Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Wlad's opponents are not bums. A quick look at their records reveals they are high quality boxers. If you think they look bad against K2... Look at their non K2 fights. Suddenly they all look great!

Wlad would not be ABLE to fight bums today with the ever dissecting media. The worst opponent he fought in recent times was Mormeck and was badly ridiculed. And yet Mormeck was a champion boxer with a top record. His problem was he was undersized... At 215lbs! A big HW of Ali's era.

As for not KOing anybody in 1 round, true. Against HIS opponents. I don't think Wlad would bang out too many 70's opponents in 1 round, that would be silly, but a 185lb Marciano it is difficult to see Wlad NOT knocking Rocky out in 1 round, or Lamon for that matter. Hell Lamon knocked out Golota in 1 round didn't he!
    What? Like Arreola against Adamek and Stiverne? Like Fury against Cunningham and Pajkic? Like Adamek against Cunningham and Chambers? Like Haye against Valuev? Like Pulev against Thompson? Like Helenius against Chisora? When do these heavyweights look good? When they are in with complete bums. They wouldn't have a chance against all time greats like Klits, Lewis, Tyson, Ali, Foreman etc.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also have Huck almost beating Povetkin so have to think Marciano would do better then Huck. I've never said the old timers beat the Klits, also never said vice versa, but they do beat the rest of heavyweight boxers that are around now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: All Hail, The King! shocking pics showing his True Invincibility

I don't agree with @Max Power wholesale, but gotta admit that Marciano would be destroyed by Klitschko. Not because Marciano wasn't good, but simply that he would be too small. P4P he's great, but with his size, he can't even hit Wlad in the chin. Wlad would lean on him and flatten him by accident in the process. See what happned to Mormeck? Povetkin? It would be like that, but worse. Worse I say!
    Even prime Mike Tyson would have troubles with getting held, leaned on, and tied up because of his small stature.

So in summary, Marciano = great tough fighter, but - just - too - small.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What? Like Arreola against Adamek and Stiverne? Like Fury against Cunningham and Pajkic? Like Adamek against Cunningham and Chambers? Like Haye against Valuev? Like Pulev against Thompson? Like Helenius against Chisora? When do these heavyweights look good? When they are in with complete bums. They wouldn't have a chance against all time greats like Klits, Lewis, Tyson, Ali, Foreman etc.

When any fighter, modern or old is in with someone at his own level, the result is a competitive fight. As soon as Tyson stopped fighting bums he had close competitive fights and didn't look so good. When Lennox Lewis came in not in form, he didn't look so good. Lewis struggled against Mercer and Bruno!

Whenever Foreman fought a decent opponent he lost everytime except once by luck

Ali struggled and got bashed from pillar to post in nearly ALL of his fights against opponents who couldn't hold a candle to any of Wlad's.

FACT!

Wlad's opponents are on the whole better than anything in the 70's.

I concede though that on the whole I think the Lennox Lewis era had better opponents than today.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

size does not equal level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But size is a factor that must be taken into account when we're talking about someone like wladimir who is so effective in making use of that. One must take into consideration that, all else being equal, the larger fighter is going to have the advantage.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weight does not equate to level that is true, but when we are regarding top level boxing, the skills may differ but they are all world ranked so size plays a major factor. And statistically it turns out that weight differences play the most important part historically in who the winner is, the greater the weight difference being the greater the chances of the heftier guy winning. Weight can sometimes trump skills. Of course this is not always the case (duh) otherwise there'd be no point in boxing. And it's a no-brainer really because that is the reason why there are no "speed-divisions" or "height-divisions" or "footwork-divisions" but there are "weight-divisions".

"Quality of opposition" in my opinion is determined by assessing the opponents record with respect not just to the weights of their opponents, but their records as well.

That is why I not only delete CW's off the records of old timers to make a fair comparison, I delete BUMS as well. (I define CW as being sub200lbs and BUM as being a guy who's lost a quarter or more of his fights) and also greens (who had less than 10 fights).

Otherwise MArciano and Butterbean are the best boxers in history, even though Rocky barely fought a real HW and Eric barely fought a decent opponent. That's why the records MUST be "un-padded".

Marciano's "HW" record, sans, bums and cruisers... is not 49-0... it's 0-0! Fact!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information