Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Are these people retarded

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pac doesn't warrant a fight with Floyd? LMAO

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac doesn't warrant a fight with Floyd? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Bradley and garcia deserve the may 3rd slot.

BUT pac and khan will bring in more money.

I hope the right decision is made..lets not forget devon as well.

Not only will PAC and khan bring more money they will give floyd a competitive fight somthing Garcia and bradly are not capable of doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Re: Pac doesn't warrant a fight with Floyd? LMAO

I think Bradley deserves a shot but he's not Showtime is he?

Garcia deserves a shot too.

George Groves deserves a shot ..

El Kabong Guest

As a fan I want to see Pac-Mayweather because it's the best fighters who are at/near the same weight class and are proven to be top tier fighters.

Sure it sucks a bit that Pac has been KO'd since this fight was first discussed but IMO it doesn't change how his style and Floyd's style go together. I think if anything that KO should give Floyd the edge in purse money AND the knowledge that Pac can be hurt by counter punches and who the fuck does that better than Floyd?

Let's be quite honest here Pac-Mayweather is a top of the line Legendary Night kind of matchup even at this point in their careers.....no other fighter can provide Floyd that challenge unless he wants to try out 160 vs Martinez.

It's not that other fighters aren't good but other fighters aren't the cult of personality that Pac is. Tim Bradley doesn't have that kind of following. Pac-Mayweather is like Elvis fighting The Beatles, it's still that big of a fight as far as fans are concerned.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    As a fan I want to see Pac-Mayweather because it's the best fighters who are at/near the same weight class and are proven to be top tier fighters.

Sure it sucks a bit that Pac has been KO'd since this fight was first discussed but IMO it doesn't change how his style and Floyd's style go together. I think if anything that KO should give Floyd the edge in purse money AND the knowledge that Pac can be hurt by counter punches and who the fuck does that better than Floyd?

Let's be quite honest here Pac-Mayweather is a top of the line Legendary Night kind of matchup even at this point in their careers.....no other fighter can provide Floyd that challenge unless he wants to try out 160 vs Martinez.

It's not that other fighters aren't good but other fighters aren't the cult of personality that Pac is. Tim Bradley doesn't have that kind of following. Pac-Mayweather is like Elvis fighting The Beatles, it's still that big of a fight as far as fans are concerned.
    Proof you have the most advance brain here in Saddoboxing! Miles could have never came up with such rational brilliance!

Also I think people like to belittle Pac because he struggles against JMM and even got caught cold! IMO JMM and PBF are two different kind of counter puncher. Also JMM has the advantage over PBF when it comes to dealing with Pac because he was in there for over 40 rounds and spread out all throughout Pacs career. PBF has yet to spend a round with anything like Pac and vice versa. Anybody who thinks they know for sure what would happen is a delusional fool.

I think Pac vs PBF is STILL the most demanded fight because of the "what would happen" Its like one of those "if Godzilla fought Kind Kong" kind of dream match. To top it off they are the two most popular and generate the most $$$$$. Nobody else even comes close. For anybody to say Pac doesn't deserve a fight with PBF is a fool. Pac is the fighter of the decade, something Floyd miss out on because he retired and pussied out when Pac was doing Floyds dirty work by cleaning out his division.

Nobody knows for sure how their style will clash unless they get in there and show the world. What I can say for sure is Floyd saw something in Pac for him not to fight and make the most money with. Floyd is a business man and for him not to want the other biggest money maker means a whole lot. Even though the whole world is telling Floyd he would win he still doesn't want to make that much money in one fight for a reason only known to him.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why are we still talking about this, I voiced my opinion a while back so that should have settled it.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Default Re: Pac doesn't warrant a fight with Floyd? LMAOs

What a joke the Pac huggers outnumber the non believers in this site. It would be nice if the totals were confidential but when I saw all the pro Money vs Pac voters names it lost all credability. Only Pac fans want this fight & as much as I dislike both fighters Pac does not deserve Money based on his past accomplishments. He has to take the road back just like any other fighter that gets KTFO as rediculously insane as he did to JMM. Beating a lame, battle worn non skilled Rios is not a launch pad to riches. Hell, no way he should have earned 20 million in a comeback fight to another loser in a comeback fight. A fight perhaps someday but this is a what have you done for me lately sport and Pac simply has not done enough latey. A win over a better foe might have done that. The opponent that he did it against it is what keeps him from warranting a Floyd fight. These huggers have to take it for what it was a safe comeback fight. It was not a if I win I get a floyd fight. Delusional fans! Bradley is best opponent and even that fight is not enough as he already beat him in my and many fight fans minds. JMM is done and will not fight Pac in USA or Macau. So he has to beat a young stud on the top of his game soundly and hope Floyd opts to fight him otherwise Pac fans can keep being 5-year olds playing pretend with their Pac & Floyd dolls. Simply put, Floyd does not need Pac. Money even cherry picks better than Pac. Occasionally takes the marginal risk fight ahead of Pac and then feeds it to the Pac hype machine.
    Last edited by Addicted to_boxing; 11-30-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about a Pac vs. Canelo fight?
    I'd love to see Canelo schooled yet again by another elite fighter.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never voted and have become totally indifferent. I could care less and have not for years now. I'm one of those eternal skeptics who said from the start that the fight had no chance. And that was at a time when it mattered most to boxing, both fighters and the bank accounts. The first word that enters my mind now when considering it is anticlimactic and in fact Oxford might want to add it to its definition in the examples of section.

@El Kabong wrote an amazing short piece on the matter in this very thread and @Julius Rain followed it up nicely and I find myself now actually thinking the fight has a good chance of happening @El Kabong makes a pretty freakin compelling case. The fight has almost come full circle and if people are honest with themselves they will admit that the fight has for better or for worse become relevant again. Oddly enough its still the biggest pay cheque for both men. In addition the pot hole lake is rapidly running out of fish.

Oh and I dont get this Manny has to do something special first mentality. That is like saying Armstrong should have to do something special before he gets to fight Robinson lol.

El Kabong Guest

Thanks for the compliments Inuit.

Also posters who think PAC must further prove himself to earn the big fight....who is there for him to beat that would have you thinking "PAC could test Floyd"? NOBODY that's who!

Just make the fight before it's RJJ-Hopkins II or Joe Calzaghe vs somebody with a pulse

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roach sounds almost desperate to make the fight now. It is as if he knows that Manny needs to cash out before he retires, the signs are there that Manny is not the fighter he use to be.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Roach sounds almost desperate to make the fight now. It is as if he knows that Manny needs to cash out before he retires, the signs are there that Manny is not the fighter he use to be.
    Manny has ALWAYS been the same with marquez.
    All fighters get worse (not inc hopkins)

I agree that roach is desperate but he always has been.

Hopefully, pac can avenge his defeat to bradley and his devastating ko to 40yr old marquez and then in 2015 there could be a chance..if bob arum allows it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People want to see there favorite fighters through rose tinted glasses. Pac has been on the slide now for sometime. The fight against Rios did nothing for me to dispel that fact. Pac looks slower...PERIOD. Is he still a warrior that can put up a good fight...sure...against CERTAIN style matchups. But at this point...the fight with Floyd will simply be a money making event. In the ring...it's a mismatch. If some people want to fool themselves that the Rios fight is an indicator that Pac has what it takes to beat Floyd...get ready for a rude awakening.

El Kabong Guest

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF PAC IS "ON THE SLIDE"

Pacquiao is still the only other "Brand Name" in the weight class for Floyd to fight.

I don't give 2 shits if Pac gets KO'd during the fucking ring walk MAKE THE GOD DAMNED FIGHT! The fans deserve it. And need I remind you that there are very rabid Pac fans and very rabid Mayweather haters who see this as the last chance to see Floyd lose (I mean I don't think so but whatever).

Who will bring Floyd the most money? His nickname is still "Money" right? I mean that's what he cares about? If that's the case then Pac is 10 times the draw anyone else on the short list is and if he's lost a step or two then all the better for Floyd. The main point is we've got the top 2 fighters of this era and they COULD fight but people are all of a sudden worried about if Pac is in his prime? HORSE POOP! Was Tyson in his prime vs Holyfield much less Lewis?

Its a big interesting fight it needs to be made. Any other fight bar maybe Floyd vs Martinez is too fucking simple for Floyd, yeah that's me saying Floyd is THAT great right now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF PAC IS "ON THE SLIDE"

Pacquiao is still the only other "Brand Name" in the weight class for Floyd to fight.

I don't give 2 shits if Pac gets KO'd during the fucking ring walk MAKE THE GOD DAMNED FIGHT! The fans deserve it. And need I remind you that there are very rabid Pac fans and very rabid Mayweather haters who see this as the last chance to see Floyd lose (I mean I don't think so but whatever).

Who will bring Floyd the most money? His nickname is still "Money" right? I mean that's what he cares about? If that's the case then Pac is 10 times the draw anyone else on the short list is and if he's lost a step or two then all the better for Floyd. The main point is we've got the top 2 fighters of this era and they COULD fight but people are all of a sudden worried about if Pac is in his prime? HORSE POOP! Was Tyson in his prime vs Holyfield much less Lewis?

Its a big interesting fight it needs to be made. Any other fight bar maybe Floyd vs Martinez is too fucking simple for Floyd, yeah that's me saying Floyd is THAT great right now.
    I don't disagree with what you are saying. Obviously it will generate tremendous amounts of money. I was simply trying to say that this fight is no longer of interest to me as a competitive match up. This is now a spectacle fight. I was more addressing the hype that somehow Pac is ready to face Floyd because of his Rios performance. But biased Pac fans also have the excuse ready if Pac loses: "he was no longer at his prime and Floyd ducked him a few years back"...the Floyd ducking him part clearly bs. But whatever...hope it happens so we can finally put it to rest.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    I don't disagree with what you are saying. Obviously it will generate tremendous amounts of money. I was simply trying to say that this fight is no longer of interest to me as a competitive match up. This is now a spectacle fight. I was more addressing the hype that somehow Pac is ready to face Floyd because of his Rios performance. But biased Pac fans also have the excuse ready if Pac loses: "he was no longer at his prime and Floyd ducked him a few years back"...the Floyd ducking him part clearly bs. But whatever...hope it happens so we can finally put it to rest.
    Many MANY boxing fights are like that. Hagler-Leonard was like that, RJJ-Hopkins II, Calzaghe-Hopkins, Calzaghe-RJJ, Lewis-Tyson, Tyson-Holyfield wasn't as much, but it had it's own issues surrounding it.

It's still a good fight, it's still a big fight, and it's something the fans still want and that's why the win vs Rios was big enough to warrant the fight. Had Pac lost, fine maybe then it's a pointless fight, but he can still throw his hands and do damage that's all we need to know.

Thread Information