Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What other sports are you into besides Boxing? plus the sports you dislike

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What other sports are you into besides Boxing? plus the sports you dislike

I used to be a basketball junkie in the early-late 90s but stopped watching when the rules started changing and players turned soft.. I saw a clip not too long ago where carmelo anthony got his dunk swatted by some bum named hibbert who would have been a bench boy in the 90s.. wtf and when was the last time lebron james tried to dunk over a big man? Ya remember what Shawn Kemp used to do?
    These flopping pussies like carmelo, durant, and wayne wouldnt have been nearly as good in the devensive era of the 90s..

My friends are into football so I tried to get into it at one point but cod dam this aint for me.. american football has more timeouts than playing time and the action isnt spontaneous enough for me.. football is fuckin boring... id rather watch Rugby..

When im not watching Boxing, im deep into Baseball.. Id say baseball is probably the most complicated game of all the sports out there.. there is just so much thinking and decision making involved, its crazy... and just like boxing, baseball is one of the few sports that hasnt evolved much.. its definitely a thinking man's game and I cant get enough of it! There is nothing like getting drunk and eating hot dogs at the Dodgers game and when we are playing against san francisco, u know some shits gonna go down.. Dodgers and the Halos are the team right there..

What about you?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What other sports are you into besides Boxing? plus the sports you dislike

Agreed, Baseball is the perfect sport. So intricate. The moments between picture and batter are as intense as the battle between boxers. I'm on the opposite coast from you so the Red sox are my team. I can say San Fran is my NL team mainly because Jerry Garcia played The Star Spangled Banner at their game a couple times. I'd love to get out to your coast to see the Red Sox play a CA team. We're you a halos fan when Mo Vaughn went to them.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What other sports are you into besides Boxing? plus the sports you dislike

The only sport I follow besides boxing is football (the kicky kind, not the throwy kind). I have an appreciation for most sports though, even if they bore me (like Cricket and Baseball do) I recognize there is skill and strategy involved.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I closely follow -
    Rugby
    Formula One
    Cricket
    Tennis
    Athletics
    Football

and follow loads of others to some extent.
    I don't dislike any sport really but probably Horse Racing is my least favourite of mainstream sports.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Agreed, Baseball is the perfect sport. So intricate. The moments between picture and batter are as intense as the battle between boxers. I'm on the opposite coast from you so the Red sox are my team. I can say San Fran is my NL team mainly because Jerry Garcia played The Star Spangled Banner at their game a couple times. I'd love to get out to your coast to see the Red Sox play a CA team. We're you a halos fan when Mo Vaughn went to them.
    I had high hopes when Vaughn came to Anaheim but it sucks he was plagued by injuries cuz he could have done alot more. Ive been an avid fan of Angels since the days of Jim Abott, Luis Polonia, young Garrett Anderson, Tim Salmon, Jim Edmonds, JT Snow and those guys.. But my favorite roster by far has to be from 02 season when Eckstein, Kennedy, Lackey and the gangsbusters took out NY to enter the world series final against SF! That was probably my favorite moment in boxing watching Angels claim their first ever World Series title.. man that takes me back.

Winning the World Series was one thing but the fact that they beat NY to reach the finals was more satisfying than anything else.. at the time, I remember thinking I dont care what happens as long as they beat NY. lol

That's the same reason why I like the Boston Red Sox.. Watching them wreck NY for awhile put a smile on my face.

If you are planning a trip down here for a Boston game, let me know... I believe they are playing Halos in August 10..

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like adrenaline ones to watch, take your pick.

Which makes golf and chess something I could follow in a library never on screen but dont mind playing either occasionally.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like baseball, tennis and have a new interest in archery.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mma and playoff American football.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moto Gp
    World and British superbikes
    Football
    Rugby Union and league
    I dislike Golf how boring.

El Kabong Guest

Baseball - life long die hard Red Sox fan. Mo Vaughn leaving Boston was the worst decision, he was plagued by injuries after he left. But we've had to endure some horrid trades Larry Anderson for Jeff Bagwell? Still makes me sick!

NHL - Carolina Hurricanes and pre-Canes I was a huge Canucks fan due to 1 Pavel Bure who was a fucking BEAST! I played more like Scott Stevens but I always wanted to play like Bure.

NCAA Basketball - UNC though they suck this year, ECU is doing better these days

NCAA Football - ECU, 1990's Nebraska Cornhuskers

NFL - Carolina Panthers & pre Panthers I liked the Chiefs and the Lions oddly enough. Roger Goodell and ESPN are ruining the fucking sport....whiny little cunt pundits who never played a down

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA is my #1 sport, even over boxing. Been following religiously since 2001.

Hockey I've followed and played for life, being Canadian.

Hockey, boxing and MMA are the only sports I really follow closely.

I enjoy most sports. Football (American) I really like. Baseball is a beautiful sport on paper, but kinda slow paced for my tastes but I do like it. Soccer I can get into as well.

The one sport I don't get is basketball.

El Kabong Guest

The key for watching baseball is DRINKING.....same thing with all other sports IMO

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Football (particularly enjoying going to watch the mighty Argyle play live along with the Green army , especially away, which I rarely do nowadays, not so enamoured with the Premiership.)
    MotoGP
    Athletics, particularly long distance running, I like the technical aspects of pacing and the mental strength thing, (a bit like boxing).
    Cricket and Rugby sometimes (Internationals)
    X Games, love BMX, Skateboarding, snowboarding, etc
    Used to enjoy doing jujitsu but still love watching Boxing above all others.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From the time I was very young, it was boxing. I remember making my friends 'play' Norton vs Ali in my front yard. Growing up, we played a lot of football and basketball. In the late 80s I used to follow the local college and club rugby teams pretty close and would see a couple matches every weekend.
    In the early 90s, I started teaching boxing and that was it. After the last Cowboys Super Bowl win, I had no idea who even played in the game until 2001.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe someone can explain the fascination with basketball to me.

At the end of every year I love watching the year end wrap up shows and the "best play" countdowns. I love "catching up" in a small way on the sports I don't really follow.

American football, you see crazy touchdown passes/catches, 90+ yard rushes, ect. Soccer I get to see guys pulling off crazy passing plays, bicycle kick goals and crazy precision goals scored from what seems like a mile away. Amazing hockey goals, boxing somtimes, ect.

Then interspersed between these amazing athletic feats are the basketball highlights... which all involve a 7 foot black guy dribbling past a few guys who AREN'T ALLOWED TO TOUCH HIM, thenjumping up and slamming a ball through a hoop. Who gives a flying fuck? I never understood why anyone would watch basketball. Where's the excitement?

Thread Information