Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Froch: No rematch, Groves had his chance and he blew it!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch: No rematch, Groves had his chance and he blew it!

Carl Froch: George Groves has blown his chance | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

He told Boxing News: "I don't think I need to fight George Groves again to prove anything because he [was an] unbeaten, young, hungry fighter, the best in Britain other than me, but I'm world champion and I've given him his chance - a chance I wasn't given to fight the best when I was at his stage in my career. He's had his chance and unfortunately he blew it."

I find this pretty disgusting. Groves didn't blow anything. Froch couldn't back up his pre-fight chat and Groves did exactly what he said he was going to do. Froch always wondered why he wasn't a marquee fighter and his personality had alot to do with it. After the fight he said "lets get the rematch on." If he bottles it it equates to a duck.

My guess is Froch is scared of losing a Ward payday. I think Hearn is trying to get Groves another world title, have Froch fight Ward and lose and then do the rematch later down the line when it means less.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch: No rematch, Groves had his chance and he blew it!

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Carl Froch: George Groves has blown his chance | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

He told Boxing News: "I don't think I need to fight George Groves again to prove anything because he [was an] unbeaten, young, hungry fighter, the best in Britain other than me, but I'm world champion and I've given him his chance - a chance I wasn't given to fight the best when I was at his stage in my career. He's had his chance and unfortunately he blew it."

I find this pretty disgusting. Groves didn't blow anything. Froch couldn't back up his pre-fight chat and Groves did exactly what he said he was going to do. Froch always wondered why he wasn't a marquee fighter and his personality had alot to do with it. After the fight he said "lets get the rematch on." If he bottles it it equates to a duck.

My guess is Froch is scared of losing a Ward payday. I think Hearn is trying to get Groves another world title, have Froch fight Ward and lose and then do the rematch later down the line when it means less.
    thing is mate if groves wasnt british the british fight fans would see this a totally different way

the fight was stopped far too early after froch had took a massive beating

Im not daft enought to even believe there was no corruption involved, like i said in another thread, it even looked like foster was looking to jump in earlier, and with the judging and all that

but if it was an overseas fighter froch wouldnt even have to explain himself now and you would be cheering him on to his next challenge, as would I and every brit on this forum who are so vocal about the decision
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

thing is mate if groves wasnt british the british fight fans would see this a totally different way

Im not daft enought to even believe there was no corruption involved, like i said in another thread, it even looked like foster was looking to jump in earlier, and with the judging and all that

but if it was an overseas fighter froch wouldnt even have to explain himself now and you would be cheering him on to his next challenge, as would I and every brit on this forum who are so vocal about the decision
    Absolutely not. I'm not that kind of boxing fan. Ricky Burns lost to Raymundo Beltran. He lost and they fucking robbed Beltran of his World title and judging like that gives Boxing in the UK a bad name. Burns owes Beltran a rematch with neutral judges. There needs to be a level of fairness in this sport but what happened last Saturday was utter bullshit and everyone in the arena saw it. Froch even told Hearn in front of the crowd to get the rematch on and now he is back peddling quicker than Michael Jackson doing a moonwalk. If it was the other way round, Froch would have screamed bullshit and demanded Groves give him a rematch and I'd have been on here saying how Froch deserved his shot and how Groves owed it to him. He needs to settle the score and back up his word. There is no way he can go into his retirement saying he is satisfied with that TKO on his resume because in his heart of hearts, he knows the ending was bullshit.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely not. I'm not that kind of boxing fan. Ricky Burns lost to Raymundo Beltran. He lost and they fucking robbed Beltran of his World title and judging like that gives Boxing in the UK a bad name. Burns owes Beltran a rematch with neutral judges. There needs to be a level of fairness in this sport but what happened last Saturday was utter bullshit and everyone in the arena saw it. Froch even told Hearn in front of the crowd to get the rematch on and now he is back peddling quicker than Michael Jackson doing a moonwalk. If it was the other way round, Froch would have screamed bullshit and demanded Groves give him a rematch and I'd have been on here saying how Froch deserved his shot and how Groves owed it to him. He needs to settle the score and back up his word. There is no way he can go into his retirement saying he is satisfied with that TKO on his resume because in his heart of hearts, he knows the ending was bullshit.
    i hear what you are saying and i agree with you but there is a major difference between those two fights

burns v beltram lasted its full duration and burns clearly lost but got the nod

Froch won his fight

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hear what you are saying and i agree with you but there is a major difference between those two fights

Froch won his fight
    My point is that it doesn't matter if he is foreign or not, if something shady goes down, then you should be giving him a rematch. That was a highly disputable ending and a rematch is warranted. I can't see why Froch would walk away from it, it is a much more winnable fight than Ward and he'd make alot of money from it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch won his fight
    My point is that it doesn't matter if he is foreign or not, if something shady goes down, then you should be giving him a rematch. That was a highly disputable ending and a rematch is warranted. I can't see why Froch would walk away from it, it is a much more winnable fight than Ward and he'd make alot of money from it.

i know what you are saying and again i fully agree, but what im saying is if he was foreign you wouldnt care

and neither would i

my feeling would probably be, phew froch got away with that, and then id go on to cook a nice sunday roast and forget all about it

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a hard time believing he would stand to make more money rematching Ward in the States than Groves at home There is no way Ward would travel to the UK for it sadly, and there is also virtually no way Froch could beat him. Don't see what else is on the table unless Chavez Jr would actually fight him.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I have a hard time believing he would stand to make more money rematching Ward in the States than Groves at home There is no way Ward would travel to the UK for it sadly, and there is also virtually no way Froch could beat him. Don't see what else is on the table unless Chavez Jr would actually fight him.
    Its going to be kinda funny when he cant get Chavez cause it makes no sense and Ward says well "he had his chance and he blew it"

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Its going to be kinda funny when he cant get Chavez cause it makes no sense and Ward says well "he had his chance and he blew it"
    This is the whole crux of the argument and why Froch was so heavily booed. The British Public like an underdog and have very little time for braggarts or those who shout about their own achievements and Carl could have helped himself by being a little more gracious and magnanimous about the situation, post fight. Instead he has virtually reverted to the pre-fight stance that he had, suggesting George was not even in his league and should be grateful for having shared a ring with him. The push bike incident encapsulates it perfectly. "Carl Froch A Legend in his own Lunch Time"
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    This is the whole crux of the argument and why Froch was so heavily booed. The British Public like an underdog and have very little time for braggarts or those who shout about their own achievements and Carl could have helped himself by being a little more gracious and magnanimous about the situation, post fight. Instead he has virtually reverted to the pre-fight stance that he had, suggesting George was not even in his league and should be grateful for having shared a ring with him. The push bike incident encapsulates it perfectly. "Carl Froch A Legend in his own Lunch Time"
    In the same way that Lennox Lewis got booed for carving up Vitali, because of all the smack he was talking?

It was typical dare I say it Manchester home of the Ricky Hatton boxing/football thick as fuck boxing fan, mentality.

Short of bending over like a bitch there was nothing Froch could have said that would have kept the boo boys at bay.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    In the same way that Lennox Lewis got booed for carving up Vitali, because of all the smack he was talking?

It was typical dare I say it Manchester home of the Ricky Hatton boxing/football thick as fuck boxing fan, mentality.

Short of bending over like a bitch there was nothing Froch could have said that would have kept the boo boys at bay.
    I don't agree. The boos were only directed at Froch when he was halfway through the sentence 'Yeah I thought it was a good decision'.

I used to like Froch. Then hated him then liked him. But now I think in retrospect he has always been an annoying cunt and a hypocrite.

'George Groves has been really rude and childish! 'oh, and his breath is smelly!'. Yeah Carl, nice one.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is just not true he was very condescending and continues to be so. This is what Groves said at ringside after the fight

George Groves: 'He caught me with a good shot but I had Carl buzzed much more.
    'I have a chinny image and it got stopped early.
    'He has warrior reputation that he got the benefit of the doubt.
    'I stuck to a game plan, I told you what was going to happen.
    'Now I'm getting cheered.
    'I'm so proud to give this display
    'I know I'm going to be great fighter
    'I had it taken away from me unjustly.
    'I'll be back fitter and stronger.'

This is what Froch said

Carl Froch: 'It was a fair enough stoppage. I hit him with two shots and had a free shot.
    'The ref is six inches away, he looks at the fighters eyes and has to make a split second decision.
    'It's the refs decision. I don't have any sympathy because it's in the refs hands. He has to protect the fighters.' I am amazing and probably the greatest fighter Britain if not the world has ever seen. Ali may have had his bike stolen but he didn't have to grow up in Nottingham and fight the likes of Robin Reid (Action man) as well. I mean the guy may have been called the grim reaper but he had a really annoying voice that you activated by pulling a string and gripping hands and everything.Compared to him George was easy I proved that I am Ironman without needing the suit. I used the first round to batter his right hand with my Iron jaw and then when George was breaking the rules by trying to punch me the ref had to get him in a headlock to stop him. I am brilliant me, and could have probably taught Brian Clough a thing or two about football as well as winning one of the Nobel thingies and I could have won the space race because I am that hard even gravity can't hold me down. Why are you all booing? He is the Chelsea fan'

I may have added the green bit.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch will not take Ward immediately because he will lose more likely he will take on Chavez Jnr or GGG for lucrative money. I think Froch would have won the fight because he was coming on strong and would have taken the latter rounds and got the decision but we will never know now to the eternal shame of the ref.

Groves is a free agent to he could sign for GBP and fight in the US ot he could re-sign with Hearn and take on the other champions.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is just not true he was very condescending and continues to be so. This is what Groves said at ringside after the fight

George Groves: 'He caught me with a good shot but I had Carl buzzed much more.
    'I have a chinny image and it got stopped early.
    'He has warrior reputation that he got the benefit of the doubt.
    'I stuck to a game plan, I told you what was going to happen.
    'Now I'm getting cheered.
    'I'm so proud to give this display
    'I know I'm going to be great fighter
    'I had it taken away from me unjustly.
    'I'll be back fitter and stronger.'

This is what Froch said

Carl Froch: 'It was a fair enough stoppage. I hit him with two shots and had a free shot.
    'The ref is six inches away, he looks at the fighters eyes and has to make a split second decision.
    'It's the refs decision. I don't have any sympathy because it's in the refs hands. He has to protect the fighters.' I am amazing and probably the greatest fighter Britain if not the world has ever seen. Ali may have had his bike stolen but he didn't have to grow up in Nottingham and fight the likes of Robin Reid (Action man) as well. I mean the guy may have been called the grim reaper but he had a really annoying voice that you activated by pulling a string and gripping hands and everything.Compared to him George was easy I proved that I am Ironman without needing the suit. I used the first round to batter his right hand with my Iron jaw and then when George was breaking the rules by trying to punch me the ref had to get him in a headlock to stop him. I am brilliant me, and could have probably taught Brian Clough a thing or two about football as well as winning one of the Nobel thingies and I could have won the space race because I am that hard even gravity can't hold me down. Why are you all booing? He is the Chelsea fan'

I may have added the green bit.
    Despite adding your own words, it was still shorter than Frochs waffle. He was digging his own likability grave for ages.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If froch doesn't rematch groves I will have lost a lot of respect for him .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information