Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WBO orders Burns-Crawford

On Friday, WBO championship Committee Chairman Luis Bastista-Salas informed Matchroom Sport and Top Rank that they have 30 days to reach an agreement for a clash between WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns and mandatory challenger Terrance Crawford. If no deal is reached, a purse bid will be ordered. Minumum bid price is $150,000. Either party can call for a purse bid at any time during the negotiation process.

-FightNews

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBO orders Burns-Crawford

I like purse bids. Its as fair as fair can be in a world where venues are almost dictated and all the double dipping with in house fights. Ricky is in real tough with Crawford and could use the home town boost.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like this Ricky Burns is screwed.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    If Burns fights Crawford in the USA, he'll need a KO. He won't get a decision win in the USA on a Top Rank card.

But Ricky can win in the UK. Crawford is an overly-defensive boxer who is often afraid to commit his punches. If Burns is in his best form, with a good work-rate he can defeat Crawford, fairly and without controversy.

Hopefully Hearn will be willing to spend enough to win the purse bid and make the fight in Scotland.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    If Burns fights Crawford in the USA, he'll need a KO. He won't get a decision win in the USA on a Top Rank card.

But Ricky can win in the UK. Crawford is an overly-defensive boxer who is often afraid to commit his punches. If Burns is in his best form, with a good work-rate he can defeat Crawford, fairly and without controversy.

Hopefully Hearn will be willing to spend enough to win the purse bid and make the fight in Scotland.
    Bruh, Ricky Burns could fight anywhere in the UK and he'd still get his ass kicked by Crawford.

Crawford isn't always defense. He fights down to the style of his opponents and I can assure you that he'd get offensive against Burns.

Crawford dont need any hometown/promoter advantage to beat BUrns dude.

EZ fight for Crawford

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Burns is some what underrated. He's a good fighter that everybody assumes will always lose when matched against a good fighter. Burns seems to find a way to win because he is a good fighter himself. He just doesn't get for being one like he should. I think him against Crawford is a good matchup. I can see it going either way.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    I think Burns is some what underrated. He's a good fighter that everybody assumes will always lose when matched against a good fighter. Burns seems to find a way to win because he is a good fighter himself. He just doesn't get for being one like he should. I think him against Crawford is a good matchup. I can see it going either way.
    i see it differently with burns. i feel like he isnt that great but is an overachiever. i think that crawford will win the fight fairly easily although i wouldnt be completely shocked if burns won.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott22 View Post
    What are you shooting on about? Since he won his world title he has been a big fav in all his defences. The fact he has performed so poorly in the latest would suggest he is very much overrated. He was 1/7 to bear the rican and 1/4 v Beltran.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Burns is one of the biggest overachievers in boxing. When he was Commonwealth Champion I didn't think he'd go anywhere. I certainly didn't think he'd be a 2 division world champion who'd knock out Kevin Mitchell. I think it stands to reason that because of this, they have to match him carefully because he's done well, but he isn't a world class fighter by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd expect Crawford to beat him, but people are jumping on the Crawford bandwagon and he isn't really all that IMO.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a good fight, I'm not totally sold on Crawford but he should beat Burns pretty convincingly imo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It's a good fight, I'm not totally sold on Crawford but he should beat Burns pretty convincingly imo.
    lol yea ok. Try thinking for yourself sometimes.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

Says the guy who has recently made threads seeking advice on what type of woman to marry, what type of booze to drink, what type of cigars to smoke, how to sleep, whether he should believe in god and who knows what else. Good stuff man, you're a laugh.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

Says the guy who has recently made threads seeking advice on what type of woman to marry, what type of booze to drink, what type of cigars to smoke, how to sleep, whether he should believe in god and who knows what else. Good stuff man, you're a laugh.
    That's why we have discussion forums, to hear opinions. It's not about seeking advice..

You dont know shit about boxing, son. Why dont u go play choochoo train with ur faggot stepbrother and his bf.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Considering the topics you've requested "opinions" on, I'd say that's about the definition of semantics. I think I know enough about boxing for someone whose just a fan, not that it should matter. You do create a lot of threads here and most of them are actually about boxing, I'll make more of an effort to ignore replying to you directly in light of that I guess.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not either. Its a tough fight for Ricky but its definitely winnable. You can see the talent in Crawford but he has a low work rate imo and that's where Ricky can capitalize. The guy is totally untested and appears to be one of these lazy counter punchers. That Klimov fight almost put me into a coma. The best guy on his ledger is Prescott. A guy with a punch that could not box his way out of a doorway.

Its troubling sometimes to me at just how much the venue means today in the sport. I hate to say it but in many instances it has actually decided the fight either by dubious officials or the traveling fighter mentally collapsing.

Thread Information