Thread: Sky Sports- Darren Barker v Felix Sturm - SATURDAY NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sky Sports- Darren Barker v Felix Sturm - SATURDAY NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Well, that was brief. Sturm won that every which way. No going to the judges, no messing. Just came out firing on all cylinders and Barker was out of his depth. Big shame, but there we go.
    Exactly out of his depth. How he won a world title is beyond me.
    He won a world title by beating somebody who already had one. He dislocated his hip and was still throwing, give the guy a break.
    Exactly @Greenbeanz. But it seemed a bit as I feared. Once he'd achieved the dream, the desire wasn't there anymore. Not sure I'd both with the rematch. Injuries are too much and I think he wouldn't win it anyway. And @Silkeyjoe, don't give us bullshit that Macklin is a deserving champion. That dude has lost every time he steps up and has the nerve to talk about levels. Barker would have beaten the sorry shit outta Macklin if he hadn't ran for the hills.
    I didnt say Macks a deserving champ, I just said hes better then Barker. None of them are deserving champs. GGG is the middleweight champ. Until you beat him you are not deserving. Exception for Martinez.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sky Sports- Darren Barker v Felix Sturm - SATURDAY NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Well, that was brief. Sturm won that every which way. No going to the judges, no messing. Just came out firing on all cylinders and Barker was out of his depth. Big shame, but there we go.
    Exactly out of his depth. How he won a world title is beyond me.
    He won a world title by beating somebody who already had one. He dislocated his hip and was still throwing, give the guy a break.
    Exactly @Greenbeanz. But it seemed a bit as I feared. Once he'd achieved the dream, the desire wasn't there anymore. Not sure I'd both with the rematch. Injuries are too much and I think he wouldn't win it anyway. And @Silkeyjoe, don't give us bullshit that Macklin is a deserving champion. That dude has lost every time he steps up and has the nerve to talk about levels. Barker would have beaten the sorry shit outta Macklin if he hadn't ran for the hills.
    I didnt say Macks a deserving champ, I just said hes better then Barker. None of them are deserving champs. GGG is the middleweight champ. Until you beat him you are not deserving. Exception for Martinez.
    Nobody will ever change my mind on this, Matthew Macklin is an average at best fighter. Barker would have boxed his head off. I think Murray is likely the best of them but the reason Macklin always loses when he steps up is because he aint that good. He woukd have lost to Geale if he'd got the shot. Barker's desire to win it won him the world title. I think as soon as he achieved that it was time to retire. And technically, GGG aint the middleweight champion until he beats Sergio Martinez.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barker, Murray and Mack have all lost everytime they been in at top level. Dont see how singling out Mack for this supports your argument. Barker is so fragile which is why he loses to Mack and Murray. They both break him down eventually. Both have ore pop then Sturm and Geale in my opinion and they were able to seriously hurt Barker.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barker, Murray and Mack have all lost everytime they been in at top level. Dont see how singling out Mack for this supports your argument. Barker is so fragile which is why he loses to Mack and Murray. They both break him down eventually. Both have ore pop then Sturm and Geale in my opinion and they were able to seriously hurt Barker.
    Barker stepped up and won a world title when it counted.

Murray was robbed in both his title fights for me.

Macklin has lost 3 times and has never won a really meaningful fight. Yet he talks how he is a level above. He grinds my gears, and you probably poked the bear. I really can't stand the cunt.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG tears all a new asshole.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Definitely. Im not saying Macklins world class, just I think he beats Barker.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respectfully disagree. And GGG is the best, but technically he should beat Martinez to prove it.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respectfully disagree. And GGG is the best, but technically he should beat Martinez to prove it.
    Hard to beat people who wont fight you tho

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I agree Martinez needs to fight GGG so we can have a real champion. With no doubt who's the best.
    Personally lee , Macklin , BArker , and Murray all get eaten alive by GGG.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG is the new Martinez from a few years ago.

I rate Macklin then Barker then Murray in that order but I think their best days are over for Mack and Barker, Murray may be fresher. They should all fight one another now.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the fight on YouTube... Feel bad for Barker. His hip just have out. Nothing to do with anything Sturm was doing.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Says it went out in the first round, an old injury which will take a long time to recover if at all. Another operation required.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pretty sure Sturm smashing him in the head probably did have something to do with it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sturm smashing him in the head probably did have something to do with it.

Barker had nothing to lose when he won the title and I think he felt the pressure last night as he had everything to lose.
    Big shame about the hip dislocation and shit timing but just from that first round you got the feeling Felix was on one and would have stopped him anyway.
    He came out swinging and Barker just looked clueless with no idea how to deal with him.
    Sturm did land some heavy shots in the 1st.
    Don't see the rematch happening at all.
    Do you know what Barker earned for this ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barker got a million quid. It had the feel of his retirement fight from the minute they announced it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information