Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Prospect of the year felix verdejo

as a boxing fan i am always on the lookout for the next upcoming champion.

In felix verdejo i not only see the maturety and style but he is from Puerto Rico who are in desperate need of a new young champion as Cotto nears the end. felix verdejo is also very engaging, like tito he is very articulate has a nice smile and has an easy to like persona.

One thing i cannot work out is why most of the boxing media including boxing shows do not give the young man air time, i feel over the past several years and with the explosion of the social media many of these so called media are too busy hyping the stars they forget about the prospects. the last night felix verdejo fought it was one of the best compete performances of the night, OK he was supposed to win but it was the manor in how he got the victory.

Mark Leroy, Saltcoats, CA

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prospect of the year felix verdejo

Recently it seems like every time a Puerto Rican prospect gets a little attention they crash and burn and lose soon after. It's like they fold under the pressure. Verdejo has a nice skill set. But so did Thomas Dulorme, Luis Del Valle and Jonathan Gonzalez.

You seriously impressed by Verdejo last performance? I didn't see anything impressive about it. Verdejo is alright. I think Wonder Boy Jose Lopez is a better prospect

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Verdejo alot as well.. I havent been this excited about a Rican fighter in a long time..

Verdejo has alot of potential and I also like Jayson Velez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Recently it seems like every time a Puerto Rican prospect gets a little attention they crash and burn and lose soon after. It's like they fold under the pressure. Verdejo has a nice skill set. But so did Thomas Dulorme, Luis Del Valle and Jonathan Gonzalez.

You seriously impressed by Verdejo last performance? I didn't see anything impressive about it. Verdejo is alright. I think Wonder Boy Jose Lopez is a better prospect
    Not seen much of Jose Lopez, will need to look him up and see some footage, yes they are crying out for a star, the next star.

With Felix i was not so impressed with who he beat but more the style in which he fought, only time will tell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fan of Verdejo but no way is he prospect of the year ahead of Naoya Inoue.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the end of year Saddo awards I considered putting Verdejo down for prospect of the year but I find it hard to do so when Vasyl Lomachenko achieved a bigger feat in 1 fight than Verdejo has done in in his first 9. I'm not sure how you couldn't give Lomachenko prospect of the year considering what is coming next.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You make it sound like Dulorme will never be back. You of all people should know one loss does not necessarily derail a good prospect. As for Verdejo, he must be pretty damn good. You're usually pretty stingy with your praise for P.R. fighters and for you to say Verdejo's got "a nice skill set" is rare indeed.

In any case, it's all speculation. Time will tell on both.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

You make it sound like Dulorme will never be back. You of all people should know one loss does not necessarily derail a good prospect. As for Verdejo, he must be pretty damn good. You're usually pretty stingy with your praise for P.R. fighters and for you to say Verdejo's got "a nice skill set" is rare indeed.

Be back to what? You making it seem like Dulorme was a champion before. He was never even a contender. He crashed and burned as a prospect. He might one day be a fringe contender. But he'll never be a champion. Abner Cotto has a better chance of being champion than Dulorme. And Abner Cotto is garbage.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dulorme is ok but he dont have the it factor. He got so scared after losing that he ran down to a lighter division instead of standing his ground. That's similiar to quitting.

I hope verdejo is different.. he certainly has the skills

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be back to what? You making it seem like Dulorme was a champion before. He was never even a contender. He crashed and burned as a prospect. He might one day be a fringe contender. But he'll never be a champion. Abner Cotto has a better chance of being champion than Dulorme. And Abner Cotto is garbage.

Yes.... a prospect. No one ever said he was anything but a prospect. He was on his way up..... he got derailed. I prefer to adopt a "wait and see" attitude instead of immediately condemning the guy based on deep-rooted biases. Had it been a Mexi-Cali propect suffering the same fate, you'd be singing his praises and woe to anyone who criticized him. Try to be a little more objective. The future hasn't happened yet.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes.... a prospect. No one ever said he was anything but a prospect. He was on his way up..... he got derailed. I prefer to adopt a "wait and see" attitude instead of immediately condemning the guy based on deep-rooted biases. Had it been a Mexi-Cali propect suffering the same fate, you'd be singing his praises and woe to anyone who criticized him. Try to be a little more objective. The future hasn't happened yet.
    I don't give a fuck where Dulorme is from. He was always overrated. He made his name off his highlight reel knock out of the 20-15 Harrison Cuello on the Victor Ortiz-Andre Berto under-card. He knocked out a scrub in spectacular fashion and all of a sudden you and your kind started over hyping him as the next great Puerto Rican champion. He was in way over his head against Abregu. Abregu is a good fighter. But he's a B fighter. And he showed everybody that Dulorme was a C, D fighter. He's looked like garbage ever since. He had to go the full 10 rounds in his last fight against a 75 year old Hector Velazquez. And this is the same Velazuez who fought Kevin Kelley at featherweight over 10 years ago. There's no need to be objective when it comes to Dulorme. He's crap

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't give a fuck where Dulorme is from.

Oh, but you do.
    And let's just leave it at that.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, but you do.
    If i gave a fuck I would of told you he ain't even Puerto Rican. Considering he was born in the St. Maarten, Virgin Islands from Dominican parents. His confused ass is as Puerto Rican as Lennox Lewis was Canadian. But like I said I don't give a fuck what he claims to be. Cuz he ain't that good.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, but you do.
    If i gave a fuck I would of told you he ain't even Puerto Rican. Considering he was born in the St. Maarten, Virgin Islands from Dominican parents. His confused ass is as Puerto Rican as Lennox Lewis was Canadian. But like I said I don't give a fuck what he claims to be. Cuz he ain't that good.

Let's not get hung up on technicalities. But if we're going down that path, then I guess we'd have to say that Danny Garcia is really Puerto Rican, and someone like Andre Berto is not really American, but Haitian. Depends on how you want to look at it. Dulorme has lived in P.R. since very early in his life, and considers himself Puerto Rican.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, but you do.

Let's not get hung up on technicalities. But if we're going down that path, then I guess we'd have to say that Danny Garcia is really Puerto Rican, and someone like Andre Berto is not really American, but Haitian. Depends on how you want to look at it. Dulorme has lived in P.R. since very early in his life, and considers himself Puerto Rican.
    That's one of the dumbest things I ever fucking read. Berto was born in Florida. He's a fucking American. His parents are Haitian. So he claims it too. Garcia is American. But he can claim Puerto Rican cuz of his dad. Dulorme wasn't born in Puerto Rico. Nor were his parents. He's not Puerto Rican. But whatever. He can claim what he wants. He fucking sucks anyway.

Thread Information