Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you believe in God?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I have no idea where anyone got the idea that if evolution is proven, it dismisses creation,I have no idea who came up with the idea that if a creator is proven it dispels evolution?
    I suspect a religion has fucked us over once again drawing up the wrong lines.
    These are material things- evolution, it hasnt anything to do with the spirit of things.

We are talking 3d-4d evolution, the rest to me is above that realm by a long way.
    Why would something of a higher frequency and light speed be bothered controlling material things? Where if it exists the proof is that it has allowed life to form here in this solid dimension and it lets us go like plants. We have deformed ourselves in some cultures dna through many means and we have bettered ourselves in others.
    Religion is stupid thinking God has all the controls. If it wasnt for mankind being allowed his natural course, medicine and doctors through science etc, most of us wouldn't be here I would have died at birth if it wasn't for man and his evolving way.Right or wrong thats whats happening here.
    Yet I still believe in the one God and not religions rules, especially the more controlling ones and the ones that hold women down.
    Evolution can really only disagree with the creation part in literal regards to genesis. If someone believes in a literal interpretation, then there is a very big problem from the Creationist side. Now if someone believes that genesis is simply metaphor, then there isn't really an issue. Of course if it is Intelligent Design/Creationism Philosophy (legally not a science and legally one and the same) in the strictest sense yes there is a place for a creator in the origins of life on earth, the other offshoots such as young earthers (those that believe the earth is only 10K years old, or even younger than that) and that believe Dinosaurs lived beside man etc. They have even more problems with evolution.

The big issue here is that both sides have huge stakes in being right.
    Yeah, genesis as in origin and maybe also Genesis as in the first scripture.

In the beginning there was God- Lets say inter dimensional Conscious dark matter and God said 'sound vibration' let there be light. (which everything is in the material world- Its now proven we and everything are strings of electric light energy vibrating).

So love and light separated;would of been a big bang in descending energy that from within the material itself would appear to be the complete reverse;it would appear from within as expanding.

We are still only talking about in this one dimension,people who talk up God like they know and evolution like they know all seem to forget this dimension is the smallest part of the smallest off shoot of everything. Yet we have the audacity to judge and claim from within this smallest of material areas with eyes ears and material senses that can't see 99% of the whole.
    For me, I am limited to my senses. I agree there is much that we don't understand yet, and probably even more that we can't comprehend due to our limitations. However I also believe very heavily that predictive models offer us the most value. Furthermore I cannot argue noumenon, it is not falsifiable (there is no argument to be made). I don't claim to know all, I simply claim that evolution is a model that works.
    Last edited by killersheep; 11-22-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would suggest reading Gandalfs post and the opposite of what he says is the correct choice.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Science does not support the creation of life in anyway shape or form. I'm not saying evolution didn't happen, I'm just saying it is not fact. So I don't have science proving what I believe and I don't have science proving, beyond a reasonable doubt the theory of evolution. But I will say nowhere in science has it been observed that life comes from anything other than life.
    I'm not sure I understand this. Science is a result of life whether we were around or not and could very well be the basis for it. Science would have been there regardless of someone being there to discover it. For example the laws of gravity existed before Newton wrote them down. The question I guess now is who the cook was for all of this. A designer modeled after the God religions describe or random chance. Both are as unlikely as the other imo.

Something cannot have happened and then be said not to be a fact. If you fell down, you fell down. I think its pretty clear that evolution was and is a fact and its happening around us today from plants and insects to birds, animals etc. Life for the most part finds a way. Polar bears are moving south as the ice melts and Grizzly bears are moving north. There has already been documented offspring. So in effect a new species is at its beginning stages and right in front of our eyes. Life finds a way. That is until our enlightened species came along. Anything even near as successful if you want to call it that as us went extinct and we have been on the fast track behind them since the industrial revolution. To bad we haven't evolved. When we are gone and if theirs anything left after our raping and pillaging life will go merrily along without us and evolve. I mean lets be honest, this planet would be much better off w/o us. Our extinction will be more proof of evolution in many ways but nobody will be around to document it. The human epitaph will read, "thanks for the blink in time and good riddance" signed thee earth.

From nothing, nothing derives does not disprove evolution anymore then it proves a Christian God. Evolution is a result of life. W/o it there is no evolution. Evolution does not prove origin. For all anyone here knows, evolution could be part of the design, plan, whatever. I noticed Aliens were mentioned. Perhaps they are the Gods and they injected us with a conscience for some grand experiment. Ending up as somebody's oil change and that's it is not a pleasant contemplation.

Again I have no problem with the possibility that something intelligent could be behind all of this. If something like that exists then it follows that it would have to be way beyond my comprehension in complexity. I certainly would not attempt to describe such a force using the shifting foundations of human emotion. No way does something that weak create all of this.
    We are the weakness, we are co creators in this and in reality we even choose to kill and eat others,life at others expense etc, aside from all the other horrors we allow to exist here.
    Our choices are still free. People prove the reverse is possible all the time,they are not the victums of circumstance although some believe they were.

Logically the higher conscious state wouldnt get involved in those lower levels evolving that way (in that evil direction).

This 'all controlling God' is the false image, their own books warned them not to worship.

People can be born angry, sometimes starting by blaming their parents with that old cop out "Well I didnt ask to be born"bull shit".
    Some take that feeling to the higher level again as they mature their core belief doesn't; as we see people blame God for creating the whole thing; you know 'Killing in the name of' Some of those who work forces are the same who wear crosses.
    Thats why some fruit cakes march off to fight others ,judge others wrongly even murder prostitutes because they think God is on their side in it and really they just killed themselves and stole someone elses time from them.

That crap of an all controlling God is what man teaches by false claims that you or your past relatives didnt have any choice in your own dna or your evolution. It keeps their followers victims of circumstance which isnt wholly true.
    We chose which way to face and go and we still have the choice which way to face and go.
    Sometimes a rose grows out of a crack in a rock.
    As I have maintained in every thread on the topic, I simply cannot consider any kind of creator regardless of what its name is that is a reflection of us. This same God that rewards and punishes the imperfection it created wont intervene when a Tsunami is about to kill hundreds of thousands of poor people living in grass shacks. This omnipotent being sits and watches while millions of people who had nothing to begin with starve to death. A god that ignores those who he sent his son for. A god that snapped its fingers and created this planet and everything on it in mere days. Oh I know, its all part of a divine plan.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Science does not support the creation of life in anyway shape or form. I'm not saying evolution didn't happen, I'm just saying it is not fact. So I don't have science proving what I believe and I don't have science proving, beyond a reasonable doubt the theory of evolution. But I will say nowhere in science has it been observed that life comes from anything other than life.
    I'm not sure I understand this. Science is a result of life whether we were around or not and could very well be the basis for it. Science would have been there regardless of someone being there to discover it. For example the laws of gravity existed before Newton wrote them down. The question I guess now is who the cook was for all of this. A designer modeled after the God religions describe or random chance. Both are as unlikely as the other imo.

Something cannot have happened and then be said not to be a fact. If you fell down, you fell down. I think its pretty clear that evolution was and is a fact and its happening around us today from plants and insects to birds, animals etc. Life for the most part finds a way. Polar bears are moving south as the ice melts and Grizzly bears are moving north. There has already been documented offspring. So in effect a new species is at its beginning stages and right in front of our eyes. Life finds a way. That is until our enlightened species came along. Anything even near as successful if you want to call it that as us went extinct and we have been on the fast track behind them since the industrial revolution. To bad we haven't evolved. When we are gone and if theirs anything left after our raping and pillaging life will go merrily along without us and evolve. I mean lets be honest, this planet would be much better off w/o us. Our extinction will be more proof of evolution in many ways but nobody will be around to document it. The human epitaph will read, "thanks for the blink in time and good riddance" signed thee earth.

From nothing, nothing derives does not disprove evolution anymore then it proves a Christian God. Evolution is a result of life. W/o it there is no evolution. Evolution does not prove origin. For all anyone here knows, evolution could be part of the design, plan, whatever. I noticed Aliens were mentioned. Perhaps they are the Gods and they injected us with a conscience for some grand experiment. Ending up as somebody's oil change and that's it is not a pleasant contemplation.

Again I have no problem with the possibility that something intelligent could be behind all of this. If something like that exists then it follows that it would have to be way beyond my comprehension in complexity. I certainly would not attempt to describe such a force using the shifting foundations of human emotion. No way does something that weak create all of this.
    We are the weakness, we are co creators in this and in reality we even choose to kill and eat others,life at others expense etc, aside from all the other horrors we allow to exist here.
    Our choices are still free. People prove the reverse is possible all the time,they are not the victums of circumstance although some believe they were.

Logically the higher conscious state wouldnt get involved in those lower levels evolving that way (in that evil direction).

This 'all controlling God' is the false image, their own books warned them not to worship.

People can be born angry, sometimes starting by blaming their parents with that old cop out "Well I didnt ask to be born"bull shit".
    Some take that feeling to the higher level again as they mature their core belief doesn't; as we see people blame God for creating the whole thing; you know 'Killing in the name of' Some of those who work forces are the same who wear crosses.
    Thats why some fruit cakes march off to fight others ,judge others wrongly even murder prostitutes because they think God is on their side in it and really they just killed themselves and stole someone elses time from them.

That crap of an all controlling God is what man teaches by false claims that you or your past relatives didnt have any choice in your own dna or your evolution. It keeps their followers victims of circumstance which isnt wholly true.
    We chose which way to face and go and we still have the choice which way to face and go.
    Sometimes a rose grows out of a crack in a rock.
    As I have maintained in every thread on the topic, I simply cannot consider any kind of creator regardless of what its name is that is a reflection of us. This same God that rewards and punishes the imperfection it created wont intervene when a Tsunami is about to kill hundreds of thousands of poor people living in grass shacks. This omnipotent being sits and watches while millions of people who had nothing to begin with starve to death. A god that ignores those who he sent his son for. A god that snapped its fingers and created this planet and everything on it in mere days. Oh I know, its all part of a divine plan.
    That to me is exactly the explanation of the false image of God worshiped world wide.

The thing is this; those thoughts go along perfectly with the bought and sold invented God of jealousy and vengeance. Put yourself in the same position except think of it from a loving Gods perspective instead.
    If your children were determined to go it all alone in the reverse direction to your suggestion (into material); would you stop them physically would you lock the door? Or would you give them warnings of the traps that await them in the direction they chose to head and give them all they require to survive or fail and an open door each way forever?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would suggest reading Gandalfs post and the opposite of what he says is the correct choice.
    Why?

Is it because I tell you what a tiny sliver of hope it is that you are holding onto, something that appears to be complete delusion. Does that offend you in some way, does it upset your ordered mind that I think all of your convictions are most likely to be false ones? I argue my points on this logically, whilst you rely on a book written by Jewish men in primitive times. I on the other hand swim in the ocean of knowledge granted by the diligence and effort of scientists.

The opposite of what I say is not the correct choice. You fear and loathe my views because I threaten you and your orthodoxy. Doctrine is as easily ripped apart as a paper sky. Religion is the last refuse for those who cannot maintain an adult discussion on life and the universe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aint that one of the first rules here in Saddo?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Why?

Is it because I tell you what a tiny sliver of hope it is that you are holding onto, something that appears to be complete delusion. Does that offend you in some way, does it upset your ordered mind that I think all of your convictions are most likely to be false ones? I argue my points on this logically, whilst you rely on a book written by Jewish men in primitive times. I on the other hand swim in the ocean of knowledge granted by the diligence and effort of scientists.

The opposite of what I say is not the correct choice. You fear and loathe my views because I threaten you and your orthodoxy. Doctrine is as easily ripped apart as a paper sky. Religion is the last refuse for those who cannot maintain an adult discussion on life and the universe.
    no

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the rule is agree to disagree , we all have our views , I personally do not believe , however it is wrong of anyone to try to preach or change peoples minds. , have your opinion be happy and get on with life. Doesn't need to get any more complicated than that. You get one shot on this earth , it is not about how long we live , it is about what we do with the time that is given to us.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information