Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
So Down Under that kid in the photo is considered obese? In America he would be the skinniest kid in the class! No joke. That kid there is like below average in America in trms of being overweight. I taught 8th graders in Dallas for 2 semesters in 2019, we are talking 14 year olds, and that kid there in the photo was skinnier than ANY of my students. ANY.
i don't know where the kid in the article is from. i don't doubt you have interacted with kids much more overweight but that kid in the photo doesn't look fit & healthy to me
Indeed he looks far from fit & healthy. I am 59 and struggling with losing weight, but at his age that is a deplorable condition to be in. At his age I could do 50 pushups, 50 situps, etc. At 59 I can still do 25 pushups consecutive and about the same number of situps. Not great but I am fucking trying. I bet that kid right there can't do 5 pushups or 5 situps.
irresponsible parenting in my opinion, there is a reason "big is beautiful" is being pushed with people like lizzo in the public eye, they want to normalize & celebrate obesity. edit: good on you for keeping active