Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Froch: No rematch, Groves had his chance and he blew it!

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch: No rematch, Groves had his chance and he blew it!

Carl Froch: George Groves has blown his chance | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

He told Boxing News: "I don't think I need to fight George Groves again to prove anything because he [was an] unbeaten, young, hungry fighter, the best in Britain other than me, but I'm world champion and I've given him his chance - a chance I wasn't given to fight the best when I was at his stage in my career. He's had his chance and unfortunately he blew it."

I find this pretty disgusting. Groves didn't blow anything. Froch couldn't back up his pre-fight chat and Groves did exactly what he said he was going to do. Froch always wondered why he wasn't a marquee fighter and his personality had alot to do with it. After the fight he said "lets get the rematch on." If he bottles it it equates to a duck.

My guess is Froch is scared of losing a Ward payday. I think Hearn is trying to get Groves another world title, have Froch fight Ward and lose and then do the rematch later down the line when it means less.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch: No rematch, Groves had his chance and he blew it!

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Carl Froch: George Groves has blown his chance | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

He told Boxing News: "I don't think I need to fight George Groves again to prove anything because he [was an] unbeaten, young, hungry fighter, the best in Britain other than me, but I'm world champion and I've given him his chance - a chance I wasn't given to fight the best when I was at his stage in my career. He's had his chance and unfortunately he blew it."

I find this pretty disgusting. Groves didn't blow anything. Froch couldn't back up his pre-fight chat and Groves did exactly what he said he was going to do. Froch always wondered why he wasn't a marquee fighter and his personality had alot to do with it. After the fight he said "lets get the rematch on." If he bottles it it equates to a duck.

My guess is Froch is scared of losing a Ward payday. I think Hearn is trying to get Groves another world title, have Froch fight Ward and lose and then do the rematch later down the line when it means less.
    thing is mate if groves wasnt british the british fight fans would see this a totally different way

the fight was stopped far too early after froch had took a massive beating

Im not daft enought to even believe there was no corruption involved, like i said in another thread, it even looked like foster was looking to jump in earlier, and with the judging and all that

but if it was an overseas fighter froch wouldnt even have to explain himself now and you would be cheering him on to his next challenge, as would I and every brit on this forum who are so vocal about the decision
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

thing is mate if groves wasnt british the british fight fans would see this a totally different way

Im not daft enought to even believe there was no corruption involved, like i said in another thread, it even looked like foster was looking to jump in earlier, and with the judging and all that

but if it was an overseas fighter froch wouldnt even have to explain himself now and you would be cheering him on to his next challenge, as would I and every brit on this forum who are so vocal about the decision
    Absolutely not. I'm not that kind of boxing fan. Ricky Burns lost to Raymundo Beltran. He lost and they fucking robbed Beltran of his World title and judging like that gives Boxing in the UK a bad name. Burns owes Beltran a rematch with neutral judges. There needs to be a level of fairness in this sport but what happened last Saturday was utter bullshit and everyone in the arena saw it. Froch even told Hearn in front of the crowd to get the rematch on and now he is back peddling quicker than Michael Jackson doing a moonwalk. If it was the other way round, Froch would have screamed bullshit and demanded Groves give him a rematch and I'd have been on here saying how Froch deserved his shot and how Groves owed it to him. He needs to settle the score and back up his word. There is no way he can go into his retirement saying he is satisfied with that TKO on his resume because in his heart of hearts, he knows the ending was bullshit.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely not. I'm not that kind of boxing fan. Ricky Burns lost to Raymundo Beltran. He lost and they fucking robbed Beltran of his World title and judging like that gives Boxing in the UK a bad name. Burns owes Beltran a rematch with neutral judges. There needs to be a level of fairness in this sport but what happened last Saturday was utter bullshit and everyone in the arena saw it. Froch even told Hearn in front of the crowd to get the rematch on and now he is back peddling quicker than Michael Jackson doing a moonwalk. If it was the other way round, Froch would have screamed bullshit and demanded Groves give him a rematch and I'd have been on here saying how Froch deserved his shot and how Groves owed it to him. He needs to settle the score and back up his word. There is no way he can go into his retirement saying he is satisfied with that TKO on his resume because in his heart of hearts, he knows the ending was bullshit.
    i hear what you are saying and i agree with you but there is a major difference between those two fights

burns v beltram lasted its full duration and burns clearly lost but got the nod

Froch won his fight

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i hear what you are saying and i agree with you but there is a major difference between those two fights

Froch won his fight
    My point is that it doesn't matter if he is foreign or not, if something shady goes down, then you should be giving him a rematch. That was a highly disputable ending and a rematch is warranted. I can't see why Froch would walk away from it, it is a much more winnable fight than Ward and he'd make alot of money from it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch won his fight
    My point is that it doesn't matter if he is foreign or not, if something shady goes down, then you should be giving him a rematch. That was a highly disputable ending and a rematch is warranted. I can't see why Froch would walk away from it, it is a much more winnable fight than Ward and he'd make alot of money from it.

i know what you are saying and again i fully agree, but what im saying is if he was foreign you wouldnt care

and neither would i

my feeling would probably be, phew froch got away with that, and then id go on to cook a nice sunday roast and forget all about it

Thread Information