Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fury's 3 fight Boxnation deal; Minto, Chisora.. David Price!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury's 3 fight Boxnation deal; Minto, Chisora.. David Price!

There is an upside for Price. He's only on a 2 fight stoppage loss streak! After his next fight it could be 3

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Price stops them both....he lost to one of the few established heavyweight contenders in the division. Give the guy a break
    I have to disagree here, Price vs Thompson 2 was poor performance from Price! He had him down heavily early in the fight, couldn't end the fight. He looked disheartened by that, and to call yourself a 12 round fighter and be tired after 3-4 rounds was really bad. If Price doesn't improve his stamina he has no chance vs either Chisora or Fury. Fury and Chisora are both 12 round fighters and have shown that before, both have the abilityto see out the full 12 rounds and still not be tired. If Price doesn't have that in his locker by the time he fights either one of these two, he will get knocked out again. Fury and Chisora can both take a shot as well, so I don't see them getting stopped early. And as I was saying before, the longer the fight goes it doesn't bode well for Price. My current opinion is that Price will get knocked out by both of them and Fury can call price a big stiff idiot when hes on the floor haha. No disrespect to Price there, I really like him as a fighter but he has a lot of work to do
    Wladimir went through the same trials. KO'd by Sanders, dropped Brewster heavy and eventually got stopped by him as well. Now Price may not have the determination to improve since he hasn't held a worthwhile belt ever, but he CAN improve and I think he could beat Fury if he was to use the correct tactics because Fury fights like an ape

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Price stops them both....he lost to one of the few established heavyweight contenders in the division. Give the guy a break
    I have to disagree here, Price vs Thompson 2 was poor performance from Price! He had him down heavily early in the fight, couldn't end the fight. He looked disheartened by that, and to call yourself a 12 round fighter and be tired after 3-4 rounds was really bad. If Price doesn't improve his stamina he has no chance vs either Chisora or Fury. Fury and Chisora are both 12 round fighters and have shown that before, both have the abilityto see out the full 12 rounds and still not be tired. If Price doesn't have that in his locker by the time he fights either one of these two, he will get knocked out again. Fury and Chisora can both take a shot as well, so I don't see them getting stopped early. And as I was saying before, the longer the fight goes it doesn't bode well for Price. My current opinion is that Price will get knocked out by both of them and Fury can call price a big stiff idiot when hes on the floor haha. No disrespect to Price there, I really like him as a fighter but he has a lot of work to do
    i agree with most of what you are saying but price always has a chance against anyone, stamina or no stamina because he seems to hit so hard

id fancy chisora to test his stamina to the max, i think price could KO fury in a couple of rounds
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i agree with most of what you are saying but price always has a chance against anyone, stamina or no stamina because he seems to hit so hard

id fancy chisora to test his stamina to the max, i think price could KO fury in a couple of rounds
    He couldnt do it to an inexperienced 17 year old novice

Price will never have a win over any decent world class opponents.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Amateur fights don't really matter. For every Forrest-Mosley there's a Tyson-Tillman. I'd lay a bet on Price if he fought Fury

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amateur fights don't really matter. For every Forrest-Mosley there's a Tyson-Tillman. I'd lay a bet on Price if he fought Fury
    A fool and his money are soon parted

Don't be surprised if he doesn't look great in his comeback either

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remove Brian Minto (lol) and add Deontay Wilder and I'm sold.

That's if they can get Wilder to agree to fight a live opponent...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Remove Brian Minto (lol) and add Deontay Wilder and I'm sold.

That's if they can get Wilder to agree to fight a live opponent...
    Im wondering where Minto came from as iv not seen him mentioned as an opponent anywhere else. Even on his own twitter hes going on about fighting in New Zealand soon?

El Kabong Guest

I wouldn't expect Price to look like a superstar in his comeback. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more I see these other British HWs, the more I feel that David Haye was head and shoulders above them.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't expect Price to look like a superstar in his comeback. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    He was a destroyer before?

His rematch with Price showed everyone what he is. As someone else said earlier today a "paper tiger".

El Kabong Guest

His rematch with Price showed everyone what he is. As someone else said earlier today a "paper tiger".
    I never said Price was a "destroyer"

You mean Thompson? You know if Tyson Fury wanted any of that ass whupping then he would have fought Tony Thompson. Tony was willing, but YOUR BOY was waiting on........wait who the fuck is Tyson Fury waiting on? Of course you'll say David Haye, but the man is a part time boxer you don't WAIT for a part timer!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never said Price was a "destroyer"

You mean Thompson? You know if Tyson Fury wanted any of that ass whupping then he would have fought Tony Thompson. Tony was willing, but YOUR BOY was waiting on........wait who the fuck is Tyson Fury waiting on? Of course you'll say David Haye, but the man is a part time boxer you don't WAIT for a part timer!
    Well he's learnt a valuable lesson. Don't fight ex Wlad opponents, their too scared Hell have to sharpen his teeth on ex Vitali opponents instead

El Kabong Guest

Well he's learnt a valuable lesson. Don't fight ex Wlad opponents, their too scared Hell have to sharpen his teeth on ex Vitali opponents instead
    Oh it is going to be SWEET when Fury gets his ass kicked......you know, once he fights somebody

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh it is going to be SWEET when Fury gets his ass kicked......you know, once he fights somebody
    Well... Wlads most dangerous opponent had his chance but shit his pants twice

Thread Information