Thread: Froch vs. Groves: Predictions?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs. Groves: Predictions?

Can't see any other outcome than a Froch win. Even if it's a close fight and it goes to points I think Froch gets the decision. I don't think Froch stops him and I think Groves will have his moments but Froch will win seven or eight rounds clearly.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch stoppage late or points win after Groves tires.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl will win in 10 rounds in a come from behind victory. Groves will take the lead by out manoeuvring Carl but will lose concentration and Carl rescues it like he did vs Taylor

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Andy Lee is now fighting on the undercard which means Adam Booth will be in his corner........

Wonder if he makes contact with Groves pre fight or what effect this might have on Groves mind..?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is kinda fun.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

this is kinda fun.

Im liking Groves nerve. I now want him to win but not sure if he will.

I liked in the final press conference how McCracken and Froch were gigling together while groves was talking but when George said "they say iv got a bad chin but ive never been knocked out. They say Carl has KO power but when was the last time he KO'd someone?". They both went stoney faced.

It has gotten to McCracken too. I am still expecting Booth to turn up and ts funny someone mentioned Booth being the weird gingerbread man mascott thing as its a little short arse like Booth aswell and in the media workout, walking to the ring out of all the people entering in Groves team, Eddie Hearn only bumps fists with George and the mascott. Not Paddy or any of the others. Although I doubt hed be there as that is pointless.

This is funny too http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDikAGAEsM0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless the Kessler fight was Froch's last hurrah and it took everything out of him, he should win this comfortably.

The more I see of Groves, the more I see an "elusive" fighter who is actually quite easy to hit. He'll probably run and try to frustrate Froch, but Carl will catch up with him at some point, trap him against the ropes and force the referee to step in.

I don't see it going more than 5 or 6 rounds.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonesque View Post
    Unless the Kessler fight was Froch's last hurrah and it took everything out of him, he should win this comfortably.

The more I see of Groves, the more I see an "elusive" fighter who is actually quite easy to hit. He'll probably run and try to frustrate Froch, but Carl will catch up with him at some point, trap him against the ropes and force the referee to step in.

I don't see it going more than 5 or 6 rounds.
    Even Abraham manged to catch up with Dirrell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the build up to and the hype of the fight week it gets u up for it, It wouldn't supprise me if Adam booth like some sort of circus act....... This fight has the making of a proper slugfest I only see froch winning this 1 with his chin holding out and the reason I love watching groves cause I think he has the same sort of amir Kahn vunrability as u never know what u gunna get from him

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What times the weigh in..?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is a strong puncher because he puts alot of effort in to each shot. Je hasnt got the snappy sort of sharpness and speed to have one shot KOs. I think he will struggle to land any of those kids of shots on George.

George will be well aware of his chin and wont be in front of Carl trading. Kessler is a sharp puncher but he also trades and relies on his chin but so many fighters who have faced Froch have said the same thing, hes slow. He is a bit like Abraham that he will plod along at the same pace all night and not slow. If Groves has anything and has speed then he will be a nightmare for a wound up Froch.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing will surprise me in this one , I will go with the champ but I agree that groves may well cause froch loads of problems.
    I wouldn't even be surprised if froch has to get off the floor to win this one.
    Foch ko 7 but I wouldn't put money on it.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've watched the Froch Ward fight a few times, and Ward landed very clean counter shots on Froch on many occasions. Anyone think Groves has better power than Andre Ward?

If Groves does, then Froch may well find himself on the floor, as he isn't incredibly hard to hit on the counter at all, especially if he gets frustrated at Groves movement. Thing is, I, like others have already mentioned, don't think Groves can keep Froch off him for a full 12 rounds, and thinks he has a bit of a vulnerable chin and at certain points in the fight you'll see small wars break out. Not toe to toe, as that would be stupid for Groves, but certainly here and there at the end of the rounds.

If I was forced to bet, I'd say Froch by stoppage mid way through the fight 6-8. I have this vision that the fight ends up looking a little bit like Katsidis vs Mitchell, just a little later.....
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 11-22-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    I've watched the Froch Ward fight a few times, and Ward landed very clean counter shots on Froch on many occasions. Anyone think Groves has better power than Andre Ward?

If Groves does, then Froch may well find himself on the floor, as he isn't incredibly hard to hit on the counter at all, especially if he gets frustrated at Groves movement. Thing is, I, like others have already mentioned, don't think Groves can keep Froch off him for a full 12 rounds, and thinks he has a bit of a vulnerable chin and at certain points in the fight you'll see small wars break out. Not toe to toe, as that would be stupid for Groves, but certainly here and there at the end of the rounds.

If I was forced to bet, I'd say Froch by stoppage mid way through the fight 6-8. I have this vision that the fight ends up looking a little bit like Katsidis vs Mitchell, just a little later.....
    could be a good shout although the difference could be that i heard mitchell wasnt in good shape for kat

could have just been an excuse tho
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really care who wins, I've sided with Groves because he's the underdog, but really I'm just hopeful he puts up a good fight.

But also Froch is unbearable, he's not even the best supermiddle in the world but talks like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. "I'm not blowing my own trumpet but".....every fucking interview
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information