Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sorry Tam Seddon

We've all been there--when our favorite fighter underperforms. Froch is a bad man and a proven warrior. Keep your chin up.

The only winner constant winner in boxing is Father Time. While 37 is not old in the grand scheme of things, in boxing most fighters begin to see a decrease in ability by then. Froch is no exception.

May he end his career on a high note.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That would Invole him fighting again and winning convincingly.
    Froch did nothing wrong last night (few dirty tricks out of desperation) until he opened his mouth after the fight ;-)
    Trust me he lost a lot of fans last night.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sorry Tam Seddon

To be honest I was totally impressed by the way he conducted himself after the fight.

He made it clear that Groves was a boy and the audience were a bunch of naive idiots, which was true.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    To be honest I was totally impressed by the way he conducted himself after the fight.

He made it clear that Groves was a boy and the audience were a bunch of naive idiots, which was true.
    ha, what?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl continues to act like a baby spitting his dummy out and even refusing to shake George's hand after the fight and you think he is the mature one ? are all the ex pros, boxing journalists, pundits and fans around the world who watched incredulously after the fight was stopped and the judges points revealed naive?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I posted this is another thread:

No doubt Froch was behind and Groves did well. He's been miles better in other fights and it was frustrating to see him getting beat like that. However he kept going forward and recovered after the first round. When he fights Groves again he will have to adjust and box more himself.

I was annoyed the ref stopped the fight because Froch did have Groves hurt and nobody can deny that. Froch is known to come on strong in fights and if anybody was capable of stopping Groves late Froch could have done that. I do think Froch would have knocked him out and I think he will do it again next time. They need a different referee who's willing to for the action to carry on and Froch will have him out of there.

I don't see Groves being able to box like that for 12 rounds in a rematch, no doubt he will be able to get rounds against Froch because Groves was good. But Froch will find a way again to hurt Groves and wear him down. Froch will need to improve though but I see him still being able to stand up to groves' punches and this time will be more aware of his power and abilities. Same with McCracken, he will know Groves better now and work on a more effective game plan.

People shouldn't write Froch off though , he proved he's a warrior though and we already knew. All fighters can have difficulty in fights but he did well to hurt Groves and get back into it , that's what true champions do.

I was frustrated though no doubt, it's not good at all seeing your favourite fighter nearly lose like that. But he did bounce back though after a very poor start. A rematch is the only way to settle this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The stoppage was crap! Froch was in worse condition after he got up in round 1. Groves wasn't given the opportunity to recover. Sure he was hurt but no worse than Froch had been earlier. Ref ripped off everyone!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch will give groves a rematch.
    He wont do a calzaghe.

Froch was doing all that strictly come dancing or whatever dancing program stuff and no matter what he says hes mind isnt in it anymore.

Groves is the next supastar and i cant knock his stamina as the fight was stopped so we dont know what groves had left in the tank.

Bring on the rematch, but if it goes past 8 it will still favor froch...but, froch might not be the same anymore..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

No doubt Froch was behind and Groves did well. He's been miles better in other fights and it was frustrating to see him getting beat like that. However he kept going forward and recovered after the first round. When he fights Groves again he will have to adjust and box more himself.

I was annoyed the ref stopped the fight because Froch did have Groves hurt and nobody can deny that. Froch is known to come on strong in fights and if anybody was capable of stopping Groves late Froch could have done that. I do think Froch would have knocked him out and I think he will do it again next time. They need a different referee who's willing to for the action to carry on and Froch will have him out of there.

I don't see Groves being able to box like that for 12 rounds in a rematch, no doubt he will be able to get rounds against Froch because Groves was good. But Froch will find a way again to hurt Groves and wear him down. Froch will need to improve though but I see him still being able to stand up to groves' punches and this time will be more aware of his power and abilities. Same with McCracken, he will know Groves better now and work on a more effective game plan.

People shouldn't write Froch off though , he proved he's a warrior though and we already knew. All fighters can have difficulty in fights but he did well to hurt Groves and get back into it , that's what true champions do.

I was frustrated though no doubt, it's not good at all seeing your favourite fighter nearly lose like that. But he did bounce back though after a very poor start. A rematch is the only way to settle this.
    @Tam Seddon - I just think that either Groves outperformed or Froch isn't where he once was.

I thought Froch had won two rounds going into the final round. I thought Groves had buzzed Froch with his right hand on multiple occasions and I though Froch was more genuinely hurt when Groves put him on his back than I had ever seen him. If that had been earlier in the round, we might have seen a first round knock out.

Froch also seemingly was coming on at the end of the fight. It might have been the typical Froch fight where he forced a late round stoppage after he was down on the cards a la Taylor. I agree that was a distinct possibility.

I just think Froch has been a warrior for so long that if he is going to get outclassed by a rookie on the world level, he needs to think long and hard about his goals in boxing. Then again, he might have come from behind to force a stoppage. Still, there were moments in that fight before the fifth round that I thought to myself, if Groves keeps fighting like this, Froch might not see the end of the bout.

Anyway, Froch is a warrior and as a fan, you should be proud either way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Carl continues to act like a baby spitting his dummy out and even refusing to shake George's hand after the fight and you think he is the mature one ? are all the ex pros, boxing journalists, pundits and fans around the world who watched incredulously after the fight was stopped and the judges points revealed naive?
    You should have actually listened to the interview.

Not bring funny but Froch obviously offends you because you spent most of it posting "shut up" on here

Froch actually took the time to explain why he didn't initially shake hands, explained the subsequent conversation that took place between the two and then confirmed that they did shake hands. He made it all very clear IMO. This isn't a popularity contest, it's a sit down between two men wrongly portrayed as pantomime. There is a brutal and undeniable 'truth' (for want of a better word) about Carl that I admire.

I wouldn't suggest you go back and watch it though... I have no intention of changing your mind.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 11-26-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

You should actually listen to the interview.

Not bring funny but Froch obviously offends you because you spent most of it posting "shut up" on here

Froch actually took the time to explain why he didn't initially shake hands, explained the subsequent conversation that took place between the two and then confirmed that they did shake hands. He made it all very clear IMO. This isn't a popularity contest, it's a sit down between two men wrongly portrayed as pantomime. There is a brutal and undeniable 'truth' (for want of a better word) about Carl that I admire.

I wouldn't suggest you go back and watch it though... I have no intention of changing your mind.
    i like carl in interviews, his personality makes me more of a fan, and in a round about way he said all those things in his interview after the fight

although this time, i think to win some fans back he needs to just take his foot off the gas a bit

for a start the vast majority of people think it was a terrible stoppage, i am one of those people, yet there is no give at all in what carl is saying, i dont expect anything else from him (in a good way) but he isnt making any friends on this occasion

if groves was an american then he could say that all he likes

in my opinion he should assess the fight a bit differently, even if it were to say, i dont think it was a bad stoppage but i can understand why a lot of people do, or something
    Last edited by erics44; 11-26-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

@Tam Seddon - I just think that either Groves outperformed or Froch isn't where he once was.

I thought Froch had won two rounds going into the final round. I thought Groves had buzzed Froch with his right hand on multiple occasions and I though Froch was more genuinely hurt when Groves put him on his back than I had ever seen him. If that had been earlier in the round, we might have seen a first round knock out.

Froch also seemingly was coming on at the end of the fight. It might have been the typical Froch fight where he forced a late round stoppage after he was down on the cards a la Taylor. I agree that was a distinct possibility.

I just think Froch has been a warrior for so long that if he is going to get outclassed by a rookie on the world level, he needs to think long and hard about his goals in boxing. Then again, he might have come from behind to force a stoppage. Still, there were moments in that fight before the fifth round that I thought to myself, if Groves keeps fighting like this, Froch might not see the end of the bout.

Anyway, Froch is a warrior and as a fan, you should be proud either way.
    you two seem to be of the opinion that froch could have caught up with george despite the stoppage, which looking at past performance this is very true

i think its important in the context of this fight tho to add that there was as much chance of george ending it with one more big right

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves went after Froch and outclassed, outbrawled and outworked him.

If Groves does the same on the backfoot and takes it slow I think he takes a 120-108 UD. <~~~~ this is made worse boy the fact I actually like Froch (or liked).

The 2 judges that had it 4 rounds each were insane.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im confused as to why anyone has lost any respect for Froch. From what I saw and heard I saw a man who conducted himself well. We'd all pat ourselves on the back for being mature if we took a moment to compose ourselves before responding to someone we feel has mugged us off.

I've got no problem with him basicaly telling the crowd to fuck off. Boo the decision all you like, thats fair enough, but dont boo him, I think the guy has given enough to UK boxing 'fans over the years and did again against Groves.

He said straight away of course Im going to say it was a good stoppage, just as Groves is goin to say it was a bad one. I think Froch underestimated your average boxing fans capacity for stupidity.

George Groves was happy with what Froch had to say to him and was happy with the way they left things. That says it all for me.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information