And who would pay Floyd to see that shit?

For all this talk about how fighting was their trade back then, they had to box to make a dollar etc.- well that is all true, I never said these guys weren't tough and I never said these guys didn't have it tougher in their day.. But today, with ever present media and the ridiculous standard that fighters are held to, fans underestimate the enormous pressure that the boxers are under to perform.

If a boxers chooses to face a fighter that is even somewhat considered a bum or a mismatch the media is on it, the forums are on it, they are openly and constantly ridiculed at every step. If they suffer even 1 loss, struggle or minor upset their whole career may be called into question. The past warriors did not have to contend with this.

interesting read, though I would ask for images or animated gifs to back it up
I could help you with that, I mean making gifs and such , if you'd be interested in blogging at my website
@NVSemin
I might be Could I take a look at your website mate??

@greynotsoold

I was a child of the 80's and a teenager in the 90's and so it's true I have no special connection to the golden age fighters. I have boxed Amatuer most of my life and am a qualified fitness instructor. I am a big fan and have watched endless fights and enjoy analysis.

As for your statement, thinking SRR would force Mayweather to fight and hence be stopped, that has been the idea for most all of Mayweathers opponents. These opponents look fantastic against their other opponents and whilst training for the Mayweather fight. Mayweather bummifies his opponents. I think, and this is just my observations here so only my opinion, that SRR would find mostly air, become frustrated... And punch more and more air. But I could just be crazy...

Sorry I haven't the inclination to find a nice clip of May punching his opponents like the other bloke posted but there is many