Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default IF 2pac was alive today

how different would the hiphop scene be? Im sure alot would be different. The dirty south wouldnt have blown up as much, if at all.. Jay Z wouldnt be known as some rap " GOD " ... He'd barely qualify to be on the Camel cigarette add with his face on it since he's a Joe camel looking muthafucka..

Naz is cool.. NAz would still be Naz..

Guys like Soilder boy and Gucci Mane would be taking our orders at KFC drive through cuz they are beyond fuckin horrible...

IT's just sad how shitty rap is today. It's like the HW division in boxing, pure shit.

If 2pac was alive, you think he would still be staying true to his roots or do u think he would turn commercial like Snoop??

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: IF 2pac was alive today

I think Tupac would have been shot anyway, if not married with kids and a house husband.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jay z is a guy that copied so many rhymes from biggie.

Tupac was alot better than both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He would be broke

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post
    He would be broke
    I doubt it. He was such a workaholic that new tracks were constantly being released years after his death.. pac was a true artist who loved what he did..

He'd be a living legend right now. And I believe he would have been big into acting today, like ice cube , but much better actor.

He couldve been a rapper turned actor ..
    Last edited by FinitoElDinamita; 01-09-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    He would be broke
    I doubt it. He was such a workaholic that new tracks were constantly being released years after his death.. pac was a true artist who loved what he did..

He'd be a living legend right now. And I believe he would have been big into acting today, like ice cube , but much better actor.

He know he actually was a actor and appeared in films.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    He would be broke

He know he actually was a actor and appeared in films.
    I know that.. Im saying by this time, he might have been inactive as a rapper and could have turned into a full time actor..

I think his best performance was in Juice, followed by Above The Rim...

While watching those movies in the early 90s, I believed he had a bright future in acting. Of all the rappers who tried to act, PAc was the best imo..

El Kabong Guest

Tupac was very talented BUT he was a total hypocrite. He'd rap about treating women well and being an upright responsible man and then he'd go all "gangsta".....and whaddya know he got shot, surprise surprise surprise

I think RAP would be in a better place than it is now talent-wise with Tupac and Biggie alive, but they lived the lifestyle and well that doesn't allow for long careers.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it would have changed shit. The majority want easy, quick catchy tunes with no substance.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I don't think it would have changed shit. The majority want easy, quick catchy tunes with no substance.
    See I'm not sold on that so much because Tupac (and believe you me I am NOOOO rap enthusiast) had some very deep songs.

'Changes', 'Life Goes On', 'Dear Mama'...he had some deeper stuff, some songs with messages. And he was a fairly smart guy as well. It's just he could not divorce himself from the thug culture and that's a sad thing because if any group of people need inspiration and a leader it's the people stuck in and around that culture.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    See I'm not sold on that so much because Tupac (and believe you me I am NOOOO rap enthusiast) had some very deep songs.

'Changes', 'Life Goes On', 'Dear Mama'...he had some deeper stuff, some songs with messages. And he was a fairly smart guy as well. It's just he could not divorce himself from the thug culture and that's a sad thing because if any group of people need inspiration and a leader it's the people stuck in and around that culture.
    Oh I have no question about how talented 2pac was. 2Pac would have always been successful because he had true talent and people respected him.

But I don't think one guy could have changed the direction of rap. As good and as deep as 2pac and Biggie could be, they still promoted the gangster, materialistic life like everyone else seems to.

It's like any form of art or performance, you're gonna have the talent that'll be respected, but you're also gonna have the pure shit dressed up as something with substance.

There are tons of filmmaking geniuses out there making great work every year, and they are always successful, but it'll never tone down the desire of the general public to see flashy, uninspired, easy to digest nonsense like most of the summer blockbusters that come out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac was one of the very few guys in hiphop who I regarded as a real music artist, and not just a rapper.. the beats and melodies he chose for his tracks were on a different level and it was real fuckin music.. rapping is no different than singing in a sense that you got to have feeling in the delivery and u can just feel the passion in his flow. When pac is rapping, I can just close my eyes and visualize everything he's saying like a movie...

U compare him to 50 cents and jay z and its a fuckin joke .. 50 cents with his gibberish , monotone talking style of rap makes me feel nothing.. there is no soul in his voice.. same with jay z.. these two guys are great lyricist but they arent great rappers/performers..

I miss really miss 90s rap like pac, rest of the west coast movement, prime DMX and even Ja Rule...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac would likely be more of an actor nowadays but would put out a record every half a decade. The rap game would totally be different. But its hard to say because hip hop is really about the youth. The older people will try and try to insist what really is good but eventually the youth will always take over and what they like better or not would be popular. Pac is likely the only rapper to regain the youths respect over and over. Thats what separated Pac from everybody else. He was always ahead of his time.

A lot of rappers now a days would likely be unknown and living different lives. I think a lot of them would get force out by Pac.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He would be singing

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Tupac was very talented BUT he was a total hypocrite. He'd rap about treating women well and being an upright responsible man and then he'd go all "gangsta".....and whaddya know he got shot, surprise surprise surprise

I think RAP would be in a better place than it is now talent-wise with Tupac and Biggie alive, but they lived the lifestyle and well that doesn't allow for long careers.
    I respect this statement but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a hypocrite, I just think he was an emotional rapper and this is what made him great in my opinion. He rapped according to his mood at the time which is what I think hip hop is missing. Everything is the same bullsh*t rims and bling and women. Tupac rapped about these things as well but he rapped about so many various topic that other rappers won't touch on today.
    If you think you can......you can, if you think you can't .......you're right!

Thread Information