Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How will floyd beat khan and vice versa

Hi guys,

Its pretty much official that khan is floyds next opponent. 90% confirmed to me that its khan.

If you were floyd, how would you beat khan and if you were khan whats the gameplan to beat floyd?

Im not happy with this match up and i do believe that there are others deserving of this fight!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has to move. In with one or two punches as a time and gone. He should be faster so has to use that. Don't get too cocky if things start going for well.

Floyd just has to do what he does bet. Time Khan to perfection and crack that glass jaw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How will floyd beat khan and vice versa

I don't really think khan can beat floyd but I think he can really push floyd maybe even harder than he's been pushed before. Khans going to be faster than floyd there's no doubt about it he's got youth on his side, he needs to pop in and out with they fast 1 2s keep his chin down get a few rounds under his belt and stick to smart boxing. I also think floyd comes out looking for the ko and might take a few more shots than we are used to seeing.
    I do think khans very lucky getting this shot because there's a few that deserve it more but I want to see this fight more than the others, I think speeds going to cause floyd problems cause we all know by now nothing else does size and power sure doesn't bother him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Khan has to move. In with one or two punches as a time and gone. He should be faster so has to use that. Don't get too cocky if things start going for well.

Floyd just has to do what he does bet. Time Khan to perfection and crack that glass jaw.
    I don't think khans chins that bad seen him take some big shots, I just think it's when he gets hurt he doesn't know what to do he try's to fight his way out of it and khans only effective on the outside

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

I don't think khans chins that bad seen him take some big shots, I just think it's when he gets hurt he doesn't know what to do he try's to fight his way out of it and khans only effective on the outside
    In the last few years, the only fights I recall Khan NOT having chin issues is with Paulie and Zab. If Julio Diaz can time Khan, Floyd will knock him out in one or two rounds.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has to move, use speed, 1 or 2 quick shots and get the fuck out of there. I think Khan's speed presents unique problems for Floyd that he hasn't had in awhile. Floyd will be a 37 year old man by the time this fight happens, and he's been getting accustomed to fighting to the speed of guys like Canelo, Guerrero and Cotto, who have nowhere near the handspeed of Khan.

If Khan had a better chin, I think this fight would be a lot more interesting (and Khan could very well still be undefeated right now). His talent is tremendous, but he gets hit and rocked and has no idea what the fuck to do.

Floyd's been slowing down a bit over the last few years, which comes with age, so the biggest danger to him is a guy like Bradley or Khan who can out-hustle him, fight conservatively and squeak rounds out against him.

I think Floyd will stop him though, and like you I'm pretty disappointed at this choice of opponent, especially with much more deserving, undefeated, PRIME guys like Bradley and Garcia out there.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Amir will shock the world an win this!

I don't think Floyd can fight at the pace he's gonna set and if Khan makes him work hard and gets him past 8-9 I see him winning this.

If he gets sloppy obviously Floyd will batter and stop him but Khan for me is right in this if he uses his brain.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan always gets sloppy, and never uses his brain. This isn't even a good fight imo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see Khan winning this at all. But the thing that will work for him will be his speed so he will have to be in and out. Mayweather is still too smart and will adjust to everything khans does.

I think Floyd will stop Khan between 6 - 10. The check hook or the leaping left hook puts Khan down, Khan gets up and tries to fight, gets battered and the ref steps in. Simple as.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyds leading left jab to the body sets up the hook nicely.

Thread Information