Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default GGGs trainer says "he's not ready"

The Adamu fight was my breaking point. I'm starting to question it all. I mean Macklin wanted the fight then he enters negotiations and suddenly he doesn't. What did they offer? K2 is known for being difficult at the negotiations table.

Rumors have spread that Korabov is next and that is unacceptable.

He's 32 years old, if he is ever going to have big fights he needs to start.

Froch, Stevenson, Hopkins, Ward have all said they're interested. Ward has gone as far as to push for it and GGG "isn't ready". This would be okay if he had Martinez lined up or Quillen but he doesn't. He should be happy to take whatever big fight he can get. If he makes 160 as easy as they say he can always come back down.

Hopefully this is just a ploy to get people talking but it seems GGG isn't a good boy.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGGs trainer says "he's not ready"

link?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The Adamu fight was my breaking point. I'm starting to question it all. I mean Macklin wanted the fight then he enters negotiations and suddenly he doesn't. What did they offer? K2 is known for being difficult at the negotiations table.

Rumors have spread that Korabov is next and that is unacceptable.

He's 32 years old, if he is ever going to have big fights he needs to start.

Froch, Stevenson, Hopkins, Ward have all said they're interested. Ward has gone as far as to push for it and GGG "isn't ready". This would be okay if he had Martinez lined up or Quillen but he doesn't. He should be happy to take whatever big fight he can get. If he makes 160 as easy as they say he can always come back down.

Hopefully this is just a ploy to get people talking but it seems GGG isn't a good boy.
    I can't make any sense of this post at all. Macklin wanted the fight with GGG and then didn't? You know they fought each other already right?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea stupid post. Didn't mention one guy for him at 160. U could apply this argument to Mayweather not fighting GGG at 160. 160 is a prestigious weight class and GGG is getting criticised cz guys won't fight him and the best we come up with is move him to super MW so we can get another average MW world champ?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excuse me, I always switch up Macklin and Murray, darn MM names :-/.

Comparing Floyd who fought multiple champions at 130, a champ at 135, a champ at 140, multiple champions at 147 and multiple champions at 154 to a guy who as of yet has fought no big fights makes no sense.

You say Floyd should move up AGAIN for ANOTHER big fight. GGG hasn't moved up once, there is a very clear difference and I can't figure out why tbis guy keeps getting excused. He's done NOTHING. I want to see him be the fighter I said he could be but so far I'm embarrassed I said he was the best at 160 years ago.

He is 32 years old and needs to get out of that wasteland of a division and go make a big fight, his first big fight

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Comparing Floyd who fought multiple champions at 130, a champ at 135, a champ at 140, multiple champions at 147 and multiple champions at 154 to a guy who as of yet has fought no big fights makes no sense.

You say Floyd should move up AGAIN for ANOTHER big fight. GGG hasn't moved up once, there is a very clear difference and I can't figure out why tbis guy keeps getting excused. He's done NOTHING. I want to see him be the fighter I said he could be but so far I'm embarrassed I said he was the best at 160 years ago.

He is 32 years old and needs to get out of that wasteland of a division and go make a big fight, his first big fight
    I disagree with this post. GGG has fought the best possible middleweights out there. Has he turned down a fight at 160? Not that I'm aware of. There are still plenty of good fights for him at 160 including Martinez, Murray, Geale and Sturm (Quillin doesn't count because he's on the other side of the street with networks and promoters). He has not cleaned out the division. In my opinion, he should clean out the division before he moves up. If there comes a point in time, maybe one year from now, where Martinez has retired without facing him, and Murray, Geale and Sturm continue to refuse to face him, then let's reconsider him moving up. At this point though, it's premature.

This is in stark contrast to Ward who has cleaned out the division. Ward should consider moving up in weight now because he's beat everyone at his weight. What else is there left to prove at 168 for Ward? Nothing in my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I disagree with this post. GGG has fought the best possible middleweights out there. Has he turned down a fight at 160? Not that I'm aware of. There are still plenty of good fights for him at 160 including Martinez, Murray, Geale and Sturm (Quillin doesn't count because he's on the other side of the street with networks and promoters). He has not cleaned out the division. In my opinion, he should clean out the division before he moves up. If there comes a point in time, maybe one year from now, where Martinez has retired without facing him, and Murray, Geale and Sturm continue to refuse to face him, then let's reconsider him moving up. At this point though, it's premature.

This is in stark contrast to Ward who has cleaned out the division. Ward should consider moving up in weight now because he's beat everyone at his weight. What else is there left to prove at 168 for Ward? Nothing in my opinion.

I wonder if Ward has the balls to come down in weight to challenge GGG the way Dawson came down for him. If Ward did that and won he would get a lot of credit I think and would earn a small legion of fans that are on the GGG train.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG has no chance vs Ward. He needs to stay far away from him.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I wonder if Ward has the balls to come down in weight to challenge GGG the way Dawson came down for him. If Ward did that and won he would get a lot of credit I think and would earn a small legion of fans that are on the GGG train.
    That's actually a decent point. Would Ward do the fight at 160? Have they spoken about fighting at middleweight?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I apologize for this thread. I had really high hopes for GGG and I've been disappointed by what he's done. He's looked great but beating middle of the road jr middles and middle of the road middleweights is beneath him in my opinion.

When I read his manager say "he's not ready" I reacted with emotion. I honestly think Middleweight is a terrible class and hqs been for 30 years. Its best days are when welters move up. I want better for GGG than beating an old broke down Martinez. Better than beating a fraud like Sturm.

Ward is outgrowing 168, I think that much was obvious from his appearance last fight. And if GGG doesn't fight him soon he probably won't ever fight him. So "he's not ready" hit me hard.

I just don't want to see GGG go to 168 after Froch is washed up and Ward is gone. I've waited for years for GGGs big fights, guess I just have to keep waiting.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I apologize for this thread. I had really high hopes for GGG and I've been disappointed by what he's done. He's looked great but beating middle of the road jr middles and middle of the road middleweights is beneath him in my opinion.

When I read his manager say "he's not ready" I reacted with emotion. I honestly think Middleweight is a terrible class and hqs been for 30 years. Its best days are when welters move up. I want better for GGG than beating an old broke down Martinez. Better than beating a fraud like Sturm.

Ward is outgrowing 168, I think that much was obvious from his appearance last fight. And if GGG doesn't fight him soon he probably won't ever fight him. So "he's not ready" hit me hard.

I just don't want to see GGG go to 168 after Froch is washed up and Ward is gone. I've waited for years for GGGs big fights, guess I just have to keep waiting.
    Gee Ron... I really feel bad for you. I'll get a prayer circle started for ya.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Absolutely none, jesus christ couldnt help him. Andre ward would make him look like a pedestrian.

Ward Tko9 GGG

Just wake me up when GGG fights an A level opposition..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he just doesnt have many people around him to fight. at least he has been active. thats better than most people in his position can say.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG is doing the best he can with what is available for him. He has belts and is the disputed middleweight champion. Sergio is the only one that has a case but he is inactive and ready to retire. What more can GGG do at this weight? I am sure he will move up eventually but maybe he is too small for that yet.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    At 160? There is every chance Ward gets KTFO by GGG at 160.

Thread Information