Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maidana VS Matthysse!! who wins and why?

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Maidana VS Matthysse!! who wins and why?

Looks like this Argentine blockbuster could happen. such an interesting fight between two great fighters with heart and courage, and potential fight of 2014. I'm extremely happy for Maidana for humiliating that total douche Broner. that shit made my week!! Matthysse needs a good win right now after his disapointing fight with danny garcia. i couldnt tell you who would win!!! both are tough as nails and are beasts. but if i had to pick, id say matthysse if he fights like he did before garcia!!! but its very close......

opinions

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Maidana VS Matthysse!! who wins and why?

Mattyhsse would still win I think, but Maidana is a little harder to discourage than Lucas. He also seems to have a higher punch out put.

I would love to see this fight.

It was disappointing that Matthysse could not beat Garcia, but he was by no means dominated. He's still a very good fighter with a great punch.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maidana is the tougher of the two IMO but matthysse seems to be the harder puncher. also, matthysse is a bit more of a boxer that picks his shots which is why i would pick matthysse to win this fight.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matthysse hits harder and Maidana is there to be hit; how well will he take it? Matthysse has a problem, lately, in that he reaches with his right hand. He didn't do that when he fought Soto- if he fights that way, he'll win.
    If they get into a free-swinging affair, I favor Maidana. I think his 'free-swinging' is more thoughtful than Matthysse reaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great matchup, but one I think Mattysse wins. For me, he knocks out anyone who stands and trades with him and Maidana definately obliges there. Mattysse in 2. Not to take anything away from Maidana who I like, but I think the Broner win will prove to be a career high point.
    If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Matthysse takes it but it'll be a war. I think Maidana's weak spot is his body and I think Matthysse will bang away and get to him. Great fight though, wish it'd happen.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Matthysse hits harder and Maidana is there to be hit; how well will he take it? Matthysse has a problem, lately, in that he reaches with his right hand. He didn't do that when he fought Soto- if he fights that way, he'll win.
    If they get into a free-swinging affair, I favor Maidana. I think his 'free-swinging' is more thoughtful than Matthysse reaching.
    Why does matthysse hit harder?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well of the two I think Maidana is more vulnerable to the body but now he's got a good jab that he can use to feign... A year ago I would have said Lucas but now its a tough one for me. Lucas throws sharper punches but because Maidanas shots are coming out of left field its that much harder to defend against it.

So what I'm trying to say here is that I don't have a clue as to who would win.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Matthysse still has the fire, is healthy, and does deviate from his training routine like he did for the last fight, i think he takes Maidana. While Maidana will forever be a hero for was he did to ummm..ummm broner. (for a second there i was already beginning to forget his name).. Maidanas a little sloppy. He can make it a brawl, but I think he has some vulnerabilities.

With Matthysse's cleaner style and harder punching. (Matthysse has better form and punch dynamics.) All he has to do is keep his activity through the middle rounds when maidana fades. Lucas also has better chin. He was only dropped by a cheap shot (legal but cheap)thrown while he was caught in the ropes.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd have to go with Matthysse.

I picked Matthysse over Danny Garcia, because I thought it was two guys of similar style and mentality clashing, and that Matthysse was better at that game than Garcia.

Garcia proved me and a ton of others wrong by boxing intelligently and not fighting Matthysse's fight.

While I think Maidana has improved with the trainer switch, I don't think he has the skill or even the desire to try to box intelligently, and I think Matthysse will get the better of him in a brawl.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matthysse. More well rounded, better boxer with equal pop. Maidana doesn't move and has been badly hurt facing far less fire. Insane fight.

Thread Information