by the guy that wladimir shut out fairly recently...

aha pulev is mandatory.. I say take on stiverne then pulev then in my fantasy world the other contedors will have fought each other and wlad takes on the best of those guys.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Alexander Povetkin (already beaten)
    2. David Haye (already beaten)
    3. Kubrat Pulev
    4. Tomasz Adamek (scheduled to fight Glazkov in Nov)
    5. Bermane Stiverne (WBC mandatory)
    6. Tyson Fury (scheduled to fight Haye in Feb)
    7. Robert Helenius (injured)
    8. Chris Arreola
    9. Odlanier Solis
    10. Tony Thompson (already beaten twice)

So from the top ten Pulev, Arreola and Solis would be available.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wlads next fight should abide by the rules of boxing

thats my only wish
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

id be happy with another provetkin fight sticking to the rules tho this time

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    The holding was excessive, nobody can deny it.

But less than I've seen in some of Hopkins and Ward's fights. Ward held Green for nearly the whole fight.

And Ward used deliberate head butts, hitting off the break, as well as holding in his fight with Kessler.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By watching them fight. Shit is only obvious. Wlad relies on power to get his stoppages. Vitali on volume and accumulation.
    Yes you're right Wlad has really been blasting them right out of there as of late....

They both wear guys down to get late stoppages outside of total gimmes like the Ray Austin and Mormeck fights.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The holding was excessive, nobody can deny it.

But less than I've seen in some of Hopkins and Ward's fights. Ward held Green for nearly the whole fight.

And Ward used deliberate head butts, hitting off the break, as well as holding in his fight with Kessler.

i cant watch the videos im at work but im in total agreement, ward should also be stopped from doing it, it is against the rules and he doesnt deserve the praise he gets because of his tactics

i think he beat kessler with the head

same with devon alexander, i dont believe he'd have beaten maidana if he was made to fight

one difference with klit and the others tho is that the leaning does damage, saps a lot of energy, so not only is it a defence its a weapon

i truely believe wlad would have lost his titles long ago if he had have been made to fight within the rules, or at the very least had some very close calls and spent a bit more time on the canvas

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes you're right Wlad has really been blasting them right out of there as of late....

They both wear guys down to get late stoppages outside of total gimmes like the Ray Austin and Mormeck fights.
    I agree with @Violent Demise here. Wlad hits harder. If you watch, Vitali's punches don't seem to have a massive effect for over the course of the fight he wears fighters down. When Wlad lands flush, he visably hurts his opponent, plus he scores alot of knockdowns with one punch shots, where as Vitali doesn't.

El Kabong Guest

thats my only wish
    Never did I ever read that from you when Lennox Lewis was champion and never have I ever read that from you ABOUT Lennox Lewis nor about Ricky Hatton. Had I then I wouldn't call you out for such blatant nationalistic bias.

Wlad should fight Fury next and steal Haye's opponent. #1 Wlad should fight taller opponents because those are the better fights, and #2 Fury is an idiot and I wish to see him KO'd several times over. Pulev would be an alright fight I guess if Fury decides to fight Haye.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

thats my only wish
    Never did I ever read that from you when Lennox Lewis was champion and never have I ever read that from you ABOUT Lennox Lewis nor about Ricky Hatton. Had I then I wouldn't call you out for such blatant nationalistic bias.

Wlad should fight Fury next and steal Haye's opponent. #1 Wlad should fight taller opponents because those are the better fights, and #2 Fury is an idiot and I wish to see him KO'd several times over. Pulev would be an alright fight I guess if Fury decides to fight Haye.
    See @El Kabong, I wouldn't criticize him for fighting Pulev, but I don't think he has any huge attribute in his favour over Wlad and I'd see it as being a repeat of the Chagaev fight. I agree that to make it interesting Wlad needs to fight tall opponents or the other option is a big puncher. This is why right now I favour an Arreola fight. Because Cris is a wild swinger and has a cracking chin, he could certainly make it interesting for at least the first half of the fight. Deontay Wilder is another good fight because of his size and punch power but I'd say he's at least 2 decent fights away from being ready. Stiverne is likely to fight Vitali but if he wasn't, he'd be a viable option and a Chisora fight would be entertaining too.

Thread Information