Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Last Night did Lara earn himself a fight with Cash Cows, Canelo or Floyd?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Last Night did Lara earn himself a fight with Cash Cows, Canelo or Floyd?

What do you guys think? Who else is there for him to beat at 154 before he gets one or both of those fights? I would be particularly interested in seeing him in with Floyd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last Night did Lara earn himself a fight with Cash Cows, Canelo or Floyd?

Let him Destroy GGG haha.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last Night did Lara earn himself a fight with Cash Cows, Canelo or Floyd?

I don't see Floyd taking that fight, way too much risk for little reward.

Lara vs Canelo would be great to see.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    What do you guys think? Who else is there for him to beat at 154 before he gets one or both of those fights? I would be particularly interested in seeing him in with Floyd.
    Didn't Alvarez already avoid him? Not sure but now would be a great time for the kid to redeem himself. I think a Lara/Floyd fight might be a slower pace then Lara/Trout if that's humanly possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He deserves canelo but I doubt these the big names are going to risk it...

Lara should fight kirkland..

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lara would stop Kirkland quite easily imo, he couldn't miss and Kirkland doesn't really hit that hard past the first couple of rounds. Alvarez would be the best opponent realistically, but Keith Thurman or even Gabriel Rosado could be tough fights for him as well, if he doesn't get the big payday. I'm probably in the minority in finding Lara good to watch, but it seems like he will struggle with guys who can crowd and make him fight, his footwork is tremendous but he has lapses where he isn't really doing anything but posturing.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he has and I'd be interested in a Lara Mayweather go. Floyd probally doesn't even know how to pronounce his name but style wise Lara comes closest to fighting Floyd with Floyd-ish ways.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If boxing at the highest level is about money, then neither Canelo nor Mayweather should want to fight him. His style doesn't generate excitement and doesn't attract fans. You can't market a fight with Lara because his fights are boring and his personality is bland.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think he has and I'd be interested in a Lara Mayweather go. Floyd probally doesn't even know how to pronounce his name but style wise Lara comes closest to fighting Floyd with Floyd-ish ways.
    I'd be really interested in that fight to, Lara could potentially give Floyd some real fits and make him lead, if it could happen at 154 that's as good a fight as any out there for Mayweather imo.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'd be really interested in that fight to, Lara could potentially give Floyd some real fits and make him lead, if it could happen at 154 that's as good a fight as any out there for Mayweather imo.

Respect both of your opinions a great deal but I just dont see Lara/Floyd as a very appealing fight style wise. Lara's stance is as wide as Broners. I see that one as 36 minutes of sizing eachother up.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Didn't Alvarez already avoid him? Not sure but now would be a great time for the kid to redeem himself. I think a Lara/Floyd fight might be a slower pace then Lara/Trout if that's humanly possible.

The kid can't go back to bums anymore. Not after having been in there with Floyd. If Lara is a good logical next opponent, then Lara it should be. And yes.... there is some redeeming to be done after getting schooled by Floyd in a bad way.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GBP kept Canelo away from Lara for good reason, it's a nightmare matchup. But if Canelo is going to redeem himself he needs to take the tough fights now. He's had his payday, it's time to work.

Thread Information