Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Perez-Carlos Takam

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Mike Perez-Carlos Takam

Mike 'The Rebel' Perez 20(12 KO)-0-0 vs Carlos 29(23 KO)-1-0 will face off tomorrow night at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Mike Perez is best known for his big hearted performance vs Magomed Abdusalamov where he showed a solid chin, good handspeed, and a willingness to trade. However the fight resulted in Magomed being hospitalized for quite some time and we have seen before where boxers are broken after breaking their opponents, (the late great Hector Macho Camacho and Chris Eubank come to mind) but Perez is adamant not to let that fight control his future and has dedicated this fight to Magomed which is a kind hearted gesture and very respectable from Perez.

Carlos Takam is less well known, but he is a pressure fighter with quick hands and can move his head well. He cuts off the ring fairly well but I doubt that will come in to play very much given Perez's willingness to trade. takam holds a TKO win over Michael Grant who despite his age was showing signs that he was finding a good rhythm and being competitive with top heavyweights. Takam stopped Grant in the 8th round and it was the first stoppage loss for Grant in 10 years. Takam also stopped Frans Botha and journeyman Gbenga Oloukun which shows to me at least that his power or his ability to put punches together IS enough to be considered a true threat. The only loss Takam has was dealt to him by Gregory Tony who really boxed and put his punches together well to beat up on Takam.

The last betting I checked on had Perez COMFORTABLY ahead -714 for Perez to +450 for Takam...I for one think it's closer than that but given Perez's mental state I guess we'll have to see.

Keys for a Perez win: To beat Takam, Mike is going to have to make friends with the jab to set up the left cross. Takam is not a guy who throws straight punches, but they are crisp, they get to the target quickly so Perez will have to keep that in mind and bring his hands back HIGH to avoid counters. Perez will have to keep the fight off the ropes and be sure to pivot to keep Takam from cutting the ring down. I do not expect Perez to go to war, I expect him to BOX and if he does that he'll have an easier time with Takam. The main thing is that Perez doesn't take unnecessary punishment, there's no need to fight down to someone's boxing level, if you can take Takam to school start the bus and drive him there! If you decide to brawl with Carlos then you're rolling the dice.

Keys for a Takam win: Cut the ring down, move your head, mix it up throw to the head and to the body to take away the legs. Maul, brawl, smother, roughhouse! Perez is a good technical fighter, but Magomed really gave him a hard fight. Mago's hands were slower and his punches wider but he still landed, and he was head hunting too! Which means Takam should be able to rip off some combinations and do damage. Perez has a leg up in his technical ability so Takam has to make him go to war and just hope his firepower hurts Perez.

I believe this will be a very FUN fight for the fans and I hope it turns out in MY favor which is a Takam victory.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike Perez-Carlos Takam

Nice summary. I Have gone with a Perez KO at even money. Takam is quite easy too hit and although he is tough I dont think he is as tough as Mago. Id say a 6th or 7th round stoppage. Hopefully its a cracker.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Nice summary. I Have gone with a Perez KO at even money. Takam is quite easy too hit and although he is tough I dont think he is as tough as Mago. Id say a 6th or 7th round stoppage. Hopefully its a cracker.
    If Perez is on his toes and boxes instead of trading he might could stop Takam. BUT at the same time if you watch Perez-Mago then you'll see if Takam rolls and counters AT ALL he could really put a hurting on Mike.

Decent bet though and good luck, I hope it's a phone booth scrap myself, but after hearing the weights with Takam at 256 or whatever I'm starting to think you may have a winner.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    If Perez is on his toes and boxes instead of trading he might could stop Takam. BUT at the same time if you watch Perez-Mago then you'll see if Takam rolls and counters AT ALL he could really put a hurting on Mike.

Decent bet though and good luck, I hope it's a phone booth scrap myself, but after hearing the weights with Takam at 256 or whatever I'm starting to think you may have a winner.
    Yea a career high weight is never a good sign but he didnt look in that bad condition so perhaps hes put on a bit of muscle.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perez wins by ko however he fights.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    You're mad! He has 12 KO's in 20 fights....if he stands and trades he's done!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    You're mad! He has 12 KO's in 20 fights....if he stands and trades he's done!
    Cant count prize fighter so hes 10 from 17. 2 of points wins were 8 rounders against Page, one agaisnt Ahunanya and Mago. These are fighters who are rarely stopped. Perez certainly can punch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only way Perez loses is if he throws the fight
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I believe this will be a very FUN fight for the fans
    You promised you were selling a good fight and all I got was this shit sandwich.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Only way Perez loses is if he throws the fight
    At least he didn't throw the fight
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

You promised you were selling a good fight and all I got was this shit sandwich.
    I thought based on prior performances it would be a good fight. The styles should have meshed and we should have been entertained.

I guess the Mago fight got in Perez's head

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought based on prior performances it would be a good fight. The styles should have meshed and we should have been entertained.

It's ok I forgive you. Just send me a refund in the post.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or just that hes really not very good and mabe Magomed wasnt that great either and it made Perez look better than he is?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure you can blame the Mago fight (maybe), I just think that is Perez. If he's not up for it he's not up for it. He weighed about the same as last time yet seemed lacklustre from the start. Lucky to get a draw in the end.

Says he doesn't watch boxing and has little interest in it outside of himself. That's probably it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

takam got robbed!!! thats bullshit!!!

Thread Information