Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Has David Haye got it right?

Always been a fan of David boxing wise, viewed most of his fights live, including in Germany.

You have to wonder if his financial strategy is maybe bang on, unlike some of his contemporaries.

He lets the hype jobs, including two from Warren (chairman of the Warren Boxing Organisation) pay him fantastic money for doing Enzo and Chis, then gets even more for a mis match against Audrey! He is now set for another set to against that respected 'contender' Tyson Fury for another shedload of dough.

I hope David does well title wise but I fear the Klit cartel will keep him out, but its great that a quality boxer can make a good living by busting overblown ego's like these.

Hope he retires with a good pile, bit remeniscent of Billy Walker, good luck to him.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Has David Haye got it right?

David Haye is the 2nd best heavyweight in the world today. Super slick, some of the fastest reflexes ever seen at HW, great handspeed and knockout power! Probably Wladimir Klitschko's best win.

I don't think current Vitali wants any of that, no matter what rumours circulate and Haye remains the strongest threat to Wladimir to date.

I think he's got it pretty right!

Other great opponents for Haye would be Chris Arreola, Bermane Stiverne, Deontay Wilder, Denis Boytsov.

Historically I would have liked to see a Holyfield/Haye or Tyson/Haye battle. I think Haye's speed, defence and power would have maybe gotten it over Holyfield but I think David's more unstable chin might have been his undoing against Tyson.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have got to be kidding me. The second best heavyweight in the division? Shear comedy. The best guy on his lodge pole is a seven foot sloth. The irony is that he should be the second best in the division with this less then stellar bunch.
    I like David Haye and thought that he would blast out the division and even bought his Wlad shtick but he’s an inkblot historically as a heavyweight. He has a legacy to a degree at Cruiser but he’s been a let down for me as a heavyweight. Bit of an underachiever. With his speed, power and athleticism he could have beaten several real players in this average division instead of getting into this celebrity boxing. Oh I’m sure he will leave the game as a multimillionaire. So he does have that legacy.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's obviously a good self promoter and will have been paid incredibly well for what he's actually done in the ring since becoming a HW. In that sense he's a lot smarter than most fighters and will retire in great shape, so sure he's got it right.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I think Haye has slain enough giants now to prove he is at the top. Why should he fight more mundane fighters than the very best when he's already established himself top contender material.

I think Haye won more rounds against Wladimir than is given credit for and was a more even fight. Haye's workrate was what let him down, obviously because he was cautious of Wlad's power. It was Wlad's toughest fight since Samuel Peter. Still despite Haye's lackadaisical performance he laid out the blueprint to defeat Wladimir for a fast defensive outfighter with a big punch.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A pathetic human, who only seeks fame to boost his fragile self worth.
    Not someone I would seek to replicate, he was never heavyweight champion and he never will be.
    David please stick to the jungle or whatever Z-list celebrity shows will have you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Well I think Haye has slain enough giants now to prove he is at the top. Why should he fight more mundane fighters than the very best when he's already established himself top contender material.

I think Haye won more rounds against Wladimir than is given credit for and was a more even fight. Haye's workrate was what let him down, obviously because he was cautious of Wlad's power. It was Wlad's toughest fight since Samuel Peter. Still despite Haye's lackadaisical performance he laid out the blueprint to defeat Wladimir for a fast defensive outfighter with a big punch.
    The blueprint to beating wladimir is definitely not to fight a defensive fight, otherwise he'd have like twenty losses by now seeing as everyone becomes a defensive boxer once they're in with him. Beating wlad stylistically will take an effot akin to povektins imo.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should elaborate.

Firstly what you said used to have merit, pressure fighters with chin and pop like Sanders, Brewster, Peter and Povetkin and if he ever fought him Chisora who try to bull their way inside and land money shots on Wladimir used to have the blue print. But modern Wladimir is far too defensive to ever succumb to such methods, he will just tie them up hug and lean his massive frame on them, tire them out. He learned his lessons since Sanders and Peter. This type of opponent will never trouble Wlad again.

Haye is different than the other guys like Thompson and Chagaev, Ibragimov and Chambers.

Haye is faster, has decent range, likes to hang on the outside and dart in for quick explosive attacks and get the hell out relatively unharmed. He can do this with Wladimir and survive all fight if he is very focussed asnd sharp and because he hits hard enough to deck Wladimir he only has to land the lottery ticket once to have Wlad in trouble.

I would like to see Wlad/Haye 2 with Haye's toe being in good repair haha. Seriously though I think he could do better. Even a 30% chance is better than Povetkin with no chance!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. The second best heavyweight in the division? Shear comedy. The best guy on his lodge pole is a seven foot sloth. The irony is that he should be the second best in the division with this less then stellar bunch.
    I like David Haye and thought that he would blast out the division and even bought his Wlad shtick but he’s an inkblot historically as a heavyweight. He has a legacy to a degree at Cruiser but he’s been a let down for me as a heavyweight. Bit of an underachiever. With his speed, power and athleticism he could have beaten several real players in this average division instead of getting into this celebrity boxing. Oh I’m sure he will leave the game as a multimillionaire. So he does have that legacy.

I feel the same way. I was behind him to dethrone the Klits and he had many of us fooled. Then he fought scared and embarrassed himself further by making excuses. A great talent and a great waste of it at heavyweight. His domination of Chisora was proof that Haye could be doing so much more.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Half agree! He did talk himself into the Wlad fight and spew some major trash, but one should put little stock in what a fighter says where a payday is concerned, it's just good for the wallet to run the mouth a bit. I'm half inclined to rewatch Wlad-Haye in light of the Povetkin fight, perhaps Hayes drop to the mat tactics were more in hopes that Wlad would actually be warned for fouling than we realize, either way it made for garbage viewing though.

Not sure that the Chisora fight proves all that much aside from the obvious, Haye is one of the only explosive punchers in the division. For me Chisora would be just as likely to get KO'ed against Wilder, even Jennings or Arreola for that matter, and he did seem to be coming on against Haye a little bit until the end came for what thats worth.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually agree that Haye is 2nd best HW right now.

But I also agree he's cashed in on mugs and tomato cans.

He should have had a few more great wins, instead he's semi retired and just making cash.

But I suppose that's not a bad thing, if ppl will pay to see you knock out Tyson Fury then obviously they're getting what they want because they paid for it.

Hayes really only unlinked by big boxing fans,but liked a lot by the general public.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is an asshole for what he said before the Wlad fight , Haye has power but not the durability to have a war at HW.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to believe david is the 2nd best heavyweight but it cant be the case.

David has made alot of money and he will be okay with or without boxing.

We all have a go at Wlad and his opponents but haye was possibly the worst performance i have ever seen against Wlad.

It was so bad that haye knows internally that he had no effect whatsoever and it scared him into retirement.

Haye should have been using his youth and speed to be fighting every other heavyweight under the sun and making waves in this divison.

Now he wants a shot at vitali for another big 10m payday (cant blame him) but i really really hope fury can do a number on haye but i know the odds are against him.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if fought with in the rules of boxing haye v wlad would be an interesting fight

i personally think it would have gone the other way

i also think that haye is wlads best win because peak of peak he would have beaten all of wlads other opponents
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Haye is an asshole for what he said before the Wlad fight , Haye has power but not the durability to have a war at HW.
    Another great word that can be used to describe haye:- Durability.

He is missing that factor big time and that is his main weakness.

Thread Information