Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pilkington: The Moaning of Life

Has anyone been watching this? I've seen the first two episodes so far and have been enjoying it. It is different to the Idiot Abroad series, but a good thing as that was maybe losing steam a little in the final series. This seems a little more thought out and the concept helps in that regard. Pick a major subject and let Pilkington offer his musings on different aspects of that in unusual global destinations. It's good. I like Pilkington's observations and find myself agreeing with him a lot. He's a modern philosopher without the silly words and academic pretensions.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pilkington: The Moaning of Life

this was funny as hell

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fancied the girl in the red.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You would.

Pilkington is a genius. On pretty much every major topic I think he talks complete sense, and yet the actions of the entire world would cast us as strange people.

Most people do blow their entire life savings on a silly day, it's true. Most people do breed without thinking about it. Most people spend their lives running away from the prospect of death and make excuses using religion.

Pilkington is simply a truthteller in an age of charlatans. People are wasting incredible fortunes on marriages, child raising, and then opting out of the global warming discussion. So you can do all that and raise the child and ignore the fact that the future is a 1984, global warming infused, ghetto blaster of misery?

And these people have the cheek to call me cynical. I am the optimist. I am refusing to allow anyone to put up with that nonsense. When I protest that they are all out of control, I am not the one sending the kids to nursery school.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could do with a smack in the mouth the guy is a pillock. And so is Pilkington.
    Last edited by Beanz; 12-12-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only Pillock in this thread is your good self. You hold onto delusions and absurdities. After all, weren't you a devout Catholic or something? How does one start so absurd and then become half normal? And of course, you fail each and every one of Pilkington's rules. Once one has started the slippery slope of breeding, then you cannot deny. You are on that slope. I hope you planned it well. Money in the bank, environment to breathe, land to occupy etc. Honestly, and I am to blame for bias? You are a manipulated person with incredible bias and my polarity strikes you with abject horror. Unlike you I have actually considered all eventualities. You haven't and it upsets you.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles you are like a stroppy 5 year old child. You are incredibly boring and self obsessed. You can save money your whole life but that will achieve fuck all if you are hit by a bus or suffer a brain haemorrhage. Life is short try and enjoy it and spend less time proselytizing for an empty selfish boring challenge free existence in which the biggest decision you have to make is what whiny Lou Reed record to extract your philosophy from and what fast food joint to visit to satiate your dull and unadventurous western appetite. You are a cunt, Pilkington is a cunt and your lot is so much better than many for whom moaning is not the default mechanism that defines their sorry existence. What is your excuse ? OOOh Daddy left, Sister had a bigger room, really? God you are tiresome at times
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I pity the ordinary people as they just can't seem to practice birth control. It's easy to say people should be hit and just because they are very sensibly disagreeing with your life choices.

Lou Reed sums up the typical relationship and Lou Reed was another modern philosopher.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Miles you are like a stroppy 5 year old child. You are incredibly boring and self obsessed. You can save money your whole life but that will achieve fuck all if you are hit by a bus or suffer a brain haemorrhage. Life is short try and enjoy it and spend less time proselytizing for an empty selfish boring challenge free existence in which the biggest decision you have to make is what whiny Lou Reed record to extract your philosophy from and what fast food joint to visit to satiate your dull and unadventurous western appetite. You are a cunt, Pilkington is a cunt and your lot is so much better than many for whom moaning is not the default mechanism that defines their sorry existence. What is your excuse ? OOOh Daddy left, Sister had a bigger room, really? God you are tiresome at times
    You know I have a lot of time for you and that is why this back and forth slapping is a bit much. All I know is that I have to protect the world and that if more people would consider the future then less people would have children. You allow breeding, yet the world has too many people, will have environmental catastrophe, unpayable government debt, etc. Just seems like a selfish move to me. Surely better to listen to actual people who adivse that it doesn't need to be done.

Also the financial benefits too. If I had children I could never consider taking time off work and as that thing is your job until the goverment eventually takes him.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah man, gotta admit that Lou Reed was bloody great, always great to listen too. Miss him so much, Really do.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So then the only thing to consider is the later Lou Reed

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More Romeo and Juliette.

It is about what we do with it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I won every argument there. Unlike the rest it was easy for me.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should be a sleep now go to bed.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should? This whole argument has tired me a lot. Like I keep telling you though, they will put a bias on when I am gone.

The Olympic argument which is silly to my soul and you know it.

Thread Information