Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Damn boxing fans ,grow up

I don't understand why people refuse to give Tim Bradley credit. The man outclassed one of Mexico's best and people are saying Marquez was robbed or "Bradley was given a gift". The.fact is that Bradley has shown last night, that he has tweaked himself for the better. He looked slick , light on his feet and crisp against one of your favorite fighters....u mad ?o_O His last fight people liked him for getting beat up, when he obviously could have boxed provodnokov easily , yet his mind was stuck on pacquiao. He wasn't thinking of the opponent in front of him , only redemption from the last bout he had. Last night he made the right move and channeled that need for redemption and recognition and put on a show. He must now be considered p4p and the fact is , if you don't respect Bradley , u r obviously a butthurt Pac fan , or a butthurt Marquez fan. Congrats on a great win Tim ! Keep boxing like you did last kght and you'll be undefeated for a good while !

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Damn boxing fans ,grow up

It's sad that world class skills are so unappreciated by today's boxing fans. I mean I love a great slugfest as much as anyone, but I can't believe people are actually shitting on Bradley for choosing not to brawl with JMM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Credit is hard to come by when clearly, Bradley only outpointed the pee-juice version of JMM.

It's the version that lacks any motivation nor courage to go on in any level of offensive at any point in the game but forever waits to purely just counter-punch regardless of the many opportunities presented during the fight... for easier referencing, the JMM version that fought Floyd Joy Jr.

Justifiably so... because when Juan Manuel Marquez finally did, the greatest fighter of all time hailing from Mexico, summoned enough bravado in the last few remaining rounds, particularly as in the twelfth, he almost got KOed... clobbered by a pillow-fisted feather duster!

That was one hell of an encounter indeed... well worth the moolah in this cash-strapped times! :

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlondeBomber View Post
    I don't understand why people refuse to give Tim Bradley credit. The man outclassed one of Mexico's best and people are saying Marquez was robbed or "Bradley was given a gift". The.fact is that Bradley has shown last night, that he has tweaked himself for the better. He looked slick , light on his feet and crisp against one of your favorite fighters....u mad ?o_O His last fight people liked him for getting beat up, when he obviously could have boxed provodnokov easily , yet his mind was stuck on pacquiao. He wasn't thinking of the opponent in front of him , only redemption from the last bout he had. Last night he made the right move and channeled that need for redemption and recognition and put on a show. He must now be considered p4p and the fact is , if you don't respect Bradley , u r obviously a butthurt Pac fan , or a butthurt Marquez fan. Congrats on a great win Tim ! Keep boxing like you did last kght and you'll be undefeated for a good while !
    I am a Pacquiao fan and Bradley won that fight last nite. He made it look easy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres still alot of anger over the manny fight. People blame bradley for this for some reason.

Bradley is good in all areas but great in heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Theres still alot of anger over the manny fight. People blame bradley for this for some reason.

See. This. This is a sensible statement. Bradley isn't "great" so to speak, but good enough in all areas to get the job done , with more heart than most of his division

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what I hate about bradley...I moved.
    If I hadn't moved I would have seen 20 of his fights; 16 were fought about 1/2 mile from where I lived for 7 years. It bothers me that a guy is fighting in and winning major fights and, if he had had the decency to start fighting 6 or 7 years sooner, I would have seen him from his first fight. That bothers me.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    This is what I hate about bradley...I moved.
    If I hadn't moved I would have seen 20 of his fights; 16 were fought about 1/2 mile from where I lived for 7 years. It bothers me that a guy is fighting in and winning major fights and, if he had had the decency to start fighting 6 or 7 years sooner, I would have seen him from his first fight. That bothers me.

Lol

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

It's not the I blame Bradley for the judges call but but I have disdain for his flippant attitude when he says he easily won the Pac fight and after watching it several times he feels he won it 8-4. What the hell fight was he watching. Why didn't he just say it was a close, tough fight instead of implying he ran away with it. His statements are an insult to boxing fans. Does he think if he looks in a camera and says that several times we will believe it. That is why I don't like Bradley. Also, that preflight tough talk he does doesn't become him. I know it's boxing and its part of the game but he plays the humble part much better.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like a smart man following the set course of get some to hate you so they pay to watch you lose, get some to love you so they pay to watch you win; thats still a win/win.
    Good luck to him, he walks his talk, no problem here.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not sure why people who thought that JMM won need to "grow up?" i admit that i dont like bradley for various reasons but i just saw JMM win the fight. as others have said, he acted like he dominated JMM which he did not. even if he won, i dont think that he even really dominated a single round in that fight. he may have won some but did not dominate.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Sounds like a smart man following the set course of get some to hate you so they pay to watch you lose, get some to love you so they pay to watch you win; thats still a win/win.
    Good luck to him, he walks his talk, no problem here.
    the problem with this though is that i dont care about bradley enough just to watch him lose. its not like other fighters to where i may not be that interested in the fight but im watching for the fact that i want to see that fighter lose. i want bradley to lose, but if he fought a nobody then i wouldnt really care.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have noticed that actually, Bradley had slowly been getting more hated since the Campbell fight. Which is bullshit but there's been a few lingering comments following that fight, the Alexander fight, the Holt fight, the Pacquiao fight etc etc there's always going to be some lingering factor from each of his fights that slowly builds up like a wall of impenetrable knuckleheadedness for some boxing fans - Which is fine by me, as boxing needs guys who you want to loose but never do... They're the guys who upset the applecart.

El Kabong Guest

A lot of boxing fans are naturally negative and unwilling to give the benefit of the doubt in most cases.

Winning over boxing fans in a "majority" is a very difficult thing to do. Especially difficult with a fighter like Bradley...he's not overly slick, he doesn't have amazing power or speed, he is just an outright fighter. He has good solid skills that he uses to his advantage, he's a smart fighter, and he wins rounds. If Bradley had big time KO power people would be clamoring for him to fight Floyd, ditto if he was a really slick boxer, but he's not one of those extremes...most boxers aren't so the guys who like the sweet science AND the guys who like KO's are bummed out about Tim Bradley. He's a very solid fighter, I would say he's almost this era's Carmen Basilio. He's small, always the underdog and he doesn't care, he comes in and does his work in a blue collar style. Nothing but respect for him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets get bradley fighting again in January and keep him busy.

Thread Information