Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pac vs. Canelo, anyone?

With all the speculating regarding Pac and his future, I'm surprised no one has thrown Canelo's name into the ring. So what about Pac-Canelo? I was tempted to make a poll, but what's the use? Canelo was thoroughly schooled by Floyd, the first truly elite fighter he's ever faced. Would the same thing happen to him versus Pac? If it's the same Pac that thrashed Rios (yes.... regardless of how devoid of talent or brains the guy might be), then there's a high level of probability that Pac schools Canelo also. Which is probably why Canelo's camp probably wouldn't make too much noise about Canelo facing Pac. They've learned their lesson. They didn't build a 42-0 record by being careless about their pick of opponents.

Technical aspects? Obviously Pac has 3 times the hand speed and boxing skills of Canelo. Unlike Floyd, however, Pac would probably be looking to put some hurt on Canelo. Floyd was content with boxing circles around him, toying with him as a cat toys with a wounded lizard. Pac would probably engage more. Having gained more confidence after the Rios fight (remember that was his first fight back from the KTFO loss to Marquez).... a focused Pac would likely go more on the offensive. Canelo would probably try to hurt Pac to the body, much like MargaCheato did. But Pac negated those attempts with speed and boxing ability. Canelo might be slightly better at cutting off the ring than MargaCheato, but not enough to make successful against Pac.

It's all academic anyway, because a resurgent Pac would never be anywhere near Canelo's future opponents radar.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac vs. Canelo, anyone?

Nah I give Canelo much better chances vs Pac Man. Canelo wants Pacs sort of fight and Alvarez's chin and power and his own skills will win out in the end I think against current Pac.

I believe this will be one of the bloodiest battles of both careers though and would certainly be a very closely fought affair.

Saul just could not deal with the superior timing and counter punching of Floyd. But Pac's "puzzle" is not so difficult to solve.

Alvarez is the future of boxing within the scope of his natural weight range.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would pay for it

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Nah I give Canelo much better chances vs Pac Man. Canelo wants Pacs sort of fight and Alvarez's chin and power and his own skills will win out in the end I think against current Pac.

I believe this will be one of the bloodiest battles of both careers though and would certainly be a very closely fought affair.

Saul just could not deal with the superior timing and counter punching of Floyd. But Pac's "puzzle" is not so difficult to solve.

It's your opinion, obviously, and it's to be respected. However, regarding the bolded part...

Saying Canelo couldn't deal with Floyd's timing and counter punching is a humongous understatement. The gap between the two was immense. You'd have to go back to, well..... to Marquez, to find an easier fight for Floyd. Given the buildup to the fight, this was extremely disappointing. So IMO, using Canelo's performance against Floyd as some kind of metering stick to predict his performance against Pac, is flawed.

You mention Canelo's chin. Who has really tagged Canelo with bad intentions? An over-the-hill Mosley? An undersized Josesito? The chess-playing Floyd? No one. I'd say Canelo's chin is largely untested.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well you might say his chin hasn't been tested against the kind of one shot KO power that big punchers throw, fair call. I think he has shown he can tolerate a great accumulation of shots though.

Yes he was thoroughly thrashed by Floyd, that's given and it was a massive disappointment. I was most disappointed. I had Mayweather to win obviously but I thought it'd be closer than that and I was hoping for an upset that never could have come.

But only slight edges in timing and accuracy can make all the difference as it clearly did, we are talking split seconds in reactions for Mayweather to beat Canelo to the punch every time and just because Floyd made Saul look stupid does not necessarily mean Manny would enjoy similar lopsided success.

Manny's strengths are his handspeed which although comparable to Floyd's is more about his rapid flurries and than well placed and perfectly timed fast shots. He has edge in power too over Floyd but again I thinkl Saul is better equipped to deal with the type of quickness Manny brings to the table rather than Floyd.

Either way I think this fight would be great scrap and would be a great win for either fighter!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea its an intriguing matchup.. btw, cotto is facing martinez in june. He's too scared of Canelo even with a 10 million dollar payday on the line.

Pac would fancy this fight I think..

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see that fight, it would tell us more about both fighters. Everyone wants to know if Manny deserves a shoot at Floyd, the results should tell us. IMO

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Yea its an intriguing matchup.. btw, cotto is facing martinez in june. He's too scared of Canelo even with a 10 million dollar payday on the line.

LOL...... us true fans deal in facts, not fiction or boyhood "wet dreams". Canelo is a young pup..... Cotto is a sure-fire HOF'er with his place already prepared and dusted off. He calls the shots..... not Canelo. If Cotto feels fighting Martinez will do more for his legacy than fighting the Canelo who was just schooled by Floyd..... it's his call. Call it "too scared" or whatever you and VD want. It's Cotto in the driver's seat for the time being.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anythings possible but I'm not sure Alvarez will be looking to venture a 'catchweight' again and Manny is pretty maxed out at 147. These guys are cash cows but Alvarez has to do something impressive and formidable off a schooling before I can see a Manny who is looking into the career sunset wanting to follow in Mayweathers shadow and give Alvarez the time of day.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What, 7 more lbs for Manny to make 154?

That's only like 2 more courses of roids... Manny should piss that in (pun intended) in no time hehe

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

Canelo is a counter-puncher by pure nature. And we all know how Pac fares when faced with someone that can counter-punch.

This is why Canelo lost almost all of those rounds vs. Floyd. Floyd didn't take the fight to him, Canelo had to be the aggressor and initiate the action. This was not Canelo's strong suit, so he was the one being counter-punched than the one doing the counter-punching.

Thus ends the reading. Thanks be to the Lord.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac's days at light middle are over he is a small welterweight and will stay at that weight and not risk taking on bigger fighters at this stage of his career. He will rematch with Bradley, Marquez and other top rank fighters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I don't think Canelo and Manny will get it on really because of weight.

If you want to see a young up and comer take on Manny and see how they fare, I think it should be Adrien Broner.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

LOL...... us true fans deal in facts, not fiction or boyhood "wet dreams". Canelo is a young pup..... Cotto is a sure-fire HOF'er with his place already prepared and dusted off. He calls the shots..... not Canelo. If Cotto feels fighting Martinez will do more for his legacy than fighting the Canelo who was just schooled by Floyd..... it's his call. Call it "too scared" or whatever you and VD want. It's Cotto in the driver's seat for the time being.
    " driver's seat " lol... canelo puts more asses in the seats and brings more money to the table so who is really the boss between the two?

Cotto can get 10 mill for canelo, instead, he's leaning towards martinez for half of that... sounds like dumb business decision or straight up fear.. I think it's the latter

Cotto had his time but his days are all but over bruh and he sure dont have any upperhand over canelo in the negotiating table or inside the ring..

Floyd-cotto sold how many PPVs compared to Floyd-Canelo ?

There ya go

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez is even more dangerous than Canelo, if true Cotto's doing what Mayweather (the man you call a cherry picker) wouldn't, which is fight the Lineal Middleweight Champion of the world, your mouth should taste of rubber with how much you stick your own foot in it

Thread Information