Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: James Degale gets yet another World Class opponent!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Degale gets yet another World Class opponent!

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    After this idiot left Warren he turned down Matchroom to sign with Hennessy. Turns Pro as an Olympic gold medalist, five years later is a virtual nobody
    Check Frochs first five years. Fought absolutely no one of note!

There is time for De Gale. Isnt he the Euro champ? Thtas further forward than Froch was 5 uears in to his career.
    All you do is compare fighters, against each other.

Your comparison is DUMB.

DeGale turned pro as a gold medalist, he was still only 22.
    Froch turned pro quite late, at 25, and he doesn't have the excellent amatuer career DeGale does.

Young olympians and gold medalists usually get brought on at a fair pace, look at Lomachencko.
    course its a good comparison, what does it matter what they did before they turned pro?

their professional careers are being compared and ross reckons degales is a bit further forward than frochs was at the same time (and i tend to agree)

nowt wrong with that
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    You heard it here first! I think Groves narrowly beats Froch by decision, Froch then hammers Degale and the saga continues.

Not first mate. I made a sig bet with @Tam Seddon the day the fight was announced.
    And mark my words the cobra is going to beat Groves inside the distance, Froch is still hungry and an inexperienced Groves is not ready for the challenge. Inexperience at then world level is what I am talking about here and Groves I'm afraid hasn't got that yet. He should have gone down the Stieglitz route because going down the cobra route is the wrong way for Groves to win a belt.
    im not so sure you know

the more i thnk about that fight the more i am thinking theres going to be an upset

i think groves might have very good timing
    And what's your evidence of that? Froch is still peaking trust me, he's looking better in the ring each time out recently and he keeps a log of his performances in training and each training camp he's improving on all of his times. He's a sharp as ever and proved that against Bute and Kessler. Ward is the one who's on the radar for Froch, not a mandatory challenger of his IBF belt. Even Hearn didn't want this fight because he knows it's danger for Groves deep down.

As I said before Groves should of gone for Stieglitz first and gained more experience against a higher ranked contender and got the WBO belt and he would have earned even more for a WBA/IBF\WBO unification fight and then Froch could have fought Ward for the ring mag belt too. Wish Ward still had that WBC belt and it would have been for every belt at 168.
    i dont have any evidence, its not an opinion built on science, its a hunch

i am a froch fan, you only have to read on here on any froch thread and im the one saying hes gonna win when everyone else is saying he will lose

having said that it isnt an opinion built on science, there is a bit of boxing thought gone into it - and here it is

styles make fights, froch is hands down move into range and throw bombs, groves is outside and take pot shots then comes in and throw a big combination

froch thinks he is untouchable at the minute, soon as groves pot shots start bouncing off he will get the superman feeling and try and walk through him, the groves comes in with a big hard combination when the time is right

it is mainly a hunch tho
    Groves isn't going to hurt Froch though. Look at what happened to Bute, who's IMO faster than Groves. Groves won't be able to get inside Froch to land anything because Froch will control him with the jab and bully Groves into a fight which he isn't strong though to win.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You heard it here first! I think Groves narrowly beats Froch by decision, Froch then hammers Degale and the saga continues.

Not first mate. I made a sig bet with @Tam Seddon the day the fight was announced.
    And mark my words the cobra is going to beat Groves inside the distance, Froch is still hungry and an inexperienced Groves is not ready for the challenge. Inexperience at then world level is what I am talking about here and Groves I'm afraid hasn't got that yet. He should have gone down the Stieglitz route because going down the cobra route is the wrong way for Groves to win a belt.
    im not so sure you know

the more i thnk about that fight the more i am thinking theres going to be an upset

And what's your evidence of that? Froch is still peaking trust me, he's looking better in the ring each time out recently and he keeps a log of his performances in training and each training camp he's improving on all of his times. He's a sharp as ever and proved that against Bute and Kessler. Ward is the one who's on the radar for Froch, not a mandatory challenger of his IBF belt. Even Hearn didn't want this fight because he knows it's danger for Groves deep down.

As I said before Groves should of gone for Stieglitz first and gained more experience against a higher ranked contender and got the WBO belt and he would have earned even more for a WBA/IBF\WBO unification fight and then Froch could have fought Ward for the ring mag belt too. Wish Ward still had that WBC belt and it would have been for every belt at 168.

i am a froch fan, you only have to read on here on any froch thread and im the one saying hes gonna win when everyone else is saying he will lose

having said that it isnt an opinion built on science, there is a bit of boxing thought gone into it - and here it is

styles make fights, froch is hands down move into range and throw bombs, groves is outside and take pot shots then comes in and throw a big combination

froch thinks he is untouchable at the minute, soon as groves pot shots start bouncing off he will get the superman feeling and try and walk through him, the groves comes in with a big hard combination when the time is right

it is mainly a hunch tho
    Groves isn't going to hurt Froch though. Look at what happened to Bute, who's IMO faster than Groves. Groves won't be able to get inside Froch to land anything because Froch will control him with the jab and bully Groves into a fight which he isn't strong though to win.
    this is the superman syndrome that froch currently has

groves more than has the power to hurt him and has the skills to stay away from a fight

this is exactly why i am thinking it could be good timing, not because froch is on the slide, because froch sees himself as unmoveable

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Tam Seddon , making statements like this is exactly what is going to lose you our sig bet
    I've backed the cobra since the start mate and I've felt a lot more nervous about other fights than this one. I'm feeling pretty confident Froch wins this easily.
    Precisely why I made the bet with you rather than anyone else. I'd guess most on here would think Froch stops him inside the distance but I think Groves will box him and take a close decision. Just little things I've seen with Groves made me confident he had the tools. I'm less confident without Adam Booth though. I'm gunna stick with my prediction but one factor that had me convinced was how well Booth knows Carl Froch. I think parting company was a stupid move before a fight of this magnitude.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Tam Seddon , making statements like this is exactly what is going to lose you our sig bet
    I've backed the cobra since the start mate and I've felt a lot more nervous about other fights than this one. I'm feeling pretty confident Froch wins this easily.
    Precisely why I made the bet with you rather than anyone else. I'd guess most on here would think Froch stops him inside the distance but I think Groves will box him and take a close decision. Just little things I've seen with Groves made me confident he had the tools. I'm less confident without Adam Booth though. I'm gunna stick with my prediction but one factor that had me convinced was how well Booth knows Carl Froch. I think parting company was a stupid move before a fight of this magnitude.
    The Booth parting was a silly move and won't help him at all , really didn't understand that at all. Groves will be up for it but I just think it's a bit too early for the step up with someone of frochs experience. Similar to Alvarez-Mayweather in ways but Froch will get the stoppage.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not so sure you know

it is mainly a hunch tho

groves more than has the power to hurt him and has the skills to stay away from a fight

this is exactly why i am thinking it could be good timing, not because froch is on the slide, because froch sees himself as unmoveable
    Well Froch has proven his chin many a times so I don't think he has to worry about that. Johnson went 12 rounds with Groves and wasn't really hurt at a all. He got outboxed but he never looked like he was in real danger. Froch is miles better than Johnson though and a heck of a lot busier. Froch has knocked down Groves in sparring and knows what he has to do.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not so sure you know

it is mainly a hunch tho

Well Froch has proven his chin many a times so I don't think he has to worry about that. Johnson went 12 rounds with Groves and wasn't really hurt at a all. He got outboxed but he never looked like he was in real danger. Froch is miles better than Johnson though and a heck of a lot busier. Froch has knocked down Groves in sparring and knows what he has to do.
    all adds to the untouchable situation

by the way, from what i saw groves hurt johnson a lot more than froch did, i know its hard to compare the two fights because johnson seemed to have been in a lot better shape against froch, and was still ambitious

froch has been wobbled in a frew fights too, he isnt indestructable

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not so sure you know

it is mainly a hunch tho

by the way, from what i saw groves hurt johnson a lot more than froch did, i know its hard to compare the two fights because johnson seemed to have been in a lot better shape against froch, and was still ambitious

Yeah cos Froch softened up Johnson for Groves. The Johnson who fought Froch was better than that Johnson who turned up against Groves. Johnson just turned up against Groves, he wasn't there to win at all. He was well past his best by then. Groves apart from Johnson and Degale hasn't fought anybody and Froch has a much better resume. That inexperience at the world level is what will cost Groves the fight, he's still learning his trade IMO.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not so sure you know

it is mainly a hunch tho

Yeah cos Froch softened up Johnson for Groves. The Johnson who fought Froch was better than that Johnson who turned up against Groves. Johnson just turned up against Groves, he wasn't there to win at all. He was well past his best by then. Groves apart from Johnson and Degale hasn't fought anybody and Froch has a much better resume. That inexperience at the world level is what will cost Groves the fight, he's still learning his trade IMO.
    Well, looks like I started a good thread here! Am really looking forward to the fight, may well go, last fight I attended was Haye-Vlad. Good luck to whoever wins, my betting head says close Groves because he really has improved so much. Glen Johnson is a good guide, Calzaghe bottled out of fighting him with a 'bad back' (but we all know the real story). Johnson is quality, I watched him fight Clinton 3 times and get robbed.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    After this idiot left Warren he turned down Matchroom to sign with Hennessy. Turns Pro as an Olympic gold medalist, five years later is a virtual nobody
    Check Frochs first five years. Fought absolutely no one of note!

There is time for De Gale. Isnt he the Euro champ? Thtas further forward than Froch was 5 uears in to his career.
    All you do is compare fighters, against each other.

Your comparison is DUMB.

DeGale turned pro as a gold medalist, he was still only 22.
    Froch turned pro quite late, at 25, and he doesn't have the excellent amatuer career DeGale does.

Young olympians and gold medalists usually get brought on at a fair pace, look at Lomachencko.
    Shows how much you know.

Froch won bronze at the world amateur championships in 2001 which is arguably harder than the olympics.

Forget their ages, its the time scales. Froch was a pro for 5 years before he faced anyone that had been anywhere near world level. De Gale has face fighters that have been in world class company and even faced ex world champion. In February DeGale will also have abeen a pro 5 years but he would also have faced far better oposition than Froch did who looked as if he was going nowhere and in no rush either.
    Last edited by ross; 10-19-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch has since proved he is a world class warrior , DeGale will not because he is garbage.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Froch has since proved he is a world class warrior , DeGale will not because he is garbage.
    Thats my point.

DeGale has done well against better opponents and if Froch can do as well as he has done after his mediocre start then there is hope for DeGale.

Thread Information