Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Next for Golovkin.

For reasons already discussed there's basically nobody for him at 160. Maybe HBO come up with a lot of money and put him in with Martinez. Martinez is going to need a big cheque because he's looking for one massive final payday. If he can't get the Floyd fight and Cotto fights Canelo or goes to Showtime then that just leaves Martinez and GGG. HBO would probably like to make that kind of passing of the torch fight.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Seriously if he can't get Martinez or Quillin next year, he needs to move up to SMW. IT's about time he faced elite opposition. This guy is a titlist and he hasn't fought shit. Kinda like how Bute used to be.

No more bums like Rosado and Stevens who is one step up from a midget. I really want to see him up against somebody who is just as big, young, and capable as he is.

If he can't get Martinez or Quillin, there's no point in staying unless he wants to make easy defenses like Bernard used to do at 160.
    Rosado is a bum? Did very well against Quillin.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Seriously if he can't get Martinez or Quillin next year, he needs to move up to SMW. IT's about time he faced elite opposition. This guy is a titlist and he hasn't fought shit. Kinda like how Bute used to be.

No more bums like Rosado and Stevens who is one step up from a midget. I really want to see him up against somebody who is just as big, young, and capable as he is.

If he can't get Martinez or Quillin, there's no point in staying unless he wants to make easy defenses like Bernard used to do at 160.
    And in my eyes, beat J'Leon Love, who was busted for PEDs.

jon09 Guest

Golovkin vs Martinez is the only fight that makes sense in the middleweights. Its time for GGG to put up or shut up against the undisputed champ.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 31, the only sure thing is that he needs to make the move into a big fight fast.

Martinez is out until the Spring and intends on fighting Cotto. Regardless, Sampson and Dibella have already stated that he won't be fighting GGG in his first fight back.

Canelo, Quillin and Floyd are with Showtime.

Sturm, Barker, Murray and Geale won't face him. With Murray going to Australia to face Garth, I bet they are setting up the winner with a fight with Geale in Australia, where he has a decent fan base. So, they are out.

He beat Stevens.

How about Rubio? It's not the best fight in the world, but at least he's available. He's an come-forward fighter and although GGG would win, it's a good stay busy fight before one with Martinez is lined up.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that is cuz quillin overlooked him . Everybody has good nights and off nights and quillin wasnt fired up while rosado was very determined to win.

Rosado is a gatekeeper at best and a stepping stone for the elite fighters.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    Golovkin vs Martinez is the only fight that makes sense in the middleweights. Its time for GGG to put up or shut up against the undisputed champ.

Martinez is not the undisputed champ and 3G has been calling him out for two years. If anyone needs to shit of get off the pot its Martinez.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Since 160 isn't a deep division these days, who does he fight? Does Quillin really have any kind of chance? I don't think so at all, and who knows when Martinez will fight again or if he'd want GGG right away returning from surgery and the layoff.

The best opponent I can think of would be Erislandy Lara if he beats Trout I do think Golovkin would get him out of there and he's the bigger man, but at least he'd be fighting someone with real skills and a game plan. Golovkin hasn't really fought a good mover with a jab or good countering ability, my gut feeling is he's actually pretty well suited to that but at least it's interesting. Nobody is going to trade with GGG and get the better of it around 160, he's a beast.
    A match between Quillin/Martinez/GGG in any kind of variation makes more sense to me than them fighting anyone else in the division at this time.

Other notable guys we can throw into the mix is Lara, Sturm, Geale or Barker.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Stevens had a go but that punching power, was just to much Golovkin just gave him a calculated
    beating , very impressive indeed I don't see them lining up to face GGG.
    Sergio would take bad beating, and at this stage in his career he may well retire to be honest
    Murray had Sergio over, GGG would knock him spark out, I don't think Sergio would be at all
    competitive to old and not good enough.
    Cant right Martinez out. He was excellent against Chavez. Occasion/overlooking Murray can explain the poor performance
    I feel the same way, the difference in Martinez from Chavez to Murray was unbelievable. Don't know if he did overlook Murray, came back too soon after surgery and rehab or got caught up in all the BS in Argentina.
    I'm not really defending Martinez here, just trying to make some sense of the drop in his performance.
    The old saying is that fighters can get old from one fight to the next. His next fight should tell us, one way or the other.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me GGG flattens Martinez inside 5
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo?

Bit of a stretch but Alvarez is a strong kid, maybe he could come up n have a go next year.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Martinez is out until the Spring and intends on fighting Cotto. Regardless, Sampson and Dibella have already stated that he won't be fighting GGG in his first fight back.

Sturm, Barker, Murray and Geale won't face him. With Murray going to Australia to face Garth, I bet they are setting up the winner with a fight with Geale in Australia, where he has a decent fan base. So, they are out.
    Hatton (Murray's promoter) had a press conference last week where he announced that Murray would be fighting for the "world" title in February 2014. It was basically a done deal and it woudn't be in the States. Now Golovkin's promoter has said his next fight will be February in Monte Carlo.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Hatton (Murray's promoter) had a press conference last week where he announced that Murray would be fighting for the "world" title in February 2014. It was basically a done deal and it woudn't be in the States. Now Golovkin's promoter has said his next fight will be February in Monte Carlo.

Would you happen to have a link for that? I really hope Murray gets the fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Would you happen to have a link for that? I really hope Murray gets the fight.
    Think it's about 5-6 mins in he starts talking about the "world" title fight being next.

Last edited by Fenster; 11-05-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Fenster - are you suggesting that GGG against Murray will be GGG's announced fight in Monte Carlo in February? It might make sense when considering that Murray can't visit the US due to his criminal history. If so, it could also be against the Sturm/Barker winner in the UK or Germany, right?

Thread Information