Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: SKY SPORTS PPV - Froch V GROVES -Battle of Britain- Sat Fight Night CHAT THREAD

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That wa a fantastic fight ruined by a shit ref. apart from the bullshit stoppage Froch should have got a point taken off him for constantly hitting when told to break. Froch was far more hurt in round 1 and 6 an was given and absolute gift.

This fight completely exposed Froch for the average fighter he is and shows what an absolute cunt he is the way he was talking after the fight. Absolutely gutted for Groves he deserved so much better
    Last edited by Silkeyjoe; 11-24-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SKY SPORTS PPV - Froch V GROVES -Battle of Britain- Sat Fight Night CHAT THREAD

Has to be a rematch here ,a bad call by the ref groves well ahead,groves needs to learn to hold on when hurt rather then fight his way out of it ,or even to take a knee down as he should have done as he was well ahead at that time,when froch was in full flow,

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SKY SPORTS PPV - Froch V GROVES -Battle of Britain- Sat Fight Night CHAT THREAD

The ref could not stop the fight fast enough to save Froch and Hearn ppv platform. It was a disgrace.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Even as the biggest Froch fan that was not on, Froch was behind I think... And was gaining command of the fight but that wasn't a stoppage...
    You knew

Last night, during the bout, the Froch iv always complained about was there. Too slow, left out of position because he spends too long looking the floor, leaves his left low like hes Roy Jones.

The one thing more than anything that saved Froch last night was his toughness. I dont even think Groves is that fantastic. I think Kessler beats him and hed have massive problems with Bika marauding him all night.

Froch finally had a young, quick puncher in front of him. I think Groves could win a rematch but he's probably not strong enough.

I think DeGale would beat Froch. DeGale seems to have a good chin and would land all night against plodder Froch.

Its a shame for Carl after all hes done and the titles hes held, hes probably not even the best super middle in england

Imagine had that been Calzaghe how static Froch would have looked.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Bika ever had the misfortune to meet Groves in the ring, George would hammer him so far into the canvas the visiting Cockneys would mistake him for potted shrimp. The idea that Groves is not strong enough to win a rematch is pretty far out even for you Ross, I am guessing your meal out meant you missed the first few rounds ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    If Bika ever had the misfortune to meet Groves in the ring, George would hammer him so far into the canvas the visiting Cockneys would mistake him for potted shrimp. The idea that Groves is not strong enough to win a rematch is pretty far out even for you Ross, I am guessing your meal out meant you missed the first few rounds ?
    I caught it from the 8th and when the stoppage came to my surprise the whole pub errupted with "bullshit" I then found out Groves had floored Froch HARD in the first which I delighted at

Bika is not like Froch. He will be in your face all night pushing you back. When Froch did press Groves, Groves didn't look world class. He put up a high guard and closed his eyes and was a sitting duck. Froch just isn't good enough to take advantage.

I have now seen the whole fight on youtube and the 6 th round alone should be enough for Carl to watch and think he was lucky. The commentators constantly ripped Froch for how slow he was and how he couldn't match George in any department. That will break Carls heart when he watches it back, sees how shit he is and has to listen to everyone giving it to him and then complaining about the stoppage after. The boos hurt him, you could see that on his face on the ring apron interview.

Put Bika in with Froch and Froch gets stopped for the first time.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    I caught it from the 8th and when the stoppage came to my surprise the whole pub errupted with "bullshit" I then found out Groves had floored Froch HARD in the first which I delighted at

Bika is not like Froch. He will be in your face all night pushing you back. When Froch did press Groves, Groves didn't look world class. He put up a high guard and closed his eyes and was a sitting duck. Froch just isn't good enough to take advantage.

I have now seen the whole fight on youtube and the 6 th round alone should be enough for Carl to watch and think he was lucky. The commentators constantly ripped Froch for how slow he was and how he couldn't match George in any department. That will break Carls heart when he watches it back, sees how shit he is and has to listen to everyone giving it to him and then complaining about the stoppage after. The boos hurt him, you could see that on his face on the ring apron interview.

Put Bika in with Froch and Froch gets stopped for the first time.
    I really dont get you Ross. Bika is an average fighter. He struggled with an absolute tomato can in his last, which for some reason you also rate. Froch and Groves both beat Bika easily, either by late stoppage or wide points decision. Im pretty certain Dirrell will beat him easily in his next fight.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For Bika's well being, I hope he doesn't face St. George.. George might give him brain damage..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    For Bika's well being, I hope he doesn't face St. George.. George might give him brain damage..
    Your dreaming!

Out of everyone that Ward has fought, Bika gave him him nightmares. He also gave Calzaghe one of his hardest fights and acordimg to Calzaghe is the hardest puncher he faced.

If he can give people like that triuble and still has enough left to win a world title, je will catch and hurt Groves. When Froch did press Groves, George looked a bit clueless, looking at the floor and covering up. Bika wouldnt paw with a week jab because hes intimidated by Georges speed. He didnt do that with Ward. He would maraud forward.

Groves is good but Froch being slow is what made Groves look better, the difference in speed complimented George and is now making people question whether Carl is slowing and finished. Carl has always been this slow.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your dreaming!

Out of everyone that Ward has fought, Bika gave him him nightmares. He also gave Calzaghe one of his hardest fights and acordimg to Calzaghe is the hardest puncher he faced.

If he can give people like that triuble and still has enough left to win a world title, je will catch and hurt Groves. When Froch did press Groves, George looked a bit clueless, looking at the floor and covering up. Bika wouldnt paw with a week jab because hes intimidated by Georges speed. He didnt do that with Ward. He would maraud forward.

Groves is good but Froch being slow is what made Groves look better, the difference in speed complimented George and is now making people question whether Carl is slowing and finished. Carl has always been this slow.
    Bika has lost every time he had stepped up. He is Glen Johnson, only instead of losing questionably he loses clearly and always tires late in fights. Groves would beat on him and stop him or win a wide decision. Froch would beat him too. Bika is a gatekeeper at best. If Bika couldn't knock Bute's weak chin out, how in the world is he going to stop Froch? Seriously what planet are you on? I think you just post the opposite of reality on this forum just to get a rise out of people.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Your dreaming!

Bika has lost every time he had stepped up. He is Glen Johnson, only instead of losing questionably he loses clearly and always tires late in fights. Groves would beat on him and stop him or win a wide decision. Froch would beat him too. Bika is a gatekeeper at best. If Bika couldn't knock Bute's weak chin out, how in the world is he going to stop Froch? Seriously what planet are you on? I think you just post the opposite of reality on this forum just to get a rise out of people.
    So has George

Differenceis Bika has fought some of the very best pound for pound fighters of the last 10 years and has pushed them hard and not come close to getting stopped by them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    The referee fucked up royally but on second viewing I reckon he got a really shit view of two punches that looked like they were bang on the button and hard. Groves was falling about, the referee sees two monster hits bounce of Groves head and steps in. He was wrong, but I can see possibly what he was seeing.
    This is my same point but the casual fans on here are not having it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    The referee fucked up royally but on second viewing I reckon he got a really shit view of two punches that looked like they were bang on the button and hard. Groves was falling about, the referee sees two monster hits bounce of Groves head and steps in. He was wrong, but I can see possibly what he was seeing.
    I've since changed my mind on that I think the referee got a better look than all of us and saw clean hits on Groves that the live TV camera shot didnt see. That said it was still harsh on Groves who'd put in a monster effort to that point.

Foster got it wrong but again I dont see the travesty that some people are seing.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Casual fans ? WTF are you talking about. The majority of fans do not agree with you. Pundits, boxers and Journalists the world over do not agree with you and yet your only retort is to claim they are all casual fans ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hardly a retort! Ha ha ha

Ok I'll agree with you groves is a monster and should move up and destroy the klitschkos and mayweather on the way!
    Christ almighty

Thread Information