Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Long Shot Opponent for Wladimir in the Future...But, How About Thabiso Mchunu?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Long Shot Opponent for Wladimir in the Future...But, How About Thabiso Mchunu?

He dominated Eddie Chambers and has a different style compared to anyone Wladimir Klitschko has faced. He'll be at a a distinct size disadvantage, but he might have the speed advantage. After Pulev, assuming Haye beats Fury, what other opponents are any better?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Long Shot Opponent for Wladimir in the Future...But, How About Thabiso Mchunu?

You know Chambers went down to cruiser for that right? Mchunu looked pretty solid to me but not special, he'd have to get used to HW for a good while before he thought about a fight with Wlad.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Long Shot Opponent for Wladimir in the Future...But, How About Thabiso Mchunu?

He's 5'8" with a 72 reach, so I don't believe he'd stand a chance.

It's hard to believe he'd beat my 6'3" brother who has absolutely no boxing experience let alone the current world champion who almost never gets hit by guys who are 6'4" + with good reaches in every fight.

Size does play an issue in boxing, not always, because look at Haye, but Haye is 6'3" so he'll stand a punchers chance against any big guy, but when the size is nearly a foot and not to mention the foot taller is a multichamp at HW and has ruled for like ten years, then the size is pretty much the 1st of the issues Mchunu would have to face, and would probably alone be enough to beat him.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gentlemen, I'm not suggesting he'd beat Wladimir, but look at Wladimir's potential opponents. Who else is there after Pulev? Wilder is staying away from anyone competitive.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really like what I've seen of Mchunu but in no way at all does he belong moving to hvy, and like wise Wlad getting to the point where he should be fighting cruiserweights. He reminds me of an Orlin Norris in stature and some style but less aggresive inside. Honestly, if these two were to ever enter the ring you would need to line the arena seats with pillows and bed sheets. Wlad has live bodies and if we are talking down the road than its safe to assume Wlad isn't getting any younger, off his ugliest fight and guys like Pulev, Jennings, Wilder..cough, and company can make some noise and at least get the oppurtunity. I think Mchunu can beat half the ranked cruisers if not more but I hope he doesn't linger in anonymity and avoided by promotion. Chambers took him thinking he was going to totally outclass and box him and he got completly schooled at his own game. Pleasant suprise!

Thread Information