Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kubrat Pulev has NO power...

... but he is live and has the movement of a mongoose. Will that be enough to stop Wlad from holding like a love Muppet? We will have to see. But Pulev doesn't have the crunching power from what I have seen. He sorta wears you down and out.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kubrat Pulev has NO power...

Not trying to sound pessimistic but this fight is another total mismatch.

I am champion of Wlad's resume to a point but I think his latest run of opponents Mormeck, Wach, Pianetta and Povetkin (I omitted Thompson 2 because Thompson was decent) were a bit of cherry picking even though they were ranked. I just think there are far more dangerous opponents out there. All of these guys are lacking power, including Pulev.

Any real shot to beat Wlad now is gonna require a massive punch! Otherwise it will be Wlad doing the wearing down. If Haye couldn't beat him with movement, Pulev has zero chance!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember he is 6'4 250 and fast I think pov got held so much because he's too damn slow.

Now power wise half his wins r by stoppage he's a big guy I'm sure he hits hard but it does seem like he wears guys down like he did against Ustinov who's big like wlad or bigger.

I think at this point wlad needs guys that r gonna push forward and throw punches in bunches and bring the fight to wlad.

Nobody will out box wlad but Pulev can put pressure on him all 12 rounds something nobody does.

He's not gonna get ragdolled like most wlad opponents. Like u said he's a wear u down fighter. Wear you down style will make it interesting.

I thought a one punch ko kinda guy like boystov would be a good matchup but he just got beat. If u could combine wilder and Pulev into one fighter then maybe that fighter can beat the octopus.

Does anyone know why Pulev wiki page says he turned down big financial opportunities in Germany is that a wlad fight I thought Alex leapie however u spell it was next in line after he beat boystov.

There is too many good upcoming hw wlad and vitali should have tough opponents for now on.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody seems to put pressure on Wlad anymore because they're gonna get belted out.

Trust me, Wlad will do whatever is necessary to win. If he can tie the man up he will, if not, he will jab him to death and then knock him out.

The puzzle cannot be solved like that! Age will catch up with Wlad but it wont be Pulev to expose that.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wladimir has 3 belts or so so h can have many mandatory challengers :S.... pulev is one of them or is at least ranked at number 1 by the ibf I think and sauerland were trying to be sneaky and buy boystov a title shot but got shocked by the aussie so lepai is ranked number 1 for the wbo belt now , they seem to be voting tomorrow if lepai will become a mandatory challenger or not.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Nobody seems to put pressure on Wlad anymore because they're gonna get belted out.

Trust me, Wlad will do whatever is necessary to win. If he can tie the man up he will, if not, he will jab him to death and then knock him out.

The puzzle cannot be solved like that! Age will catch up with Wlad but it wont be Pulev to expose that.
    povetkin pressured him a lot to start with but wladimir wrestled the life out of him.. I want to see a rematch of that figth with a stricter ref, povetkins tactics were making wlad uncomfortable, I have never seen him clinch so many times before.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's true, and I was disgusted by it to be sure!

But I also seen that Wlad dominated Povetkin with his fists as well, he did not need to clinch, it's just his instinct because he can't fight a lick inside that if he can't maintain his range or get away, he subconsciously stretches his arms out for a grab like a ghoul! lol

But sure a stricter ref, the rematch would be interesting.

It was in fact hard to tell whether the fight would be competitive or a total mismatch were that holding not allowed.

Speaking of which is it or is in not legal
    Last edited by Max Power; 12-04-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pulev is the biggest threat to WladKlit

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pulev brings more to the table than Wlads last 5 or 6 opponents have I believe and if Wlad 'engages' him as he did Povetkin he'd be flirting with DQ, or a guy who could actually get out of the way and counter. Hope they make this one. As nuts as it sounds, power is overrated and approaching Wlad on power alone now will get you played and toyed. What you need is hand speed, accuracy and short burst inside with mobility. Wlad doesn't get punched in the mouth alot, and it'll be a nice change of pace just to touch, touch, tag and watch him get caught inside exchanges. I think there was more to that hugathon than just style last out. I really think his stamina was shate. Too many guys have excepted a role and played the foil on the end of that jab...watching, waiting, blaming your toe, following. I think Pulev makes a fight of it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Spicoli we can only hope. Maybe father time has caught up with him and perhaps Pulev has what it takes... But I doubt it!

Yeah the kind of speed and stuff that Haye brought to the table was pretty impressive too, until he actually got into the ring with Wladimir and played road runner instead.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's true...he's not a big puncher but he does have some pop. He has that same kind of thumping power Jermain Taylor had. Where they won't take you out with one shot but they'll definitely give you a jolt.

I highly doubt he'll dethrone Wlad but he's certainly the best available contender.

Kubrat Pulev - TRIBUTE - YouTube (Can the mods embed this)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

povetkin pressured him a lot to startwith but wladimir wrestled the life out of him.. I want to see a rematch of that figth with a stricter ref, povetkins tactics were making wlad uncomfortable, I have never seen him clinch so many times before.
    Povetkin was letting wlad do what he wants. He had success with the right early but he didn't change up his game. He was also just so small didn't use Any angles just walked into wlads arms. No rematch there it will be worst next time. Wlad makes boxers look really bad he made haye a great fighter look dumb.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not trying to sound pessimistic but this fight is another total mismatch.

I am champion of Wlad's resume to a point but I think his latest run of opponents Mormeck, Wach, Pianetta and Povetkin (I omitted Thompson 2 because Thompson was decent) were a bit of cherry picking even though they were ranked. I just think there are far more dangerous opponents out there. All of these guys are lacking power, including Pulev.

Any real shot to beat Wlad now is gonna require a massive punch! Otherwise it will be Wlad doing the wearing down. If Haye couldn't beat him with movement, Pulev has zero chance!
    its a record not a resume

although as the word resume is mainly used by homosexuals when looking for a job it is perhaps more fitting a word to describe wlads record
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kingedwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

povetkin pressured him a lot to startwith but wladimir wrestled the life out of him.. I want to see a rematch of that figth with a stricter ref, povetkins tactics were making wlad uncomfortable, I have never seen him clinch so many times before.
    Povetkin was letting wlad do what he wants. He had success with the right early but he didn't change up his game. He was also just so small didn't use Any angles just walked into wlads arms. No rematch there it will be worst next time. Wlad makes boxers look really bad he made haye a great fighter look dumb.
    what hold?

nobody puts pressure on wlad because his best weopon is when he holds, it wears opponents down more than his punches, as soon as anyone gets anywhere near wlad he holds on, and leans on which zaps the energy, which is against the rules by the way athough not in wlad fights for some reason
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Wlad found Chris Byrd enough times to beat him twice I don't think Pulev is slicker than Byrd. Povetkin got held because he's short and kept coming forward. Povetkin made himself as small of a target as he could and that was his only chance to be successful putting pressure on Wlad because he doesn't have the chin of Lamon Brewster.

Thread Information